[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do with your money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Spending-Fast-540x360.jpg (32KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
Spending-Fast-540x360.jpg
32KB, 540x360px
What do you do with your money? Save? Invest? Purchase your weight in Cheetos?

I am still relatively new to this board and I am not asking for advice, I see plenty of threads for that. I am more interested in what all you faggots do.
>>
>>1095748
Lonnie deals
>>
>>1095748
I make about $4,300 per month after taxes. $400 goes into 401K (up to what's matched), $500 goes into personal stocks, $1,000 goes into savings for a condo/house, $1,900 goes to cost of living, and $400 is blown on actually living out my youth or tossed into savings/stocks.
>>
>>1095748
I help move the economy by paying $1 to random people to suck my dick
>>
>>1095748
invest duh
the only good way to save money is through a cd ladder. even then your returns are shit.
>>
>>1095748
Buy my freedom.
>>
>>1095765
>4300 after taxes

What do you do?
>>
File: serpico.jpg (98KB, 392x679px) Image search: [Google]
serpico.jpg
98KB, 392x679px
>>1095748

buy rare memes and sell for a markup
>>
>>1095808
Build Release Engineer (some corporate software BS). Also my 401K is before the $4,300 per month, so I'm throwing $400 away somewhere. I'll go check that out.
>>
40% goes to rent
10% savings
15% set aside for taxes

the rest goes to living expenses and entertainment
>>
>>1095821
Ha I tried this but tumblr dogs just vanished overnight and were replaced by 9gag peepees
>>
>>1095748

Any change I have goes into this big square glass thing. When it gets full, I take it to my bank to have it counted and turned into folding money, which is then invested into index funds.

I also invest something like 20% of my paycheck into index funds, and another 10% into dividend-yielding stocks. The rest goes to bills and living expenses.
>>
I make roughly $1300 every 2 weeks.

-I pay $970 for rent
-I'm supposed to be paying utilities but i haven't gotten a bill in 3 months so whatev
-$500 per month goes towards paying off $37,000 in college loans (I don't need to pay off that much, I just choose to)
-$70 - $150 on food every 2 weeks

And that's about it. The rest it hold up in my savings or unless I pay for some entertainment.

I'm planning to be debt free in my late 20s, then I can use the extra money to invest
>>
>>1095748

Salary after taxes: $3370

Housing (rent, utilities)
>22%

Living Expenses (Phone bill, gas, groceries, car maint. etc)
>15%

Savings (RRSP, personal)
>18%

Debt Prepayment (student loans, credit card)
>25% - 40%

What's left usually goes towards my hobbies and entertainment. The reason why my debt repayment is so large is because I'm pushing to clear up my line of credit and student loans by the end of May.
>>
>>1095852

>I'm supposed to be paying utilities but i haven't gotten a bill in 3 months so whatev

Best to get on that before they send you the bill. The utilities provider where I live screwed my bill up and ended up charging me an extra $250 after they discovered I wasn't being billed for sewage.
>>
>>1095886
That's pretty shitty. How do they have a right to charge you late fees for a clerical fuckup on their end?

Why don't I just open up a free motel for everyone, and then charge one giant ass bill at the end when they leave because they weren't making payments every day?
>>
>>1095894

Not late fees but rather fees I never received. I got in contact with them and visited their offices to go over the charges. It was a lapse on their part and was extremely inconvenient for me but there was no denying that the charges were legit.

Trust me, there is no point in fighting over something like this. The best thing you can do when dealing with something like a utility company is ensure that the charges are correct and that they don't over charge you.
>>
>>1095748

I'm primarily paying off debts and establishing an emergency fund of (X) months expenses (I'm going with 6 for now).
>>
I dip my money in 7up to make more money.
>>
I put it into a high interest online savings account until I'll have enough for another house. I'll probably put some into the market too once it's a little less volatile.
>>
>>1095941
Oh alright. I'm fine with paying one large past expense I owed if it's just a culmination of past months. It sounded like you had to pay a random extra $250 on top of the actual bills you received.

But yeah my landlord said something about a bill supposedly coming "mid february" so we'll see
>>
>>1095748

I shove it up my ass. Seriously. I have roughly $10,000 in large bills shoved up my ass.
>>
I save/invest about 60% of my income. The rest is spent on cost of living and buying tools/funding side ventures.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.