[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ways our families held us back tbh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: wojak hiding his disappointment.jpg (99KB, 908x714px) Image search: [Google]
wojak hiding his disappointment.jpg
99KB, 908x714px
Post how your family held you back from success.

Mine:
>Never taught me ANYTHING about personal finance/investing/markets, etc
>Said meme shit like "You need to be a genius with a million dollars to invest!" when I told them what I learned about investing and tried to talk to them about it
>Constant nagging raised my cortistol and sequentially lowered my testosterone
>Gave me bad genetics(medium dick, king of manlets(5'11), bad eyesight, bad hair genetics, acne, made me Canadian)

How has your family held you back/harmed you, /pol/?
>>
>i posted it again
>>
>>1091219
>I hate creative discussion so ur not allowed to post it anymore
>>
>allowing yourself to be held back by others
Your fault.
>>
>>1091222
>I'm suppose to move out at 5 years old and live my own independent life

Aren't parents kind of suppose to raise their children? Or is that just a meme?
>>
I know the feelings, but at least you are not born to African parents, there's a still a hope.
>>
>>1091220

>Copy pasta for the tenth time is creative discussion

wew lad
>>
>>1091217
What, you mean your parents? They fucking raised you, you should be grateful you little shit.

Come back when you want to talk about your family, as in YOUR kids, holding you back.
>>
>>1091223
yes they are, but if you are in the position to see what they did wrong then you are able to take steps to correct it. So start with that, having an attitude of blaming others for your own problems will not get you where you want so actively take responsibility for you actions and decisions.

Or i dunno kill yourself.
>>
File: 1455053033227.gif (46KB, 408x410px) Image search: [Google]
1455053033227.gif
46KB, 408x410px
>>1091217
Stop posting this thread you homo
>>
>>1091301
thanks for bumping it retard
>>
>>1091217
It's your responsibility to balance your love for your family with your ability to separate yourself from them as an individual and grow on your own. You were born into certain circumstances. Deal with it.

I'm half preaching to myself because I hate my family too.
>>
>>1091217

>family thought bitcoin was illegal when I found out about it when it was worthless
>btc took off
>years later they get mad at me for not getting into bitcoin then I discovered it.
>I disregard pretty much everything they say now

Also

>feel bad for mother with 10k in debt
>pay off 8k of the debt, she said she would handle the rest
>10 months later shes 14k in debt
>she thinks my skepticism is the reason why she cant win the lottery
>>
>>1091217

What a defeatist attitude you have. You don't deserve success, you pitiful ingrate. I hope you get squashed by others who've had it much worse.
>>
>>1091725
Your dirty slut of a mum needs a kick in the cunt. Whore.
>>
>>1091217
>How has your family held you back/harmed you, /pol/?

I blame the jews.
>>
>>1091829
>>>/pol/

Fuck off idiot
>>
>>1091833
It's called sarcasm, you fucking autist. OP confused /biz/ with /pol/.
>>
>>1091217
Takes a real loser to blame their family past the age of 18. Your failures from now on are your own.
>>
>Back when I'm 18 years old
>"Dad I'm thinking about working a bit at [supermarket] to make some money before I go to college"
>"You want to work THERE? Is THIS what you graduated for? Go look at more universities"

oh gee thanks dad i sure did enjoy sitting at home for half a year playing video games we all learned a lot from this experience

>"You need to find a career that's fun to you"
I don't think that's a thing that exists and looking for it is a fool's errand and a road to disappointment

Also dad really hates the stock market because he lost 600 bucks when 08 happened
That's really not a lot of money

My parents did raise me and finance my education and upbringing though so I can't really be angry that they 'held me back' or anything
>>
This thread belongs to /r9k/
>>
>>1091217
This fucking thread again..
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.