[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /biz/, I'm a poorfag and I have exactly $1,117.95

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1454060907664.png (35KB, 121x156px) Image search: [Google]
1454060907664.png
35KB, 121x156px
Alright /biz/, I'm a poorfag and I have exactly $1,117.95 in my account and want to expand it instead of having it slowly be dipped into for bills or random things. What's the best way I can start doing this?
>>
SFXE
>>
>>1091699
Assuming that's all you have saved; put it into a high interest online savings account. Continue to build it until you have 3-6 months of living expenses.

Start building a legit retirement portfolio after that.

Personally I'd put it all into Ethereum.
>>
>>1091709
>SFXE
In stock for it?
>>
>>1091745
>high interest online savings account

nice meme
>>
Buy ETH
>>
>>1091745
high interest online savings account.

The best I can find is 18%. Is that good?
>>
>>1092166
Too low, should be at least 30%
>>
>>1091699
Here's the truth OP.

With investing, you need to have money to make money. You have $1,000. If you invest it and make a 10% return in a year, at the end of the year, you'll have $1,100.

Now let's say Joe Millionaire invests his $1,000,000 and receives the same 10% return, he's now at $1,100,000.

Now, both of you received the SAME return on investment, but, one of you received $100 in profit while the other one received $100,000 in profit. Do you see where I'm going with this?? With investing, you need to have money to make money.

Your best opportunity would be to start a business or something with that money. Search Craigslist and buy items you can flip on eBay or Amazon for a profit. Buy an item for $100 and sell it for $200. Then use that money to buy an item for $200 and sell it for $400.

You actually have to do *work* if you want to build wealth. But, if it's worth having, then it's worth working for.
>>
buy low sell high
>>
>>1092177
Any good in particular that's a decent thing to start doing this with?
>>
File: 1448617875042.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448617875042.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
>>1092173
/thread closed
>>
>>1091699

Put the money into a place you can't access it easily, add more to it as you get paid.
>>
>>1091699
you arent going to do much with so little, I'd go all in on shares of a stock that you believe in the long term fundamentals of, like amazon or some such shit
>>
>>1092173
>>1092196
>Margin accounts don't exist
>Can't do anything with $1k
I didn't know /biz/ had a userbase of 50+. Don't you have a second-hand kit car Porsche to polish or something?
>>
>>1092177
You have it backwards
>>
OP, if it is bill money, then it is bill money, there is no changing that. Needs are defined and influence your view of resources.

The most valuable aspect here is that you are asking the question. That puts you light years ahead of most.

If I sent you on a journey to discover some get rich method, you would eventually wind up asking the same question about a bigger number. The people you might ask may or may not be better qualified, but I can assure that with a bigger number, they would be trying a lot harder to convince you they are. Enter the neck-tie.

My point is that your attitude is the product of a successful mindset, a perspective towards resource that is not being immediately allocated. Perhaps this is because having extra resource is so novel to some that they cant immediately compute that there is no need attached to it. Whether you know it or not, you instincts are already showing some higher level discipline.

My advice is to allocate it AS Savings. You can then subdivide it into what you might be saving this percentage or that percentage for. You percentages become like folders, envelopes or sub-accounts. Now its not '$1,000' but maybe 20 smaller accounts of $50 that all deserve attention and prioritization.

Wealthy youth have money to 'invest' young. By definition, someone already started on their behalf. The rest of us are typically stuck with time that we either convert to labor or prospect enhancing education.

And for some, that means sales and trade, because it is more aggressive than actual investment. Its both work and education, and sometimes, a bit of risk...
>>
File: ezgif.com-optimize (2).gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif.com-optimize (2).gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>1092243

So after you allocate your 20 fifties, or however you look at it, take the other hundred and simply allocate it as "Capital". Now the other '$1,000' is safe and not burning a hole in you hoped-for portfolio. Use the remaining 18 bucks for a lunch, coffee and desert while you start to read on what sort of trade or sales you would like, because the next goal is to replace that lunch money and a dollar more.

Some might advise Fx for the hundred, as a way to begin a practice account later (*after a demo) where you learn the trade in leveraged nano-lots. Not to make a lot of profit obviously, but to learn the trade which you scale up later. The barrier to entry is low, so its a place to start putting roots in your knowledge base.

Good luck OP. And congratulations on a nice little stack to care for.
>>
>>1092235
>I didn't know /biz/ had a userbase of 50+

Like most kids you are a moron who doesn't know anything
>>
>>1092235
>implying he's wrong
OP will make more money by adding value through labor than he ever will trying to get returns on a small amount of capital.
>>
>>1091699
Read early retirement extreme
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.