[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder 'social media' anything is NOT a real job.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (978KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
978KB, 750x1334px
Daily reminder 'social media' anything is NOT a real job.
>>
>>1087099
and this is news to us how?
>>
>>1087099

What's that got to do with this board? This isn't your personal blog faggot. You're most likely salty as fuck because she turned you down.
>>
>>1087108
>muh sour grapes

I don't know this girl at all. I'm just pointing out the fact that social media _____ isn't a real job.
>>
Is this post social media?

Is it a job?
>>
>>1087125
Yes! You're hired!
>>
>>1087124

Ok? We knew that. You're autistic as fuck.
>>
>>1087139

How is it not a job?

If you collect a paycheck, it's a job.

SEO is a very high paying job. So is generating facebook likes and that kind of shit.

I know people working in SEO that used to make 6 digits a year, now they make 7. I hire them sometimes.
>>
>>1087139
>>>/leddit/

>>1087142
SEO is search engine, not necessarily social media.
>>
>>1087149

Most people working in SEO also work with social media and vice versa.
>>
what if youre working the instagram for a finance based news site like reuters or bloomberg?
>>
>>1087099
they're making money doing it.
it's not a good *career choice*, but it's usually an okay job
>>
Social Media is digital media in the communication world. You're just a fucking NEET who doesn't have a job nor held a job in your life. There is more jobs out there than le epin STEM memes.
>>
>>1087308
>it's not a good *career choice*, but it's usually an okay job
This.

I had a temp job for Campbell's right after graduation. My job title was "Social Media Engineer". I'm not fucking joking. They called me an engineer, and I didn't even study engineering! This was my role: to increase brand awareness through various social media channels. That was it.

These guys paid me $22/hour, for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 9 months straight for doing what exactly? For writing dumb, vapid posts using Campbell's corporate social media accounts. I'm not kidding.

I sat on my ass, in a comfy chair, drinking coffee, while writing silly things on the internet under the name of Campbell's Soup Company. #campbellsoup #souplife #happinessinacan

Here's the funny thing, though. . . I don't even like canned soups. I don't even own a single social media account. I still got the job, though.

I quit because the job was getting too fucking boring, and I felt my brains oozing out of my ears from all of that time posting. It was an okay job, but not a career move. I was more than happy to have the Campbell's name on my CV, but I changed my job title to "Marketing Associate".
>>
>>1087099
>>>/v/
>>
>>1087356
i feel bad for the people who have to maintain corporate social media accounts

should I make insightful posts so I can spare them a break
>>
>>1087099
What do you mean it isn't a real job? What si your criteria for a real job?
>>
>>1087099
>getting paid a salary
>not a job

Bullshit job /= no job

Learn the difference
>>
>>1087356
>My job title was "Social Media Engineer". I'm not fucking joking. They called me an engineer, and I didn't even study engineering!

This misappropriation of the engineer title triggers me. Same with "software engineers," used to be that engineers were people who studied for and passed exams, like lawyers
>>
>work you get paid for isn't a job
>>
>>1087356
> I don't even own a single social media account. I still got the job, though.

I find this highly suspect, unless you really did got in at the very beginning of their awareness of social media.
>>
>>1087809
I did freelance copywriting for local businesses while I was still in school. During my interviews, I stressed on how I could transfer my experiences into using social media. I provided a portfolio of my work. It was not a hard sell.

Besides, every kind of social media outlet has user friendly (a.k.a. easy to use) interface. There's not much of a learning curve.

When they brought up my lack of social media presence, I responded that I am fluent in Python and R (very basic stuff) programming languages, and that this reflects a willingness to learn, master, and apply new technology. This wasn't only answering their question, but also the question behind the question:
>"Is this guy tech savvy?"

A lack of social media doesn't necessarily reflect a lack of tech-savvy.
>>
Hahahaha, Ryerson University. "Would you like fries with that?"
>>
>>1087778
>Work you get paid for isn't a job -/biz/ 2016
FTFY
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.