[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stock Market Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Hello /biz/. My college class is doing a stock market project on MarketWatch. We have $200,000 and three months to increase our net worth as much as possible. What the hell do I do. How do I guarantee money in three months? Help me /biz/
>>
bank shares are plummeting, buy the dip
>>
Don't make any investments. You'll end up with more money than most of your classmates. If your professor challenges you, just quote WarGames.
>>
>>1091475
Not a bad plan honestly
>>
>>1091332
sensible stuff doesn't work in these competitions... you need to gamble it up with highly volatile picks and hope it pays off

luck rather than skill is what the winner will be reliant on
>>
File: lolz.jpg (31KB, 573x609px) Image search: [Google]
lolz.jpg
31KB, 573x609px
>>1091332
>college class is doing a stock market project on MarketWatch
>>
>>1091332
Daytrade 3x ETFs on oil with your whole account.
>>
>>1091505
Does market watch simulate those stupid fees that most of those ETFs have? If not, do it OP
>>
>>1091510
I don't think they do, no.
>>
>>1091475
>>1091481

Don't be faggots anon. Life doesn't have an "opt out" button.

If you're not investing and turning profit, you're losing money by default.
>>
>>1091332

god damn u are dumb
>>
>>1091512
It does have a "don't invest" button.

If the options are lose money or lose more money don't let pride get in the way of the smart move.
>>
>>1091512
"Don't invest in a market that's about to crash" is a good lesson to learn.
>>
>>1091332
Deutsche Bank all the way
>>
>>1091511

I heard of a game on the Stockfuse platform where a dude ran a python script flipping VOO and SPY in huge amounts for the price difference cause bid-ask spreads and order quantities were not modeled. He made bank and one the game.
>>
Invest in bonds of a stable government. Your return is going to be low, but your classmates are gonna basically lose all their money investing in stupid shit

Also, cattle futures OP. The cost of meat is constantly going up
>>
With the prices of lead zinc silver etc look for mining companies Canadian Alaska based something the Illnino will support. Lots of large companies have been able to work through this winter and will have a shit ton to export once the shipping season opens.
>>
File: 1455265106953.png (33KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1455265106953.png
33KB, 917x1186px
>>1091512
>>
>>1091332
Just buy a passive index fund, like a vanguard SP500 ETF. You'll be able to find a ton of literature to use as justification for passive investing which you can use to get a good grade. Passive investing in index funds is the wisest course of action so your professor will probably get a hard on for you. Plus you wont waste time researching stocks which you could spend on other assignments.

You won't come in first place but you will outperform most of your classmates.
>>
learn how to hedge and then expose all of your capital
>>
>>1091332
There will be a short rally between now and early to mid March. Use 2 or 3x leveraged ETFs to play the rise. Then go all in on inverse ETFs until the end of April. #winning
>>
>>1091343
They will not come back in 3 months
>>
Short the BitCoins
>>
>>1092750
For a short term game? In this volatile market? Read the thread mang that won't work
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.