[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /biz/ My wealthy family member gave me a large gift this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: 1454511366HylQG.jpg (110KB, 550x636px) Image search: [Google]
1454511366HylQG.jpg
110KB, 550x636px
Sup /biz/
My wealthy family member gave me a large gift this year and I got a decent bonus from work. Sitting on about $20k, pennies from heaven. I was thinking of keeping $5k for fun and games which leaves me with $15k.

Should I invest? Stocks? Mutual fund? I have a 401k so no need for that.... help me get rich pls
>>
>>1090667
all that SEC regulated shit is at the will of interest rates manipulated by the fed. therefore all shit.
>>
>>1090667

>wealthy family member
>gave a large gift
>decent bonus from work
=
>sitting on 20k

HAHAHAHA
>>
File: tfw sand.png (676KB, 1286x707px) Image search: [Google]
tfw sand.png
676KB, 1286x707px
>>1090670
what is funny

seriously guys just looking to y'all for some investment tips. I have a schwab account with 30 shares of google (15 goog/ 15 googL) and I was thinking about buying some more of those, or maybe some appl....
I also have about $15k in a mutual fund from American funds.... but I'm looking for a different way to invest aside from stocks and mutual funds
>>
>>1090667
dont keep 5k for fun and games its better to not even have a taste of blowing cash, save all of it
>>
>blows 5K thinking it's reasonable
>help me get rich

this is what prolonged exposure to video games does to your mind
>>
>>1090672
just treat yourself to a week of holidays and spend the rest on a nice dinner

for now, I'd recommend you to buy ethereum and sell it in a couple hours, easy 20-50% profit
bubble going to burst soon though be careful and set limits
>>
>>1090670
re you laughing because I'm poor?
I never tried to say that I'm a particularly wealthy man... I make (barely) six figures, have some blue chip stocks, a mutual fund account, a 401k and (now) 20k sitting in a savings account. How do I into rich? Should I sell all my stocks, my mutual fund and invest everything into one larger venture? Or is there another route that I can take for my newest acquisition?

>>1090673
What difference does $5k make? And what would you recommend investing it in?
>>
>>1090676
>ethereum
I'm not looking to make fast cash today, I'm looking for something more medium-to-long-term.
I make enough money basically to not spend any of this, and I'd like to take advantage of that
And wtf is ethereum
>>
>>1090677
at least invest the 5k in ethereum, sell in 5 hours and thank me later
>>
>>1090681
in that case don't buy anything right now, wait a bit
>>
>>1090677
its not about the amount its about having discipline, its like not eating out not because of the one time cost but because of the long term costs that eating out too often eventually accrue and the effect eating out has on making you eat out more

I cant offer you too much advice even though I literally work in finance, most of what I deal with is market making
>>
>>1090681
Ethereum is a medium term investment
>>
Don't listen to the eth shills OP they're literally shitting up half the board
>>
File: 1446170486841.png (65KB, 1178x788px) Image search: [Google]
1446170486841.png
65KB, 1178x788px
>>1090697
Thanks, I wasn't planning on investing in ethereum or whatever anyways.
But does anyone else have any advice for me? Looking to diversify myself further. Let me give you a snapshot of my financial self, compressed into one post. Also please take this opportunity to rate my financial decisions thusfar in life... I have relatively no experience in finance, so any help at all is great.

Current income: I get paid weekly, salary of $102k/ year. Have full health, oral, dental

Retirement: Company matches dollar for dollar everything I put away into 401k up to 4% of my salary. Started this relatively recently but I put away the max they will match so I have about $5k in my 401k at the moment.

Stock market: Own 15 shares of GOOG (@$682.96 = $10,244.40) and 15 shares of GOOGL (@$706.69 = $10,600.35) total of $20,844.75

Mutual Fund (I guess this is also stocks): Haven't checked it in a while but last I looked was last year when I did my taxes, had about $15,000 in there.

Recent Pennies from Heaven: $20,000 (but I'm gonna pull $5k, because if you don't spend SOME money then what's the point in having it?? So let's say $15,000

So, TOTAL: ~$56,000

What do? I have blue chip stocks, retirement fund, mutual fund... do I just let the recent $15k rot in a savings account???? Pls help
>>
File: 1452779092922.jpg (246KB, 1001x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1452779092922.jpg
246KB, 1001x1024px
>>1090761
>tfw no one cares who i am bc no mask
>>
File: every time.jpg (77KB, 350x429px) Image search: [Google]
every time.jpg
77KB, 350x429px
bumpity
>>
>>1090797
you dont need to bump that often this is a slow board
>>
>>1090800
good to know, thank you

one more banepost
>>
>>1090672
yes buy tech stocks
retard
>>
>>1090859
Would you recommend more google?? Or some apple maybe? I bought some yahoo when it was like $30 and sold it over $100 several years later, felt bretty gud about that....
either way, what tech should I dump $$ into? And how much?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.