[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VC IS KILL REEEEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

>Work at a VC firm in Europe
>Have to sign an NDA firm
>Can't even tell parents what firm I work for
>lelwatOkay.jpeg
>Europe's venture capital markets collapsed last week
>Our firm COLLAPSED yesterday
>Zero liquid overnight
>Clause allows investors to pull out 4 years early
>Everyone loses their jobs :(

I lost my job today bro's, it didn't pay anything but I had never been this happy before. Europe's startup scene collapsed overnight and now everyone's flocking to Murica until the bubble bursts over there as well. Bloody hell guise.

Hold me.
>>
Europe had a startup scene ?
>>
>>1091946
I work at an IB and the forecast for even medium sized startups right now is really fucking bad, especially anything tech related

its not my specialty but all the guys in that dept I'm talking to are saying pull out now and cum before youre last one fucking her

not just a europe thing, the states is getting hit too. san fran is in big trouble right now. if your old firm has any respectability itn its name left use it on your resume and get yourself a job at a big corporation before the name is something you want to leave off entirely
>>
>>1091955
fuck are you serious? I was planning on moving to the states.. fuckity fuck.
>>
>>1091950
Tiny in comparison to Silicon Valley, not anymore though. Entire private market in Europe has fallen to shite. It's absolutely mad lad! German fintech companies are getting killed for some reason, we think it's the stealth tax Merkel put on small biz to pay for their migrant policy..no idea though.
>>
>>1091956
I'm serious. investors dont want that kind of risk right now and theyve figured out that the traditional startup valuation model was bullshit. theres too much volatility shitting on them from all over the place from the other major market swings that are happening.

I mean I'd still say move to the states if you want to. I'm in london now but I'm actively looking to transfer to the states as soon as my contracts allow and there's an opening in my division. it's a better place to live as long as you're at least upper middle class and work for somewhere that pays your health insurance
>>
>>1091946

Did you save any money you made at all?
>>
>>1091946
Noice noice, destroy it all. Let it fall!
>>
>>1091960
Does this surprise you ? European VC's are shit and were always shit. They tried to copy the VC's in Palo Alto and failed, they wanted to invest in the next jet.com/uber/airbnb/meerkat etc but instead decided to invest in fucking food startups. FOOD STARTUPS. All european VC's should just dissolve and rather invest their shareholders money in VC's in California. European VC'S are just to retarted to find the next airbnb or uber.
>>
>>1091946
Well if they're bankrupt, how are they going to pursue you into reveiling the company secrets?
Cmon man spill the beans
>>
Any reports about those incidents online? I'm curious whether this bubble finally bursts.

Any sources I could read into?
>>
What is it about Europe that makes it such a failure in terms of startups compared to the USA?
>>
>>1091946
>tfw just left my job at a SaaS startup to work for a big corp

Feels good mang
>>
>>1092051
https://pando.com/2015/10/27/techpocalypse-coming/

https://pando.com/2015/12/21/merry-christmas-techpocalypse-finally-upon-us/8fa0e096ed47e6d14afbeda55319e67678df2358/

https://pando.com/2016/01/15/america-faces-techpocalypse-how-are-things-going-europe/

https://pando.com/2016/02/12/its-5-pm-somewhere-your-weekly-round-depressing-techpocalypse-news/585e10adc5d511a661bf04b00ffa4794b8acb59d/
>>
>>1092515
>pando.com
Ok, kid.
>>
>>1092593
If you have better sources post them and I'll read them.
>>
Hey OP, what was the firm? Thought investors couldn't t just pull out overnight?
>>
>>1091946
>Europe's venture capital markets collapsed last week
What market? I thought it was illiquid, privately sold securities?
>>
>>1092870
Well collapsed as in frozen, as in no VC is buying other VC's equity. The startups that are capital dependent, they went under because they couldn't raise new capital. We lost half of our valuation essentially overnight due to down rounds then investors pulled out.

>>1092860
They can't, their money is locked in for a 8, 10 - 15 period depending on what fund they chose. However we had a shite clause in their that basically said if our value lost 50% in one year, we would sell our equity and give them the option to cash out and take their losses. That's what they did.
>>
>>1092515
Fuckkk, if I had taken 5 minutes to Google this.. damn.

>>1092593
Pando has some good data from the likes of Peter Thiel and Marc Andreessen. I wouldn't write it off too soon.

>>1092436
Nice

>>1092233
We don't have the network effect in Europe, you won't find an abundances of software engineers that artificially caps growth in a sense.

>>1092044
Europe's laws are retarded, so if started talking about their firm and they found out it was me - since I was pretty much their only intern with the exception of these two other women - I could be held liable. After they've dealt with everyone, I'll come back and talk about it freely and even the name.
>>
So glad all these meme start ups that don't even produce anything are finally starting to collapse

I'm sick of all of them full of nu males and managed completely by feminist women

I'm sick of them always having a fucking dog in the office and everyone saying he's an "employee"

Sick of the company valued at hundreds of millions and it hasn't made a profit in three years.
>>
>>1092051
Japan's taking most of the heat at the moment, they're pulling out faster than a fuckboy without a condom.

>>1091977
Yeah, I'm actually well off for the next 4 - 5 months or so.

>>1091960
Good idea
>>
>>1092999
ayylmao

Although in all seriousness there are startups that actually make cool products of real value. However in saying that if I saw one more "Snapchat for category XYZ" I would have probably thrown myself off the third floor.
>>
>>1091955
My brother works for a startup and tells me about all the fun times they have and all the cool shit they buy. Very rarely tells me about the shit they make. They throw parties for everything.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.