[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I was planing on buying a recycling machine (makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Tinganes.jpg (395KB, 1247x847px) Image search: [Google]
Tinganes.jpg
395KB, 1247x847px
Hey /biz/
I was planing on buying a recycling machine (makes plastic pellets) and start a business, I live in a small country (50k people) and there is no one that is in this business, so I would be the only one.
Can someone give me any tips and is this kind of business worth it?

If anyone can relate or has a similar idea, go ahead and share with us
>>
do faroyers even need plastic pellets?
>>
>>1090557
No i don't think so, and if so, then its a small amount, I was thinking about shipping it out of the country.
I was thinking about if 50k people are enough to produce garbage to make a recycling business successful
>>
Bad idea man, actual recycling centers are currently having a hard time on their own with plastics, since the price of oil has dropped so much it can be difficult at times to sell pellets.
>>
>>1090555
you want glass or metal recycling, plastic recycling loses money at a high rate unless subsidized and you dont have the political clout or the country size to get that

chances are there are already people recycling those goods though, since they can actually be made profitable
>>
>>1090579
Can you contact a Danish government minister seeking advice or support? Recycling firms tend to be state subsidised
>>
>>1090569
okey, but ofc, this is only a thought, if I would start this business, it wouldn't be in a couple of years. so the oil prices may have gone up by then.
I'm in school atm
>>1090579
All metal in the Faroe Island is shipped to Denmark, So that could be an idea.
and glass, idk.
>>
>>1090583
>>1090585
getting your dick wet with government cash is one of the best possible ways of making a fortune, since governments waste money so thoughtlessly

the problem is you simply will not be able to make it happen. you need political connections to make backdoor deals to get you signed. being some nobody isnt going to make it happen.
>>
>>1090588
allright, geting some political connections would not be that hard, cause our country is so small, and every one knows somebody, so that could be a start.
But my biggest concern is that failing at start up. and if i start to small, and people see this can be a profit, and they would join in and that would be bad
>>
>>1090591
your biggest concern should be getting any kind of support at all and being able to raise the initial capital for the machinery which is an enormous upfront cost, not to mention the nightmare of labor and contracts which I assume you have no knowledge of or are equipped for in any way
>>
>>1090593
yeah, it would be a challenge. im 24 years and I don't have any money and in school (machinist).
I would struggle with getting money, and I don't know anything about contracts or any paper work

Any way, i do have alot of ideas about different businesses, but i don't know which to pick.
for example: stands for Electric cars, Worm farming, maybe buying electricity at night and storing it in a battery, and selling it in the day (that is if prices change, now its the same price day and night for the KW/h)
or starting a business where I wash oil tanks on board ships (this I have worked with before)
>>
>>1090616
the only idea that sounds good is washing oil tanks, thats the kind of shit that nobody wants to do and will get you somewhere
>>
>>1090625
haha, maybe that would be the key to get started on something better later on
>>
>>1090616
The tank washing is a good way to get money, but it probably won't pay well.

Maybe start selling the faroese traditional knitting on ebay?
Otherwise, the main industries are going to be farming and fishing, and trades supporting that.

If you really want money, I'd suggest washing boats until you can afford a ticket off that freezing rock.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.