[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming a FBI agent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: obama-eating-shaved-ice.jpg (29KB, 317x378px) Image search: [Google]
obama-eating-shaved-ice.jpg
29KB, 317x378px
I'm thinking about becoming an FBI agent, doing criminal apprehension or investigative work, ideally some combination. Problem is, I'm currently a last-semester senior in college (too old for the internship program) and I did a music and business major. I'm set up to get a good job working in Japan (I'm American) in B2B marketing, so that satisfies the language requirement. Aside from getting gud at Japanese and getting in shape what can I do to be a more viable candidate?
>>
>>1094789
Idk if this will help you, but I'm getting a certification in Digital Forensics. Not sure what I can do with it though
>>
>>1095284
>I'm getting a cert/degree in XYZ but not sure what I can do with it
Millenials, everyone
>>
FBI job is not as glamour as the media portrays it to be. Plus it pay meh, and they will do a full-scope background check which is were most people fail. One arrest record will ruin your chances in getting a job. Even minor things like parking tickets can ruin your chances in those types of jobs. If you want to become a special agent then you need a high GPA from college and most likely a masters degree. All the trouble for a shitty wage is why no one applies for those jobs. You're better off in teh private sector.
>>
File: pepetendies.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pepetendies.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>1095330
Ah yeah I should pass that, never even gotten a parking or speeding ticket. It looks like the starting pay is $60k/year which is actually higher than I can expect for whatever marketing job I get straight out of college, so if we're being honest it's not that bad.
>>
>>1095353
Well, you have a long history of frogposting on 4chan so you're probably fucked.
>>
>>1095302
Not him, but there is no guarantee of employment after college anymore, much less in your field.
>>
>>1095353
It's 60k starting but 88k cap. As in "you're the highest rank of FBI agent at 30 years later" cap. It's ridiculously low.
>>
>>1095382
It goes by GS level and step. So each GS has multiple steps. It's also dependent on locality.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2016/general-schedule/
>>
>>1094789
You should be a cop for a couple of years.
>>
>>1095391
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/16Tables/html/DCB.aspx

This is for DC.

Your GS is determined by your civilian education and level of experience.

I have military intelligence experience and a degree, so I would start higher than someone being hired with only one of those two things (hypothetically, you can't get hired federally without a degree).
>>
You need a military and/or law enforcement background.

Do you think they just hire random people with random degrees?
>>
>>1095399
http://www.fbiagentedu.org/fbi-requirements/
Note that one of the 5 requirements is language, precisely why I mentioned Japanese, as it will be useful (at least one Yakuza clan has tried to expand its operation into NA in the last year) and far less common than Spanish.
>>
>>1095397

Do you have deployment experience with SOF? I'm at a pmc and we're looking for operations personnel who have or have recently expired ts/sci
>>
>>1095647
Not even going to read it because on phone but if anything those are MINIMUM requirements.

In Canada for example you can become a police officer with just a highschool diploma... But obviously that never happens.
>>
>>1095399
not the guy you quoted but I know that the FBI really likes accounting majors.

just know that you need to be exemplary to have a chance at joining the FBI. they are selective because they don't hire very often.
>>
>>1095763
Yeah it's a fair point. I'm hoping that 3 years of work experience in Japanese will make me relatively exceptional at least in regard to language and culture.
>>
>>1095846
Most people who get hired have law enforcement/military background and that generally means a degree in criminology.

Tbqh knowing some Japanese won't really mean too much imo
>>
>>1094789
I'm HUMINT.
CIA or DIA>FBI.
You're welcome. Also enjoy those fucking reports.
Talking to people can be a fuck ton more boring than you'd expect.
>>
>>1095864
True. I would like to get out of the office sometimes though and I've gotten the impression that the CIA, outside of spies, doesn't get to do that very much.
>>
>>1095921
Nah, I work with a bunch of spooks.
They get out there. I think the DIA is more competent though to be honest.
>>
Get a masters degree in accounting and become a CPA. FBI always catches people through poor book keeping
>>
>>1095864
greetings from fairbanks
>>
>>1095657
>Do you have deployment experience with SOF?

Unfortunately no, I've only worked theater level J2 and regional level G2. I have some training in counter intel analytics and I've worked a few varied types of products.

>I'm at a pmc and we're looking for operations personnel who have or have recently expired ts/sci

I would take you up on it in a heart beat but I don't think I'm what you're looking for if you're looking for people with more tactical experience.
>>
>>1095974
Oh shit 25th?
I'm sorry man.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.