[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does "hard work" really pay off, or is that just a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Does "hard work" really pay off, or is that just a meme perpetuated by the working class?
>>
Of course you need to work hard! Hard work is what separates the lazy from the industrious. But at the same time, "working smart" is just as important.

However, you'll hear lazy people telling you to "work smart". There's a good chance that they are not doing anything to make their work more efficient.
>>
I used to think that, but no. Now when I find myself working hard, I stop and ask myself how I would work smartly.
>>
File: 841304-8925710-Dante_49_3.jpg (16KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
841304-8925710-Dante_49_3.jpg
16KB, 496x372px
People can say there is a balance, a logic that everything happens for a reason... But the truth is far less designed. No matter how hard you work, when you die, you die. Some spend their entire life trying to scratch their way to the top, and still die in poverty. While others are born into wealth without ever working at all. It's a cruel and random world. And yet the chaos is all so beautiful.
>>
No it has nothing to do with working.

Everyone successful just got lucky and a successful business plopped into their laps after they smoked enough weed and played enough videogames.
>>
File: law30.png (10KB, 592x579px) Image search: [Google]
law30.png
10KB, 592x579px
The point is to meet a deadline or reach a goal.

The means are unimportant. However, if you do work hard make sure to conceal it.
>>
>>1092276
So, everyone that was born into a wealthy family was a NEET?

You really sound like an embittered cunt that didn't get his way, and want to cling to the false hope that if you work hard enough, you'll maybe get to sit down at a table with someone of grandeur.
>>
>>1092291
that's one of the wiser things I've heard on this board
>>
Most people who make much money probably works hard but most people who work hard make very little money.
Any normal career that makes a lot of money is a lot of hard work.
Being a manager or executive is usually a lot of hard work.
>>
>>1092297
Is learning the English language just as hard?
>>
>>1092298
As what?
>>
>>1092309
Taking a capitalistic dick.
>>
All (okay, most) successful people are hard workers but most hard workers are not successful.
>>
>>1092313
Where'd you get this information?
>>
>>1092240
Everybody works for somebody. Employees that don't work hard, do not get promoted, employees that are lazy just get fired.

Same deal with owning a business. If you don't work hard managing your business, your employees will walk all over you, your competitors will walk all over you, and you'll be struggling or out of business.

That said, hard work applied to something untenable, or unmarketable, like a minimum wage job or a liberal arts degree is fucking pointless. You need work toward an actual goal for hard work to pay off.
>>
>>1092314
Vickers, Work in Essex County, Page 98.
>>
>>1092325
>employees that don't work hard don't get promoted

Where do you work? I want to work there, because my entire life I've noticed that the exact opposite is the case. Either that, or the people that worked hard ended up stuck in middle management as useful idiots to the people at the top.
>>
>>1092332
usually people who work hard devalue themselves and are taken advantage of by management. people who value themselves are seen by management as potential management. do what you're paid to do, not what you're not paid to do.

though, if you work hard and save money, you can become your own boss.
>>
Nope

Minimum wage slaves like Mexican laborers probably work the hardest out of everybody

Work smarter not harder
>>
>>1092240
Take some wisdom from an Eastern European immigrant who used to work very hard making little money (6xk developing very complex software), and now makes multitudes more developing his own software - working hard is useful only in setting up your position. Imagine a game of chess. You win by setting up your position and outmaneuvering your opponents. If you set up your employers position making them M of dollars, then it feels like hard work and is useless for you. If you do it to set up your own position, it doesn't feel like work at all.
>>
>>1092240
You need balance. When I learned how to code I spent around 15 hours daily on working and teaching myself shit at home. To the point I took drugs to keep me going. However it wasn't worth it, you need to give yourself some time if you need it.
And when you need it - you will know.
>>
>work extra hard for me, goy
>I don't care about your health or wellbeing, just make me more money!
>>
>>1092240
Life is a lottery. You need to get lucky to win. Hard work is how to buy tickets though.
>>
File: 1320813769830.gif (2MB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1320813769830.gif
2MB, 300x242px
>>1092240
It is not a meme, anon. Hard work ALWAYS pays off.
>>
>>1092524
what 'complex' software do you develop janusz?
>>
At the right place and time it does.

But above everything, LEADERSHIP is what pays off.

Being a hard working servant will just leave you a servant at the end of your career.
>>
>>1092240

you need opportunity. hard work prepares you to milk opportunity when it appears, or you are left flat sitting on your hands unable to react. you really need opportunity and social capital, but with no hard work, those things can't be effectively leveraged
>>
>>1092240
Work hard at the right things and it will pay off. Work hard at irrelevant crap and it won't.
>>
>>1092240
No, nepotism gets you places though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.