[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob to /biz/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: FOTE13F.jpg (169KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FOTE13F.jpg
169KB, 1280x1024px
I'm looking for legit financial advice. I'm 21, NEET for a week since I relocated, and have about $60k in available cash. I want to use the next few days to get into some low-risk investing. Any ideas?

If you're going to suggest ETH, at least hold my hand and step me through the buying process.
>>
>Asking /neet/ for advice unironically

Lol why senpai
>>
>>1088382
I'm new to /biz/, bro. I assume somebody here knows what they're doing.
>>
>>1088378
hold on to the money for atleast another 6 moths. the world market might shit itself really bad in the coming months. if you wait about 6-12 months and then invest, you can probably get everything you wanted to invest in at a bargain. start reading everyday from now, invest later.
>>
>>1088386
No one on 4chan knows anything man
>>
>>1088389
I know plenty of things, but I know nothing about 4chan.
>>
>>1088388
This has been my current plan so far, but I hate feeling stagnant. Any opinions on Acorns or whatever it's called?
>>
>>1088378
Now is not the time, historically, the worlds markets are set to go in to bear mode, if they haven't already (which they have in my opinion)

Don't do investing, especially since you are a NEET, the best thing to do atm is to invest in yourself. What I recommend that you do is that you go to trade school and learn a trade. When layoffs start coming in, essential services like plumbing, electricity etc wil remain in demand from the common man so you can still get jobs.

Investing in yourself is the best investment you can make.

Don't go buying/investing stuff right now, for personal and for economic reasons.

Any questions?
>>
>>1088394
When I say NEET, I should clarify that I haven't started a day of work yet. I just relocated to the other coast and am currently in the hiring process for a auto mechanic position. I start college this summer, but in the meantime I just go fishing and sit on 4chan at 5am.
Where do I begin with stocks?
>>
>>1088397
When*
>>
>>1088397
You don't!

For gods sake, I am trying to save you 60k

I understand you have the urge to be wise and see if u can turn a profit, but, now is NOT THE TIME!

The financial world is shitting itself. There is no point in even putting it in an ETF atm because that will go down as well.

Find a practice account on the internet and try your luck. When you start turning a profit is when you should start investing. THat makes sense right? You don't risk your own cash until you know your method works?

What I would do, is use 30k to knock off any student loans or real estate loans you have and leave the other 30k for a rainy day (you should have about 6 months worths of cash saved up just in case)
>>
>>1088406
I'll go with a simulator then.
I don't have any debt or loans, but I thought about financing an investment property for around 150k once I start work. I've maxed out my Roth IRAs for the past 2 years, and all my tangible assets (car, tools, valuables) are left with my younger brother back home.
>>
Ignore these faggots and buy ETH
>>
>>1088416
What the fuck did I say about ETH?
>>
>>1088416
Don't do this OP

Think about it from their view

Either
a) They don't know what they are talking about and you will go down with them
or
b) They do know what they are talking about and trying to fuck you over so you buy shares so it pumps and then they dump you

>>1088415
Real estate would be better, safer, and low risky-er wait 1 year and then you will see some massive discounts though

CDO's/Credit default swaps are still a thing, just renamed so Investment banks can make money

Chill out, wait a year. I know it seems boring but this is the wisest decision; while everyone else you know goes down.
>>
>>1088419
you didn't say anything anon
>>
>>1088419
You want to be walked through the process.

Ok
Get bitcoin wallet at blockchain.info
Buy bitcoin. (From localbitcoins this is the fastest way)

Get ether paper wallet at myetherwallet.com

Go to shapeshift.io exchange your bitcoin to ETH.
>>
>>1088421
Check the OP breh. What is ETH going for anyways?
>>
>>1088425
I can tell by the way you are typing you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you are doing.

Don't buy anything, no matter how good the pitch is
>>
>>1088425
When you fuck up, OP, I want you to reflect on this moment. I want you to feel like you were played for a fool, because you were. I want you to remind yourself every morning that you didn't take the warning and you are 50k down.
>>
>>1088425
Current price $4.50
>>
>>1088428
>From the guy who has no idea what to invest in.
>>
>>1088425
$4.50US a coin.

You should've bought back in October. Could've had yourself a cool half million by now.

>>1088423
Do what that guy said. ^
>>
>>1088420
Everybody else I know is an overeducated fuck with no job and an ugly gf, or an uneducated criminal with a hot gf. So me with a few rental properties won't be terrible. As for investing, I only play with my "reckless money", stuff I plan to lose anyway.
>>
>>1088428
I wouldnt sink more than $100 into any crypto. I agree that it's a joke of an investment, even though it will rise temporarily.
>>
Invest in a solid cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is a good choice.

Why?

When traditional currencies start to shit themselves and banks start operating with negative interest rates, people are going to move their money to the only remaining safe place: cryptocurrencies
>>
Current price $4.60
>>
>>1088439
Did you buy ETH? Should buy ETH. Bitcoin will be reimplemented in Ethereum as 4 lines of code.
>>
>>1088439
When traditional currencies shit themselves, I have my harem and my guns to keep me financially secure. Until then, real world investing is the only way.
>>
>>1088378
>low risk
open vanguard account
buy total bond market monthly
>>
ETHEREUM

BUY ETHEREUM YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>1088849
I have Vanguard already. And my last job matched 401k. Might open Fidelity for personal trading
>>
>>1088852
Oh look, a poorfag is trying to desperately claw himself out of his mom's basement using a new cryptocurrency.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.