[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First real job experiences?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: jSHD2TJ.png (22KB, 304x288px) Image search: [Google]
jSHD2TJ.png
22KB, 304x288px
Internships included. How'd it go?

I have a summer software dev internship coming up and i'm nervous af. To make things worse, it's at a real well-to-do tech area. Imagining my first day:
>rainy day
>walk in and trip over untied showlace
>fall in wet carpet spots
>everyone stares
>i go to the receptionist and ask for directions and start spilling spaghetti all over the place
>ill-disguised mocking grins and looks from employees in lobby
>fast forward
>working on assignment with other interns
>everyone ostracizes me because i'm slow at learning this stuff when I thought I wouldn't be and because of my social skills
>go home
>shoot myself

Should I go see a therapist and get this sorted out before I start? Really scaring me m8s.
>>
Start working towards putting yourself in more social situations now. I doubt it would be anything like that, the other interns will be similar to your classmates.
>>
File: Shutyoass228rn.gif (516KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
Shutyoass228rn.gif
516KB, 240x180px
>>1091658
People that don't know you won't put forth the effort to understand you if you're a bit unusual. Basically just do what you're told, smile where appropriate, and try to get on people's good side. If you don't talk much, then you have less spaghetti on your hands. I'm a pretty talkative person but I think my coworkers at my old co-op probably aren't really aware of that, because it's safer to keep that for when I'm alone with my friends.

Also, have a sense of humor about mistakes. Being self-deprecating too often can make people uncomfortable, but if somebody jokes about something harmless that you messed up, just laugh and say something like "yeah not one of my finest moments" or whatever. Everybody can connect on minor embarrassments and it'll make you seem more human with minimal effort.
>>
>>1091658
try r9k
>>
>>1091658
> market research intern
>pretty chill job
>work 4 hrs a day, rest i cycle through cnn the economist and marketwatch articles
>everybody praises me for doing my work so quickly
>get OK experience and sick references

it was alright i guess
>>
>>1091771
> it'll make you seem more human
>>
>>1091658
I have an internship coming up as a strat/quant at goldman sachs and its literally my first job ever. I was neet for a few years and I've never done any real day to day work. I don't even understand what I'm going to be doing there or know how the fuck I actually landed the role. I feel like there will be too much to learn and I'll just make a fool of myself the entire time. fuck I should have started with something easy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.