[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you say as the owner/CEO of a company?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: CEO.jpg (50KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
CEO.jpg
50KB, 600x577px
Weird question, I'm very new.

How did Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg stay as the CEO's of their companies without being booted out or people turning on them?

How did they trademark their brand early on and ensure no one stole it?

How do you ensure from the beginning that right until the end you'll be at the top making all the decisions? Anyone have any experience?
>>
>>1094160
Own the majority of shares, I guess.
>>
>>1094165
nope, they just need to own sufficient shares with additional voting rights - they don't need to maintain 51% of actual equity in the companies to maintain complete control
>>
>>1094160
>a thread not shilling cryptos, namely ethereum.

Hide and report
>>
>>1094160
>How did Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg stay as the CEO's of their companies without being booted out or people turning on them?

are you seriously implying that no one ever turned on them while they were holding the CEO position? the key to success is fucking other people harder than they are trying to fuck you, and I guarantee you that both Gates and Zuckerberg left a lot of sore anuses in their wake
>>
>>1094177
So what you're saying is, use your real life experiences in the business world?

If anyone ever seems like they're gong to screw you or they're lying to you, get them out as quickly and quietly as possible?
>>
File: 1408868852143.jpg (84KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
1408868852143.jpg
84KB, 400x295px
>>1094160

>How did Mark Zuckerberg stay as the CEO's

Outside investors only invested in the company because they believed in his leadership to begin with. If they wanted to replace Zuckerberg, why give him money in the first place? Why not use the money to start a competing company with the team you want?

>How did they trademark their brand early on and ensure no one stole it?

Plenty of people tried to copy facebook and still do to this day. In some interviews Zuckerberg talks about a company named 'College Facebook' which started up around 2005 and basically did the same thing Facebook was doing, except they were targeting the schools where the original Facebook wasn't at. Zuckerberg and the other founders actually considered CF a real threat at the time. I'm not sure exactly how Facebook won.

But the point is that copycats are very real threat. There are companies all over the world that do nothing but copy promising silicon valley startups locally. Rocket Internet is one such company that operates in Europe. They have something like 30 copies of Silicon Valley companies. Sometimes the copies fail, sometimes they succeed. Regardless, it's a real pain in the ass, especially for companies that rely on economies of scale. There is no real way to combat this, other than quickly expanding internationally.
>>
>>1094160
they stay as ceo because the own over 50% of the shares.
>>
>>1094160
In Gates' and Zuckerberg's case, they had enough smarts to back up their force-of-will about how the company should operate.

They also surrounded themselves with very competent people who were more interested in being "the powerful person behind the curtain" or "the person that THE person counts on" than trying to throw out the original person in charge.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.