[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working underage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 5178932376dfb.image.jpg (30KB, 300x285px) Image search: [Google]
5178932376dfb.image.jpg
30KB, 300x285px
In the state of Texas, what kind of businesses should a 15 year old hit up to get a job at minimum wage or higher?

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobseekers/texas-child-labor-law

This explains everything you'd need to know, besides one thing I was also wondering: If said 15 year old does virtual school with flexible hours, would the hours of work laws still apply? I'm aware that truancy laws do not apply to anybody attending a virtual school, so there's a chance the child labor laws might be debatable as well.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>1095873

Truck stops (retail at truck stops have ridiculously high turnover) and fast food.
>>
Work for yourself. You will make more money, and have more flexible hours. Lawn care or anything outside in the Texas heat. Take pride in your work and you will be rewarded. Just do not cut yourself short when pricing. You are worth every dollar.
>>
>>1095933
As far as stuff like that goes, who do I talk to? As aforementioned, I do virtual school. I don't talk to many people and I'm in a town home where I don't know many neighbors.
>>
>>1095873
Virtual school would still apply. It'd apply even if you didn't attend school at all. The point of hours of work is to keep you in regular school, that's why the exist.
>>
>>1095969
That makes sense, thank you.
>>
I know you are only 15 now, but you need to start working on those networking skills. Meet your neighbors, get some cards or flyers made up. I promise you it sucks. But after you knock on the first door and they did not kill you go to the next. I promise you if you knock on enough doors someone will say yes. You will not say the right thing...that is OK....you will mess up...you will live. You have to interact with people today to make money. You think Bill Gates was a programmer? No he was a salesman. We are all in sales. It is just some sell or you get sold....Do not work for someone else.
>>
>people aren't reporting this thread
>>
>>1095983
Normally I would, but since he's an alright poster who made an actually /biz/ related thread, I opted not too since he's better than 90% of our posters already.
>>
>>1095873
Also, regarding the first question, you may want to ask /b/, since a lot more people there are in that age range, and possibly reddit, (r/texas i'd imagine can help). I
>>
>>1095983
I made it a point not to explicitly state whether or not I was the 15 year old mentioned, though I did flub up later and claim I was the one in virtual school.

>>1095990
I appreciate it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.