[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you pay your kids college? Do you look down on the kids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: College-Fund-Follow-My-Vote.jpg (2MB, 3812x2539px) Image search: [Google]
College-Fund-Follow-My-Vote.jpg
2MB, 3812x2539px
Would you pay your kids college? Do you look down on the kids whose daddy paid their college?
>>
1) Yes, it is my obligation to my children to give them every advantage possible to ensure they live a better life than me.

Blood is more important than money

Believing that your children are nothing more than a burden for 18 years and then kicking them out forever is a Boomer/Gen X thing that has to end.

2) Absolutely not. Only liberal shit heads think that a person who had their parents help them is a worse person than someone who didn't
>>
>>1094431
this

The whole "daddy's money" meme is hilariously stupid. People claim that Donald Trump is only worth $10bil because his father gave him $1mil to start out, but I'd like to see a liberal leech make any profit off $1million.
>>
I don't think it's that simple. So you want your kids to be able to deal with scarcity but you don't want to subject them to too much of it. Kind of a tough balance but I think it can be done with some planning and smartness. Also a healthy family helps.

The problem is too many people have kids for the wrong reasons. One of those dunning kruger things
>>
>Would you pay your kids college?

Yes, contingent on the following:
>not majoring in anything useless
>not shit-tier uni (I'm talking Humboldt state, CC is fine by me if they transfer to something decent like UC Davis)
>if private uni, one that meets 100% of financial need (not overpriced and they're generally the only ones worth going to)
>maintains reasonable GPA
>graduates

>Do you look down on the kids whose daddy paid their college?

No, it's not their fault that their parents are generous/planned ahead so they won't be stuck with student loans
>>
>>1094470
>it's not their fault that their parents are generous/planned ahead
I don't see how this is anyone's fault?

>>1094450
I agree, my parents are wealthy and pay for private university but I'm under a lot of pressure in terms of performance and financially they could give me a lot lot more
>>
>>1094478
>it's not their fault that their parents are generous/planned ahead

My bad, I worded that like a tard. Basically I meant to say that the fact that their parents paid for their education says nothing about them as a person, therefore it is unreasonable to "look down" on them based on that.
>>
>>1094436
>>1094431
You are coming at this from the NEET perspective
There is a reason gen X/ boomers took on this attitude, cause they seen what happens to low ambition leeches
>>
File: Hipster Fox.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster Fox.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>1094421

Look. Go to college, meet a girl there, both of you get a 9-5 job, a $300k+ mortgage, have kids who spend their first 18 years in school so they can go to college (let them get in debt), meet a girl...
>>
>>1094421

Only if they choose a good degree. If they want a shit degree, they can pay for it on their own
>>
>>1094421
Yes.

No. I'd only look down on someone if they squandered the opportunity they got.
>>
>>1094421
Yes. They will probably go to public school so I will pay for it through taxes and cash.

I don't look down on people who got money from their parents. I grew up with extremely rich people whose parents worked for Intel, HP, Genentech and people who lived in a trailer park. They rich people were good people for the most part.

I'm liberal though and I think education at public universities should be paid for by taxes, but with reforms in place to stop handing out worthless degrees that actually hurt the people who receive them.

>>1094470
Hey I went to a CC then transferred to UC Davis for Chemical Engineering. I grew up near Sacramento so I've always been familiar with Davis but I'm surprised at the amount of people who know about it on 4chan.
>>
>>1094662
You don't need to withhold payment of college to ensure your kid grows up ambitious and not entitled. My siblings and I had our university paid for, as well as $1000 towards our first vehicle, and we all have successful careers and/or businesses, without any family connections. The thing my parents did right was they made sure we were always appreciative and understood the value of what they were doing for us. They also seldom gave into us begging/asking for random junk.

You can argue that since I'm browsing 4chan, they fucked up somewhere along the line, but the financial support my family gave me didn't affect me negatively in any way.
>>
Yes

Yes, cant help it, us kiwis have tall poppy syndrome
>>
>>1094431
>Only liberal shit heads think that a person who had their parents help them is a worse person than someone who didn't

That does not compute.

Conservecucks are the ones always talking about working hard and pulling yourself up by your bootstraps and no hand outs etc.

To answer the OP, I agree with you as far as it's my obligation to give my children the best possible chances to succeed.
>>
>>1094421
1) Yes, if he isn't some junkie or flunkie
2) Only the 30 kids from my graduating class who went straight off to a UC right out of high school and got Wymin's Herstory degrees or some equivalent meme degree.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.