[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wasted the last 10 years learning to make games because it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1437953374835.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1437953374835.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
>wasted the last 10 years learning to make games because it was my passion as a kid
>now that I've become old I no longer give a fuck about playing games and the worst of all, I started to care more about money

pls tell me some good stories of people making money (not millions) by developing games.

any tip?

I just need motivation.
>>
Read "think and grow rich"
>>
>>1091262
I don't want to be rich, just more than 10k a year will be enough in my taco shithole.
>>
>>1091259
Flappy bird
>>
You mean tiu spent 10 years PLAYING games?

Two very different things.

Notch is a billionaire btw
>>
>>1091259
man in 10 years you could have focused on how to do one specific thing (model textures, animating, coding, etc.) well enough to get an actual job at it at a game studio.
>>
>>1091259
Just make games and sell them to losers.
>>
File: image.gif (16KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
16KB, 250x194px
>>1091259

>same thing finally happened to me
>can start skilling up, studying, focusing
>mfw it happened 26 years too late
>>
>>1091259
try r9k
>>
File: 1436864975348.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1436864975348.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>mfw I wish i could take back all that time I used to learn programming and 3D modeling to learn something else.
>>
>>1091682
>Mfe I wish I could take back all the time I spent frogposting and in general shitposting
>>
File: Smug_Pepe.png (28KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_Pepe.png
28KB, 200x200px
>MFW when you were never one of those nerds who played vidya throughout high school and didn't study game design because you're not an idiot.
>>
>>1091259
motivation is fucking nothing

NOTHING

all that matters is your ability to grind

you cant grind since you're here posting this shit

any motivation lasts for a day to a week at the most and then its the grind again

get the fuck away from game design its a shit career and everybody but the top has awful jobs

not only that but its being taken over by political correctness and sjws in the workplace. enjoy carrying those fucking diversity hires.

take your skills, I pray to fucking god you can code, and get a real job
>>
>>1091259
> Feels bretty good man!

We need people like you, same as my autistic cousin who started games design course, while I dropped out of a shitty Physics grad course and doing my CFA.

In 10 years time, I will be his boss.
>>
>>1091264
Pretty much this.

Make a shitty ripoff of some indie game nobody heard of from the 80s or 90s, reuse the textures or make similar graphics, make it repetitive and addictive, stock it with ads and incentives to keep playing and put it out on mobile. Get it viral on Youtube and soon you'll be making $80,000 a day.
>>
>>1091682
why? those are both valuable skills. besides making games, modelling is good for 3d printing , and programming is good for all sorts of things
>>
>>1091259
Minecraft
>>
>Makes himself educated by 10 years on a few skills.
>Never puts them to use.
The only waste here is your motivation and attitude. Give my 10-year-old those skills and I guarantee you'll have yourself either a great game in a year or two, or the youngest code/3D monkey in the industry.
>>
As a cis hetero white male in first year programming classes in bayfag, cuckifornia, what specific area in computers should I go for and how fucked am I?

Boring mindnumbing repetition doesn't bother me, especially if I'm getting paid "well",
>>
>>1092651

The internet of things will crash spectacularly. Either be the one crashing it or the one they call for help at 200k per year.
>>
Dude, people make $10k a month on patreon for making shitty fetish rpgmaker games. Crank your dignity down a few levels, find a half decent artist, and start pandering
>>
if you know how to make games, you could make yourself rich...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.