[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

zero IRS income tax withholding possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: noIRS.png (20KB, 324x313px) Image search: [Google]
noIRS.png
20KB, 324x313px
Working for the family business. Not self employed.

Is it possible to have zero tax withheld from my paycheck & just make estimated payments (1040-ES) every 3 months? I would rather get 100% of my pay each pay period, then just mail a check to the IRS every 3 months.
>>
>>1094133

If you want to lie about your deductions and then probably pay a penalty for underpaying withholdings at the end of the year... Then sure.
>>
>>1094136

I don't want to lie or pay a penalty. I just would rather keep the with held amount in my bank account, grab a bit of interest, then pay the IRS every 3 months.

I'm better at managing money than the family. This would shift the burden of paying my share of income tax every 3 months.
>>
>>1094145

The option I listed is the option available to you. If you don't like that option then you have pay the appropriate withholdings like every other schmoe in America.
>>
An employer is supposed to send in his/her/its employees' withholding every quarter. I want to do it instead.

Essentially the IRS is getting their cut, on time.

Is this wrong?
>>
Talk to accountant.
>>
>>1094133

owner operators that work for delivery service companies pay their taxes at the end of the year. they don't deduct any taxes off their pay every paycheque.

the smarter ones pay theirs every quarter so they don't get buttfuck at the end of the year with taxes.

i live in canada by the way.
>>
If you owe less than $1,000 a year, then the IRS shouldn't assess penalties. The only time they do is if you are self-employed and don't make estimated tax payments, pay late, or some shit like that. There might be other small reasons here or there that they'd penalize you, but if you don't owe over 1,000, then they probably won't take interest in you.

If you want to be perfectly safe, then you have to send in 100/110% (which depends on which tax bracket you're in) of your last year's federal tax liability. Then you shouldn't have a penalty (again, unless you're doing screwy things with self-employed quarterlies).

So yes, you can do this. In most cases, the IRS won't care. Just send them in on time in equal installments that are at least 100/110% of your previous year's tax liability.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.