[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The hero of /biz/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 06-SHKRELI-master675.jpg (30KB, 675x475px) Image search: [Google]
06-SHKRELI-master675.jpg
30KB, 675x475px
The hero of /biz/
>>
>>1086853
Big time crook is the hero of small time crooks. Sounds about right.
>>
>>1086860
Having fun drinking the liberal kool-aid anon?
>>
>>1086853
Isn't he going to jail?
>>
>>1086853
What did he do that was heroic?
>>
>>1086881
he buried a wutang album. at least there's one less album of jungle music out there.
>>
>>1086881
Nothing he's just /biz/ rolled up into a person
>>
>>1086853
Nah. He arranged a short squeeze on kbio and it went from 90 cents to 40 bucks a share but then he didnt sell

Hes a dumbass
>>
>>1086923
>biz rolled into a person

We'd be more accurately represented by a welfare recipient or hobo
>>
>>1086881
Exploited a flaw in the current health insurance system that allowed him to extract huge amounts of value from big insurance companies without affecting patients.

Stood his ground when confronted about it and was unashamedly capitalist where most people would've caved to the public pressure and pretended to be remorseful.
>>
>>1086936
Let me rephrase that - he's the person /biz/ dreams to be
>>
>>1086853
>got caught swindling investors
>ran his mouth so much he got character assassinated like a sucker
>is probably bankrupt by now

Ew, no
>>
>>1086853
>Pepe in human form
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 800x450px
>implying

On an unrelated note which one would win in a no holds barred MMA cagematch?
>>
>>1086853
>the fall guy
>hero of biz
Pick one.

He's a lucky motherfucker and entertaining to watch but he's not our hero
>>
i despise faggots who get rich and force themselves onto normies on socialfagia, if vice asks you for an interview, know that there's 1out of2 that despise you.
>>
>>1087819

I can imagine shrekeli squealing and biting like a little nerd. Ether queefer can use headbutt for super effectiveness.
>>
I like him. That F U smirk at 1:18 is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPIQ_gyiHag
>>
>>1086962
and, he gives out free drugs to those that write to heap explaining that they can't afford health insurance
>>
>>1087819
>trusting your money with this assclown
>>
>>1086860
How is /biz/ crooks? If anything biz has the most noble user base on this shit site.
>>
>>1086881
Satisfied his fiduciary duty to provide the greatest possible income to the shareholders.
>>
On the advice of council, I invoke my fifth amendment privilege against self incrimination, and respectfully decline to answer your question
>>
i dont think its 'great' or 'badass' that some matzo wigger jacked up the price of some exotic HIV medicine that's used by 2000 people in america...
>>
>>1088286
If you look into who is actually affected by the price hike, it's big insurance companies and hospitals that pay the exorbitant rates - actual patients can get the drug for free if they are unable to get it otherwise (if they don't have insurance for example). His company puts that money back into R&D for new drugs.

He's literally doing what every other pharmaceutical company (Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson for example) on the planet does. Before this, you couldn't put a face to what they were doing, Shkreli however became that face. Furthermore, most people haven't even read any deeper than the mainstream media reports and political outcry to actually get the real story, so most people don't even know why they hate him.

If anything this situation has the potential to change the pharmaceutical pricing system for the better.
>>
>>1088296
>it's big insurance companies and hospitals that pay the exorbitant rates
...who then spread that exorbitant cost out over insurance premiums... ultimately fucking over the little guy.
>>
>>1088297
>who then spread that exorbitant cost out over insurance premiums
Except his drug is a drop of piss in a very large ocean that is just a river of piss in a much larger ocean.

Doctors and hospitals take the largest chunk of insurance and are far likelier to affect premiums than drugs, especially a drug that only a very small percentage of people need. Premiums will not be affected. I suggest you do your own research and see for yourself.
>>
>>1088297
which would have been done over a number of years by the larger companies anyway

i've seen interviews with him, and he's just some faggot troll, so i have my doubts about any altruism in his actions, but you can't buy into the media shitflinging which amounts to "how dare you disadvantage AIDS patients!" he's smart, but he's out for himself. though he did point out in that vice interview that he blames the pharmaceuticals for doing the same thing and getting away with it, and how that annoys him. so i don't know, maybe there's a good guy under all the fuckwittery.

he's shown us the frog-in-hot-water analogy. we don't give two shits if we get gouged by the pharmaceuticals in the long term, but if one upstart cranks it up to 11, all hell breaks loose.

hopefully his actions will see some reform, but i suspect he'll just be dragged through the courts and made an example out of, while the pharmaceuticals slink around in the background.
>>
>>1088299
>his drug is a drop of piss in a very large ocean
does it matter? he's still abusing the fucktarded healthcare system. what if every company pulled this shit as hard as he is? it's about the ethics.

>do your own research
on what, supply and demand?

>>1088300
obv. he's a scapegoat for big pharma corps, but he's still making life harder in the immediate future for people with fucking hiv. fucks sake, where do you draw the line.
>>
>>1088303
>he's still abusing the fucktarded healthcare system
Exactly, now that it's exposed there is the potential for healthcare reform. But of course because nobody cares to read beyond CNN or Fox News, nothing will happen.

>what if every company pulled this shit as hard as he is?
Guess what: they do. They just don't start live streaming themselves afterward.

>on what, supply and demand?
Insurance premiums: the cost of healthcare and their effect on them.
>>
>>1088286
its always great when someone exposes the absurdity of a system in such a way that the average person cant even wrap their head around its stupidity

>>1088297
which is completely legal. thats why he's sitting there smirking in front of the joke that is congress.

its like asking a guy whos robbing your house the best way to lock your house so he wont rob it again. only in bizzaro-world big pharma, robbing your house isn't even illegal to begin with.
>>
>>1088303
>but he's still making life harder in the immediate future for people with fucking hiv.

kek, what a joke.

firstly, it's antiparasitic for treatment of toxoplasmosis, not a direct hiv treatment option, so the media reporting is intended to make you feel sorry for poor, oppressed buttpirates.

secondly, as has already been stated in this thread, it will have zero fucking impact on hiv patient insurance prices, or their treatment plans.

and didn't he, at one point, tell people they could write to him and receive the drug for free if they can't afford it?

the intention was never, ever about fucking the patient, it was exploiting the system and drawing attention to it. i'm pretty sure most of the funding is going back into the company's R&D, no it's not as if he's lining his pockets here.
>>
>>1088307
>now that it's exposed there is the potential for healthcare reform
yes but he did it in the most dickish way possible and is fucking with the meds of patients... plenty of other ways to go about this that won't land him in prison sucking dick or hated by everyone on the planet.

face it, the guy is a tool, histrionic disorder, it's all about him, and now he's going to get fucked in the ass by corps or gov because of this stunt.

>>1088313
>antiparasitic for treatment of toxoplasmosis
...used primarily in treatment of hiv complications.

>zero fucking impact on hiv patient insurance prices
do you think the inflated cost of these meds to insurance, hospitals, healthcare etc. disappear up someones ass now or something?

>didn't he, at one point, tell people they could write to him and receive the drug for free if they can't afford it?
do you even realize how much of a fucking chore this could be for someone with HIV? one minute you are getting your meds for a price you can afford, the next they are $750 and you have to tweet some wigger down in jew york to get him to give you something your life depends on if he can be bothered to stop listening to wu tang

>i'm pretty sure most of the funding is going back into the company's R&D
jesus christ... its like hes fucking crowd funding his own philanthropy... and everybody here thinks he's le epic meme badass supervillain
>>
>>1088317
>fucking with the meds of patients
Please find me a single patient who hasn't been able to get their daraprim. I'll wait.

>land him in prison
On what charges? No crime has been committed. Have you actually followed this case at all? Are you familiar with securities fraud cases in general?

Yes, he's a tool. Yes, it is a moral issue. However this happens every single day across the world. If it wasn't for the controversy being reported in the mainstream news, would you even know about this happening at all?
>>
>>1088317
>...used primarily in treatment of hiv complications.
missed the point entirely.

>do you think the inflated cost of these meds to insurance, hospitals, healthcare etc. disappear up someones ass now or something?
yes. this has already been fucking explained.

>do you even realize how much of a fucking chore...
boo hoo, grasping at straws.

>jesus christ... its like hes fucking crowd funding his own philanthropy... and everybody here thinks he's le epic meme badass supervillain
why are you on this board? do you know anything about business?

i'm not here to convince you he's a misunderstood hero, i already said the guy's a prick. but he's not the scumbag fatcat corporate untouchable you seem to think he is.

don't hate the player, hate the game. what he did would be a net profit in terms of justice in the healthcare industry by drawing attention to the oft-exploited bullshit in healthcare and insurance law, if it weren't for the fact the deck is already stacked by the pharmaceuticals who essentially write the fucking law anyway.

>yes but he did it in the most dickish way possible and is fucking with the meds of patients
oh, now i get it. back to plebbit with you.

>muh feelins
>>
>>1086962
To himself. It's more like innocent money making
>>
>>1086962
Plus he'll spur the market into making new drugs - hopefully some that don't destroy your blood cells.
>>
>>1087886
How are Etherium shills "noble"?
>>
>>1088322
>don't hate the player, hate the game
>when the player is a fraudster trying to make use of revenue streams from price gouging to pay off former investors in his fund that went belly-up because of his own incompetence
>>
File: 1405055061490.jpg (214KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1405055061490.jpg
214KB, 900x1200px
>>1086853
He's not a hero. The price increase thing wasn't really that bad, him running one of his companies like a ponzi to bail out his second company makes him a crook.
>>
>>1088723
We make neets into millionaires. You could join them if you had half a brain.
>>
>>1088878
K.
>>
Wonder if he's holding ETH
>>
>>1086853
he says that hes doing it for the greater good. if someone wants the medicine he said so himself he fill wight tooth and nail to get you that medicine for free. sounds like he wants all medicine to be free. how hes going to supply thousands of people with a drug for free confuses me.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.