[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you people care about the average person? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

Why don't you people care about the average person? Why do you want to increase your own wealth while impoverishing everyone else?
>>
>>1088803
> the economy is a zero-sum game

Are you really retarded?
>>
What exactly do we do that impoverishes everyone else?

If anything, we do things on here that impoverish ech other.
>>
>>1088811
Then why do CEOs make 100 times more than the average worker? Does that seem fair? It's not too far from zero-sum.

>>1088815
How so?
>>
>>1088803

Judging by my economic standards, I'm actually less than the average person.

Why doesn't the average person care about me and want to spend their money on luxuries when I am scratching to establish emergency savings and a retirement plan?
>>
>>1088821
> muh rich CEO
That's because big business is the only business supported by the system. The system should encourage small entrepreneurship.
>>
>>1088821
>Does that seem fair?
Absolutely not. Good thing our economy is set up to be prosperous, not fair.

The truth is, your metric of value for work is different than mine. The market, an aggregate of everybody's decisions regarding money, has determined that the CEO of a Fortune 500 performs a more valuable service than me and you. I'm not able to change that; I'm also not too broken up about it.
>>
>>1088803
The only people I'm impoverishing are the ones taking the other side of my trades.
And they knew what they were getting in to.
>>
>>1088803

It benefits me.
>>
>>1088821
>fair

You people don't seem to understand that you are the greedy ones. They create wealth, they don't go and steal it from people. And you just want a share of it without doing anything.
What the hell do you care if someone has more than you?
>>
>>1088811
Ben has 100 dollars. You have 100 dollars. Ben takes 25 of your dollars. Ben now has 125 dollars. You now have 75 dollars. To rub it in your face, Ben prints himself an extra 100 dollars. Ben now has 225 dollars, while you still have 75 dollars. He then taxes you to pay for the printing of the extra hundred dollars for 25 dollars. Ben now has 250 dollars while you only have 50.
>>
>>1088803
Spoiler [spoiler]Nobody here is actually rich. It's all roleplaying. Actual rich people don't discuss finances or give free advice on 4chan, and nobody will ever get rich from listening to 4chan[/spoiler]
>>
>>1088803
I don't get how increasing my wealth makes anyone else poor?
>>
>>1089250

>Ben takes 25 of your dollars
Ben is a thief and is now in jail.
What point are you trying to make here?

Ben has 100 dollars. You have 100 dollars. Ben gets a loan at the bank and starts up a company. Ben took a risk and now has money and contributed something to the economy. You stay average because you decide to be a workslave.

Here fixed.
>>
>>1089264
Ben... Bernanke... "The Mad Money Printer"
>>
>>1088803
Hi Ms Pot, met Ms Kettle?
>>
>>1089254
>Nobody here is actually rich
I have trouble seeing how you could possibly know this.
Some rich people like to give back, even if a lot of their help falls on deaf ears.
>>
>>1088803
>Why do you want to increase your own wealth while impoverishing everyone else?
Except unless you're in Somalia thats not how it works. In order for someone to give you money, you have to provide a service or product they're willing to pay for, supposedly to enrich their lives.
>>
>>1089273
Ben Bernanke still does not take money out of your pocket. QE more likely put something in someone's pocket. (The fed does not tax anyone either)
>>
>>1089277
It's hyperbole, sure, but if you took things at face value /biz/ would be the preferred hangout of the the whole of the world's financial elite. And the few people who can give valuable advice waste their time in trying to give it to people dumb enough to ask 4chan for financial advice in the first place.
>>
>>1089284
Well put.
I'd like to believe giving advice here isn't a complete waste of time, but man is it difficult.
>>
>>1088803
I'm an average person and nobody gives a shit about me. Learn to take care of yourself faggot.

I probabaly grew up more poor than most on here and I can ensure you that the poor are their own worst enemy. The rich aren't forcing them to have kids, spend money, go in debt and starve. Poor people do that shit for enjoyment kek. I have family members who sit in their shit hole trailer parks and say the exact shit you're saying but they do nothing to improve their situations besides bitching and whining.

They are lazy, entitled and do nothing to help themselves besides demand other peoples money. I despise poor people and their stupid ass spending habits.
>>
Because why does no one care about me?

I'm a NEET and I don't see anyone trying to help me and give me things.
>>
>>1089283
i guess you don't understand the meme of printing money...
>>
>>1088803
the average person is an asshole - have you seen that guy at parties?
>>
>>1089303
I am trying to figure out a way to harness the raw energy and power of the industrial NEET complex. I am thinking about getting some poos to program a repulsion app for parents of NEETS, it automates harassment of the NEET in their natural habitat eventually deNEETing with minimal overhead.
>>
>>1089326
Just find a way to create energy from masturbation and typing - some kind of wrist/finger attached dynamo to generate current into the electric grid
>>
>>1089302
>I have family members who sit in their shit hole trailer parks and say the exact shit you're saying but they do nothing to improve their situations besides bitching and whining.
Preach, brotherman! Preach!

The lower class, from all backgrounds and ethnicities, are all crabs-in-a-bucket. When one crab does anything to improve his station in life, when he is trying to crawl out of the bucket, his peers will drag him down. I've seen this happen with my own eyes. It is heartbreaking.
>>
>>1088811
It's worse. Corporations consider poverty and low credit score and asset and exploit the fuck out of people who have it.
>>
>>1089332
It's not always true. 100 years ago America's poor included a fuckton of working class Irish and Chinese immigrants. They worked their asses off and rose out of it to join the middle class.

Now the stereotypes of Chinese are as restaurant or laundry (but this one's dying) owners, aka small business owners, or as doctors. While the stereotypes of Irish are basically nonexistent since their descendants are just lumped into white now.
>>
>>1088803

Because they don't give a shit about me. The world might as well fucking burn. But at least if I get some cash, I'll indulge in my music making and drinking.
>>
>>1089338
>Corporations consider poverty and low credit score and asset
They're not the only ones.
It means there's a much better chance of you behaving recklessly, which equals more profit.
It's like following people's stock recommendations on this board: What Not To Buy 101
>>
>Bait thread
>21 serious responses
>>
>>1088803
>Why do you want to increase your own wealth while impoverishing everyone else?

Because then I can buy more shit. Now fuck off.
>>
>>1088811
>implying it isn't barely not a zero sum game
Most people won't making anything from captial gains. Best is they can do is a mutual fund. Of course the economy grows exponentially for the most part so the wealth of a rich guy and a poor guy who both invest equally smart doesn't even have the decency to remain proportional.

In between businesses it's also an almost zero sum game. Businesses do nothing but try to grab a larger share of their market. Half of securities like futures and options are zero sum games. The stock market of any cunt is a zero sum game except the reward grows steadily.
>>
>>1088811
It's a game where the reward grows several percent every year and this is split anong the population. Doesn't exactly contradict OP.
>>
>>1089283
If he held his assests in currency Ben did take his money by devaluing it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.