[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why havent you invested in glorious computer money "EFEREUM".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 34

File: image.png (954KB, 1346x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
954KB, 1346x639px
Why havent you invested in glorious computer money "EFEREUM". Yet?

Do you hate money? Do you want to die a poor penniless nocoiner?
>>
>Do you hate money? Do you want to die a poor penniless nocoiner?

Yes. The Dharma demands it
>>
>>1086849
>EFEREUM

you son of a bitch
>>
>>1086852
There's a million permutations. You might as well buy some ethereum
>>
>>1086854
seriously isn't this a pump and dump?
>>
>>1086855
No it's not. It's going to be much bigger than bitcoin ever was.

The market cap is only just over $300million and by the end of the year it will be over a billion if not a lot more.

Notice how i said "a lot" instead of "alot" I spell correctly because I am not a retard and you should listen to what I'm telling you.
>>
>>1086861
can you really convince me?

why is the price spiking?
>>
>>1086864
Due to speculation.

Not without good reason though. The usecases of ethereum are many, and it is far easier to develop on than bitcoin.

Also, there are signs that banks will be using ethereum software, via consensys, an ethereum startup, to create their own permissioned interbank ledger sytem which would mean frictionless transfer of assets from bank ledger to public ethereum blockchain and vice versa.

All it takes is for a single one of the many distributed applications being developed on ethereum to become popular to take ether market cap to the tens of billions
>>
>>1086877
Would you buy eth? And how much would you buy if you had 5k
>>
>>1086890
If I had 5k to my name I would buy 1 or 2 grands worth.

If I had 5K to speculate with, I'd put it all in to the one thing I know will pay off hugely and that is Ethereum.

I did not buy Ethereum on hype. I bought it when it was totally unknown because I liked the ideas and I had a feeling the development team knew their shit.
>>
>>1086896
And thanks to that gut feeling my initial investment is now worth 18X its value and I know in my heart of hearts that it's only a matter of time before it's 180X or 1800X
>>
I think the idea of it reaching 100 bucks is insane, 15 bucks no sweat. But triple digits is out of the question.
>>
>>1086905
If it reaches the same market cap as bitcoin which it could easily do within a year or two, the value of each ETH would be close to $100.

And Ethereum has a strong likelyhood of becoming much much bigger than bitcoin due to it's much wider range of functions and ease of application
>>
Personally i have no intention of selling any ether for at least 18 months. In 18 months I will be able to judge if the project is likely to succeed or fail. Right now it's only just getting started.

Selling now would be like playing deal or no deal and accepting the bankers offer when the first box is opened.
>>
>>1086908
>ease of application

Still waiting on an online wallet.

Nevertheless, it's strong support and financial backing into it's ecosystem is the only thing that's got my attention. Also, as another anon mentioned in another thread: great ideas aren't inherently successful.
>>
>>1086911

How much money have you put into ether thus far?
>>
>>1086911
Agreed. Best of luck to us both, albeit I'm rather pessimistic.
>>
>>1086921
Not much. I invested a couple of bitcoins in the presale stage and I paid for a year mining contract when the price was $0.8

By the way, if anyone wants a way to lock in cheap ether supply for an entire year at todays prices no matter the price in the future you can buy a mining contract from 'genesis mining'

I feel honour bound to promote that company since they are now mining ether for me at a massive loss

And it's probably the cheapest way for a non technical person to obtain ether
>>
>>https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Problems

that's why it will fail and it's a PND
>>
>>1086918
There are already many many clever developers applying ethereum to real world applications in interesting and potentially highly profitable ways.

These dapps could outcompete the entire glut of sharing economy apps and steal their market share of 10's of billions.

Decentralised airbnb, decentralised uber. Etc. It would outcompete them by being much More profitable for the provider and cheaper for the user.
>>
>>1086925
I've never heard about this, interesting. Thanks anon!
>>
>>1086928
Thats a paper about the problems with bitcoin and existing cryptoeconomic systems

It shows that the ethereum developers are solving these problems step by step.

Ethereum is still in development but they have solved wuite a number of these issues and will continue on that front.

Ethereum is serious computer science not some copy and paste shitcoin my friend.
>>
>>1086925
As far as I can see, Genesis doesn't offer ETH mining anymore. Sold Out, it says
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 217x232px
>>1086928
>it's a list of all the problems ethereum intends to fix and have been fixing or have completely fixed and eliminated
Was proving why ethereum is going to the moon part of your plan?
>>
>>1086925
It's sold out :/
>>
>>1086944
Oh dear. In that case you can go for X11 mining and convert to bitcoin and then buy ether.

They probably making more money mining ether themselves right now, either that or they have run out of ether mining capacity.
>>
>>1086941
So you've sold me...how do I buy ethereum?
i'm a person who's never purchased bitcoins before.
>>
>>1086959
>>1086765
>>
>>1086959
Do you live in the UK? I can help you if you do
>>
>>1086953
Nah. Humbug.
>>
fuck i was about to buy a 1 year contract to mine ethereum and genesis is sold out....this no coiner life hurts.

I remember when i walked away from buying bitcoin @ 30 a coin man was i choked when it hit a $1000.
>>
How would I go around short selling ethereum before it inevitably crashes down?
>>
>>1087007
Go to poloniex and short it.

If you want to know what picking up pennies in front of a steamroller feels like
>>
>>1087017
>picking up pennies in front of a steamroller
No currency can withstand exponential growth. Expect it to shoot up and then fall down to about half its peak value.
>>
>>1086974
Nah M8 i'm in the US of A
>>
>>1087022
You have no idea how quickly this could grow. Could be exponential for weeks.
>>
>still waiting for kraken to verify
>t-thanks canada

Anyone willing to part with a few eth?
once im up and tier 3 , ill repay the favor to other anons in a few months

0xfd211c2bbac7fa70e9c12ab1935fdd67d40b17b9
>>
>>1087026
Well, get an online bitcoin wallet at blockchain.info.

Then buy bitcoin using local bitcoins (good site with escrow built in)

Then (if you are not a NY resident) use shapeshift.io to exchange bitcoin for ETH.
>>
CAN YOU FUCK OFF ALREADY?

>EFEREUM

RIGHT THROUGH MY FILTER

JUST

FUCK

OFF

This board is so shit... Shilling harder than Sandersfags.
>>
>>1087027
I think it will be growing for months. I would only begin consider shorting if it hits $60, and would only enter a trade if it reaches $150.
For now I will buy a little and see what happens since it's so cheap.
If it grows but doesn't even break the $20s I won't do anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 558x744px
>>1087039
Just buy some ethereum you will feel much better
>>
>>1087029
Tell me about it.

how long has your wait been?
>>
>>1087044
my wait has only been 24 hours but it feels like a lifetime with this insane growth.
>>
Why is there so many threads about Ethereum?

I don't get it? It's just like Bitcoin right.
>>
File: 1347722092966.png (6KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1347722092966.png
6KB, 344x326px
>>1087050
I'm on day 2. Alas.
>>
>>1086861

>having to mention grammar
>being this elitist
>being this condescending

Not the fan of that kind of salesmanship. Callin it out because I'm pretty pissed at all of the pointless shilling and huge amounts of misinformation on this board

That aside , how would ether benefit me in terms of the financial aspects? Wh mni buy shit on eBay and Amazon payment takes a a few mouse clicks , it's just the physical logistics that makes me wait for ever for my shipments
>>
>>1087068
Sorry m8 I don't speak 'tard can you retype that in English thank u
>>
ABANDON SHIP
>>
I have been doing substantial reading on ethereum. I understand the theory and the top level ways of obtaining ether (mine or buy with bit coin). I am not interested in mining, can someone please breakdown a step by step on how to actually buy Ether. Thank you.
>>
>>1087081

>i-its not another p-pump n dump stupid n-n-no coiners!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1087086
what? insane growth isn't stable?? whaaa?

It'll officially be a pump and dump when it hits 2USD.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 468x423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 468x423px
Current price $4.20
>>
File: 1444371911713.jpg (102KB, 680x966px) Image search: [Google]
1444371911713.jpg
102KB, 680x966px
>>1087097

The biggest player, IBM pulled out of this gay meme made by autistic devs who can't even explain what it is. The shills understand just enough about it to make it sound attractive and no more. They don't know what they're shilling, Bitcoin was more straightforward and never took off, you think this clusterfuck which is a year old with not even a wallet will ever do anything? God am I happy I decided not to buy. Dump your ETH now and go make some big boy real investments, not nonsensical bullshit peddled by retards.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 551x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 551x549px
>>1087120
>Sour grapes as ETH soars to double figures and beyond

You were glad you didn't buy when it was $1, you were glad you didn't buy when it was $2, you were glad you didn't buy when it was $3. Now the price is $4.20 and you are STILL glad you didn't buy! Will you be glad you didn't buy when it's $20? $100?
>>
>>1087035
What the process for NYC
Help ;_;
>>
>>1087126

>muh history

Yeah its just going to keep going up and up isn't it. It'll be Bitcoin lite, it may go up, but then just slowly burn out like Bitcoin did. Being remembered as just a social experiment.

Daily reminder that ETH was premined the fuck out of and the devs will make much money off your incompetence and naivety while blaming the eventual failure on some legal shit or lack of backing.

>"Aw dear, oh well guys its a shame we couldn't make it happen thanks for your support"
>HOLY SHIT WE'RE MULTIMILLIONAIRES THESE FAGS FELL FOR IT
>>
>>1087157

You sound like an abused child.

>there there, you're safe now, the nasty man can't hurt you any more
>>
>>1087167

What the fuck are you talking about? You're too scared to even address anything about ETH, evidently. Thanks for truly verifying that the shills don't even understand the thing that they're shilling.

ETH is kill.
>>
File: frontref.jpg (52KB, 270x309px) Image search: [Google]
frontref.jpg
52KB, 270x309px
>>1087157
While there's certainly arguments against investing in ETH, this is not one of them lol. IBM pulling out is interesting though.
>>
>>1087120
Source on ibm pulling out?
>>
>>1087175
I had no idea IBM even pulled in let alone pulled out. I honestly have no idea what you're referring to. Care to share a link?
>>
>>1087179
First time I'm hearing it myself, from >>1087120
>>
>>1087190
I think he's referring to IBM and samsungs Adept IOT technology demo which used ethereum.
>>
>>1087175
>>1087176
>>1087179
>>1087194

>http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/214461-ibms-upcoming-blockchain-release-could-change-the-internet

>The versatility of the blockchain model was demonstrated by IBM itself earlier this year, when it announced its unrelated ADEPT program: Autonomous Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Telemetry.

Article from Sep 17th 2015. They're developing it. ETH is kill. ETH's devs are nothing next to IBM.
>>
>>1087200
Why would anyone buy into IBMs centralised ledger.

It's not even a cryptocurrency

This is quite far fetched FUD
>>
>>1087207

Its not supposed to be a cryptocurrency for kids to trade back and forth. You best believe that big business will favor this over fucking Ethereum.

IBM have basically taken a mix of concepts and turned it corporate-friendly, corporate support is the only thing that matters. IBM has its expertise and its name to its advantage, what does the Ethereum project have? A handful of unknown devs who can't even explain what it is who also changed their mind halfway through about what Ethereum even WAS and a few thousand neckbeards on the internet.
>>
>>1087213
Uhuh and there are a million conpanies in this "corporate ledger" space. What makes you think microsoft or google will adopt IBMs centralised shitpile?

Far more likely that ethereum being the only player in the game with a proven tested programmable blockchain in the real world right now will begin to set industry standards as they are doing so already.
>>
>>1086849
"Efer"

Reported for spam.
>>
>>1087222
>IBM kills the shills

About fucking time a real company coopted what little actually works with cryptos and double-triple bankrupted the NEETS.
>>
>>1087222

They don't have to, they can make their own. My point is that big tech business will never buy into ETH because why would they? They have the resources to make their own. Without the backing and the capital investment of big business to prop it up ETH will flop harder than your dick after your grandma jerks your boner.

The Ethereum project did indeed prove the concept, they did the hard work for free and now, big business will reap the benefits and mold it for themselves.
>>
>>1087241
>>1087247
All we can do is see what will happen.

I personally will still support a free decentralised blockchain over whatever centralised shitpile someone like IBM cooks up.
>>
>>1087251

Learn from past events. Bitcoin did not live up to what it said it would have. This technology that Ethereum has developed will just be stolen and adapted by big business. You personally aren't what matters for the life of blockchain technology, big money matters, long term interest from big companies.

Even if I liked ETH I can't deny it'll get crushed by IBM. Ethereum wanted to create something that would upset many establishments, it never flies. Instead the establishment take the idea. It happens with tech all the time.
>>
>>1087255
The world does not revolve around IBM. An open source blockchain is far more likely to be adopted widely.
>>
>>1087258

Did you even read the first line in the article?

>"IBM has announced that it will soon release its own, open source version of blockchain software"

IBM have released many open source projects before this wouldn't be the first.

So what's Ethereum's advantage now?
>>
>>1087263
Go and buy shares in IBM then. No ones stopping you.

Ethereums advantage is that it's decentralised and censorship proof.
>>
>>1087269

>Ethereums advantage is that it's decentralised and censorship proof.

Those aren't things big business care about. Ethereum will stay in hobby mode then fade away, sorry friend.
>>
File: EFyFxLU.jpg (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
EFyFxLU.jpg
101KB, 640x640px
>>1087275
It's something small businesses care about, which is enough to drive up the value of ETH. Nevertheless, I believe I read something regarding MS' interest in ETH.

There's room for two decentralized blockchains. But you have prompted my interest in IBM's project. Looking forward to hear more about it, and will likely invest in both ETH and IBM.
>>
>>1087275
Ethereum has myriad applications beyond being some sort of tool of other big businesses.

It doesn't really shake my confidence in ethereum.

To grow bigger than bitcoin, IBMs participation is not nessesary at all.

People are building killer apps on the ethereum platform right now.

it has no current competitors.
>>
File: 1454998991484.jpg (326KB, 953x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1454998991484.jpg
326KB, 953x1001px
>I-"Watson is the future"-B-fucking-M
pffffffffft hahahahahahaha
oh man
the crunch that is happening this year is going to decimate them and they're stupid money sink of a toy watson will be the thing that puts the nail in the coffin what with all it's NO REVENUE
IBM is a has been company
50 ether says they close down their own crypto currency projects by July from activist investor pressure for them to stop trying to be google with their "moonshots" and go back to running a stable bluechip that makes money.
they'll do it too, not a single energy, oil or commodity company are bluechips anymore, tech hedge fund hotels like IBM are all the institutional investors have right now

fukken short IBM, based Vitalek's gonna rape 'em
>>
File: watshits.jpg (54KB, 631x543px) Image search: [Google]
watshits.jpg
54KB, 631x543px
>>1087290
i got a chart but forgot i had one before i posted and took a pic out of my shitpost folder before i remembered i had a chart lol
>>
>>1086864
Dude.... he said "a lot", not "alot".

What more convincing do you need?
>>
>>1086901
How cheap was it when you bought?

Unless I'm missing something... the cheapest it's ever been is 0.0015 BTC.

It's currently at 0.0115.

So, best case scenario is that you're about +700%.
>>
>>1087275
Also, it wont remain decentralized for long.

BTC is no longer decentralized. The entire back end is run by about 10 Chinese guys, and the same thing is going to happen to ETH soon.
>>
>>1087500
Presale my nigga. 2000ETH for 1BTC
>>
Are major banks still freezing/shutting down accounts related to bitcoin trading/kraken?
>>
>>1087513
When was that?
>>
>>1087504
No it won't Ethash is asic resistant thanks to the DAG file and ethereum will switch to POS which will mean hardware wont be needed.
>>
>>1087515
2014, over a year before it hit exchanges
>>
>>1087523
would you spare any ETH for a lowly poster such as myself?
>>
>>1086849
ethereum a shit
ipfs and i2p and freenet are better
>tfw decentralized meme somehow makes something better
>>
just bought bitcoin from coinbase, they're apparently in my wallet but will arrive in 5 days. Can someone briefly explain this to me? Also, can I go ahead and convert this to eth now? Or will I have to wait five days?
>>
>>1087555
I don't have any to hand, it's all stored on a paper wallet otherwise I would.

Some kind anon, if you're reading this
please donate some dust to this noob.
>>
>>1087560
Wait 5 days. Go buy it locally. Download mycelium and do it that way.
>>
>>1087562
please and thank you
0xce10c17084968d729238123f4ea2d5a52255e620
>>
>>1087562
Why don't you? You are 18x up! Give him 1x of that :D
>>
>>1087582
Security reasons. Making transactions to his account would reveal my address to anyone on 4chan that cared to look. The NSA could then try and crack my password. Im super duper paranoid
>>
Handing out Eth. Bought 500 at 0.08. Post your wallet.
>>
>>1087588
Check a few posts above you, I would greatly appreciate your generosity
>>
>>1087588
0x72aff64ab244966febe862165fb7ccc4e171f43f

I don't have any yet. Need to wait 5 days for coinbase to deliver the $50 in bitcoin then change to ETH
>>
>>1087588

0x2a833adccd5d050a1853f3247acaae6826ed7ab2
>>
>>1086849
implying how much money I have matters when I am dead.

We are born with nothing and die with nothing. Everything in between is merely temporary。
>>
>>1087588

0x736098a53f3fb2b0d97f9668359f0f1d6e2afa4d
>>
File: 1435705380816.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1435705380816.gif
1MB, 392x400px
0x70a890a2afec994d1ce9c28f28d371204bcadbd3

Please sir
>>
>>1087599
0x97a4d7b47c219e0b8efa986062ade4989493030d

i just bought 60
>>
>>1087623
>>1087590
>>1087599
>>1087600
>>1087612

sent ;)
>>
>>1087588
ill suck ur dick
0xb2d6b700ed68804ed57edba75c0dd5f2a4113f45
>>
>>1087650

nice try
>>
File: 445.jpg (49KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
445.jpg
49KB, 402x604px
>>1086849
100 ETH and ill post nudes and a girls facebook that goes with them.

0x081e433d3e94d39a3625a2ec92b2ce779c724f15
>>
>>1087652
same

0x736098a53f3fb2b0d97f9668359f0f1d6e2afa4d
>>
>>1087679
and a 1 minute + video
>>
>>1087679
You want $440 worth of ETH for some skanks pictures? You are quite ambitious for a beggar
>>
>>1087588
0xd015fc236b5448388f15b0b2185a7fe1fe617d0f
>>
File: ey.jpg (40KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
ey.jpg
40KB, 600x449px
>>1087698
your right, lets make it 1000 eth
>>
>>1086849
Because Coinbase is fucking shit beyond reproach and you literally have to wait ONE WEEK for your stupid bitcoin once you purchase it.
>>
Is there any point in CPU mining?
>>
>>1087898
People told you to use localbitcoins but you were too autistic to try it.
>>
>>1087588

0x8f99979c459323f48c85177ea4196ecdaa1ebeb7

Thank you
>>
>>1087898

If you have a credit card you can use it to secure your purchase and get your bitcoins faster.
>>
File: 1427508415176.png (9KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
1427508415176.png
9KB, 387x429px
>>1087588
0xf4c91ea3b7bfe39b3c18158a8b0f3d131a39aa2c
>>
>>1087923
The price is usually higer, can i still make money off it?
>>
File: 1403816006408.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1403816006408.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
How long does shapeshift take guys? Starting to get nervous here....
>>
Shit is about to go down in the Bitcoin world. Since the core developers are complete fucking autists, there'll be at least one faction that will be entirely pissed off. I think most will jump on ETH. Toss in the Chinese here in the next week and I think it'll take off right before the difficulty spikes and it will get a few separate boosts one right after the other.

Then I'm dumping and living the nocoiner life.
>>
File: mememagic.jpg (347KB, 1041x734px) Image search: [Google]
mememagic.jpg
347KB, 1041x734px
>>1087991
When trading BTC/ETH send the bitcoins to their official direct wallet which is 15NmxdqAAvhhaBtFBwpZZhKZ6hunm1YSnt
Should work alot faster
>>
File: 1454745081778.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1454745081778.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>1087588
0xbfdcac3a30ea51c086a8ef2590068d39f3be641e

Posting a comfy (maybe inspirational) pic as thanks.
>>
>>1088000
It went through. Wasn't even for that much but it's close to all the money I have right now.
>>
>>1087952
Thank you, kind anon.
>>
>>1088009
Is this the coinbase instant transfer thing? So does it just show up on your statement?
>>
>>1088016
The card is just a back up in case your bank account doesn't have the funds. Doesn't get charged.
>>
File: 1399276585413.webm (3MB, 1000x414px) Image search: [Google]
1399276585413.webm
3MB, 1000x414px
>>1087588
>>1087588
Are you still around based 500 Eth man?
0xce1a29e1232d1b50eab65deb7e287b86501b909d
>>
>>1087588
pls friend, i want to go to moon

0x1722284b273c92eeb6376ba29a16c5a478a264c0
>>
>>1087588
Help an anon out, meng

0xad3e86859f3bd89ec5e2131b561050c0689c613a
>>
>>1087588
0x9f11cd2803251a023d8a5f4ded6df08bb1847f27
>>
I did just speculate and gamble 1400 on buying 300 or something eths. Will just set a sell order for 2x the money and leave it. I'm pretty sure there will be lots of shilling in the future for this crypto and sooner or later it will raise to 2x and I will double my money.
>>
>>1088499
And then your sell order will be gobbled up and ETH will continue to rise to 100X its current price and you will realise you made a terrible mistake.
>>
I generated a paper wallet yesterday (I'm this guy >>1088094), but I can't figure out how to check my ether balance? Where do I go to do this?

I am going to invest 500 bucks in ether today but I need to know where I can see my balance first.
>>
>>1088508
nvm I figured it out

disregard this, i suck cocks
>>
>>1088504
lol, that is where most people fail.

If you made profit, you didn't make a mistake by default. Buy low sell high. Not buy and hold and keep holding until it all crashes to shit and then you cry crocodile tears. Nobody can tell the top except whomever hoarded the most coins and is pump dumping.
>>
>>1088508
Etherscan.io
>>
>>1088521
Keep on sour graping. You know its not too late to get in right?

Its still only 1/15th the size of bitcoin and could easily far outstrip it.
>>
>>1088552
You are appealing to emotions and speak shilling language and not in facts. Post disregarded.
>>
File: al-gore.jpg (21KB, 488x360px) Image search: [Google]
al-gore.jpg
21KB, 488x360px
Can someone explain to me how ETH is supposed to usurp BTC as the main crypto currency?

All I keep hearing are buzzwords. And from what I understand ETH is used mainly as a programming platform for smart contracts, so it really is more of a niche coin like namecoin which may be useful but never become as popular as the main cryptocurrency.
>>
F I V E D O L L A R S
I
V
E
>>
>>1088606
Looool keep fudding while you get poorer. Everyones leaving bitcoin like rats off a sinking ship and shittons of new money is flooding into ETH. Get with the times or stay poor.

Bitcoin maximalists = the nocoiners of 2016
>>
>>1088628
You know you're supposed to conceal you're shilling when you're doing a pump and dump, right?
>>
>>1088631
There is no dump you fool. This is the birth of a new billion dollar + blockchain.
>>
>>1088628
I already have over $400 in ETH, and I have a stop-limit order so I don't lose my profit.

But I don't see this as getting bigger than bitcoin. At best, it will just be another niche coin.
>>
File: image.png (81KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
81KB, 375x360px
>>1088661
Ok faggot. Stay poor
>>
Bought $500 at 2.40 2 weeks ago. Just doubled my money today. Thanks biz!

Not sure if or when I should put more in.
>>
>>1088746
you're welcome cutie :3

p.s. put some more in AND DON'T FUCKING SELL FOR A YEAR
>>
>>1088661
>But I don't see this as getting bigger than bitcoin.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, FOOL
>>
>>1088791
Teach me, then. I'm all ears.
>>
>>1088879
http://forklog.net/elections-in-ukraine-may-run-on-ethereums-blockchain/
>>
>>1088879

There's so much functionality built in to the protocol. The only way this doesn't eventually take off is if someone else beats them to it and gets adopted more widely. Bitcoin is a flip phone and Ethereum is a Nexus 6p. Ethereum's structure is built so that bloated transactions cost more money to execute. You are compelled to be efficient when executing contracts and transfers because it costs you less money to do so. Bitcoin has become bloated with no such checks.

Also, no other crypto besides Bitcoin and Ethereum are even on the radar. Look up the volume and market caps of all the altcoins. Ethereum is the only one making a dent. Just wait until China gets in on this rocket.
>>
>>1088879
Sure. Heard of Satoshi Nakamoto? That's actually Nick Szabo. It's p well known by people closely involved in Ethereum world (who btw are geniuses)

https://www.quora.com/Is-Satoshi-Nakamoto-now-with-about-1B-in-Bitcoins-really-Nick-Szabo

See the second answer. Here he is giving a talk at Ethereum's last dev conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y3fWXA6d5k

Keep in mind that this guy is unofficially working on an Ethereum project and Consensys is in talks with all the major banks/regulatory bodies/other institutions trying to promote Ethereum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4202ky/the_ether_denominations_are_called_finney_szabo/cz7jlpp?context=3

Any smart person will think this needs more exploring. Do the rest on your own. I just gave you Willy Wonka's golden ticket :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 300x295px
>>1088907
Szabo was the guy who invented the concept of smart contracts

Szabo IS satoshi. Bitcoin was an experiment between Szabo, Hal finney and Wei dai.

Wei dai invented hash cash, hal finney was the first person to ever recieve a bitcoin transaction. It was sent from...his programming buddy Nick Szabo aka satoshi nakamoto

I present to you the face of satoshi nakamoto
>>
>>1088912
hello britfriend

hope your buddy is enjoying those gains from the ETH I donated ;)
>>
>>1088916
Yes thanks bro. He has since bought 220 more! I was presale so ive been helping him out
>>
>>1087120
>>1087175
I actually spoke with the IBM guy that's been quoted as evidence of them pulling out.

/spoiler/

They're experimenting with their own blockchain technology right now. They aren't ruling Ethereum out. The major concern that the guy cited was confidentiality concerns that IBM's clients had which seems like a valid concern from now. He seemed pretty smart and basically was hinting that they'll come around to being okay with more transparency in their businesses.
>>
>>1088926
s/from/for
>>
File: image.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
230KB, 640x360px
>Nocoiners
>>
File: shemitah-real.png (1MB, 1366x2653px) Image search: [Google]
shemitah-real.png
1MB, 1366x2653px
>>1087991
>shapeshift
pol was right
>>
>$5.40

lmfao @ nocoiners this shit is lifting off and china isn't even involved yet
>>
>>1089099
That's implying china even wants to get in this shitty coin.
>inb4 no coiner
I have bitcoin and have converted some bitcoin to ETH but ETH is just another shitty pump and dump coin. Just waiting for the selloff and to reap my profits.
>>
>>1089104
http://www.coindesk.com/china-wanxiang-blockchain-50-million-fund/

Hehe. Vitalik is a GP of that fund i.e. that 50 million USD from China's largest auto group is really meant for Ethereum. It hasn't even begun, though. Devcon2 is going to take place in China this year and then you'll start to see the billion dollar flows moving into the space. It's going to be glorious.
>>
>>1089118
Moon confirmed
>>
>>1089104
Lol you will be shocked sir, shocked to find out how wrong you were.
>>
>>1089126
I hope I'm wrong, I make money either way but you and I know it's another shitty coin.
>>
>>1089163
Can you list the main problems with Ethereum?
>>
>>1089166
I don't know anything about coins. These meme coins that get shill here have the same cycle. Dogecoin, litcoin, etc.
>inb4 B-but THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT
literally all other coin said the same thing before the sell off.
Like I said, I hope I'm wrong since I make more money that way but don't be delusional that coins will go to go the moon.
>>
>>1089193
You know zero and i mean absolutely zero about crypto compared to me.
>>
>>1089197
anon, that's literally what I said.
>>1089193
>I don't know anything about coins.

I know how to make money though
>>
I know the principles of crypto, but why is keeping my money in a brainwallet a bad idea for ether? Isnt it the best of all worlds with no transfer fees and me being the only person who can acces it?
>>
>>1089200
Cool. Well you clearly don't cus you invested in something which you don't even know the implications of. You will sell too early at the next sign of a price decline and it will be a familiar story to all as we shake out the weak hands and head up in to the stratosphere.

Good luck nigger enjoy your spare change when you sell within a week.
>>
>>1089204
Do you know what a brainwallet is? Do you know how to generate one for ether? Good luck noob.
>>
>>1089212
Yes i know what a fucking brainwallet is you douchenozzle, and yes i know how to make one for ether.
>>
>>1089215
Enlighten us
>>
>>1089217
phrase/pass > encrypt > private key > public key
>>
>>1089224
Okey dokey. Good luck noob
>>
>>1089229
and i know how they are vulnerable to attacks, and that you should generate it on a permanently offline PC, and that the usual password bogus doesnt apply, since you need as many bits of entropy as possible for the sha 256 hash...
also calling people noobs is a meme reserved to MW2 and such
>>
I have to wait a week for Coinbase to give me my BTC, how much do yal expect ETH to hit by then?
>>
>>1089237
>>
>>1086849

When will China be able to buy ETH?
>>
>>1089244
I fucking hope not. I'll be mad if I miss this hype train.
>>
>>1089247
Maybe soon. Email okcoin and huobi support and ask them.
>>
File: ETH_Seed_Capital.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ETH_Seed_Capital.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
OK, you've sold me.

The world economy is going to collapse. There's nothing we can do to stop it. We're all facing ruin starvation and poverty.

I'm ready to buy ETH.

How much ETH can I get for all these bottles of urine I've collected over the years?
>>
>>1089258

>bagholding your Ureum
>>
>>1088889
>>1088899
>>1088907
>>1088912
Okay, I'm going to take this all with a grain of salt but thank you for the info. I'll look this all up tonight in case you're bullshitting me.
>>
File: 1449459180180.gif (44KB, 711x885px) Image search: [Google]
1449459180180.gif
44KB, 711x885px
how much mh/s are 6 gh/s?
>>
I wish I had the balls to start trading.
>>
>>1089118
>tfw still trying to purchase some eth
>>
>>1089330
how many grams are 6 kilograms?
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (46KB, 1142x409px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
46KB, 1142x409px
but something is wrong here
>>
>>1089337
6000 grams
>>
>>1089341
what gfx card do you use?
>>
>>1089349
r9 280x (21,5 mh/s)

but I looked up 6gh/s because these miners seem to be able to do these kind of hashrates (right?)
>>
>>1086974
UK here. Want ether. Pls help.
>>
Does it make sense to invest 200€ into ethereum? I have no idea about invsestment but doubling my 200 within a short time would be nice.
>>
>>1089387
Bittylicious select ether from drop down list pay with online banking.

Set uo paper wallet at myetherwallet.com
>>
So is the only way to buy ETH with BTC? I'm new to Cryptocurrency
>>
>>1089397
I am currently in the same situation as you.
I have no idea what I am doing but I just created a Kraken Account and I am abotu to verify it, I was also thinking about investing around 200€, maybe a bit less for a start.

I wish we could partner up or something, its always reassuring with this kind of deals.
>>
>>1089412
I'm far behind you. I don't even know what Kraken is because. But I'm gonna read about it and let you know if I made any progress
>>
>>1089397
>>1089412

If you believe the product is good and taking off like many of us it makes sense to invest what won't ruin you and stick with it for at least a year. There are some things on the horizon (like China's huge mass getting in on it in the Fall) that make it a good bet.
>>
>>1089418
>I'm far behind you
Literally 1 step my friend.

I was simply told that there you can get ETH for € with no need to use Bitcoins so I simply went there.
>>
Selling ETH at 0.013 (40 coins). Need to do this quick. Its 0.52btc.

1EBXvwpCkgqSKhAYQmrkEezQFW3qpKYzZF

Email me with your ETH address.

[email protected]
>>
>>1089437

Now why would you do that?
>>
>>1089448

On a time crunch and need to pay for something right now and can't be bothered to go through wallet > exchange > wallet > payment
>>
JUST
MOON
MY
ETH
UP
>>
>>1089457

How fucking retarded do you think people are?
>>
Did you invest in EXP yet /biz/?
>>
>>1089476

I saw that on Poloniex before. What is it?
>>
>tfw have been dismissing this as another memecoin
>tfw it's not actually a currency and has a use

FUCK, why didn't I invest
>>
Got myself 9 ETH, am I doing well for a start /biz/?
>>
I'm familiar with BTC and BTC apps like Circle and Coinbase.

How do I into ether?
>>
File: resist.png (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
resist.png
35KB, 800x600px
>>1089507
get BTC and use Shapeshift.io to get ETH fast
>>
>>1089505
Better than nothing.
>>
>>1089485

Still time. ETH will fucking skyrocket when apps start being built (next 6 month to year) and when China jumps on the train (in the Fall).
>>
>>1087588
0xb14cd4e30af4e71c77da065f6d56ddc3ff6b6128
>>
I'm waiting for fucking Coinbase to get me my BTC, but I have to wait a week. I'd appreciate anything in the meantime.
0x678f4355d05649ca7b42952a4fc5158c147cca3
>>
>>1086849
If you need bitcoins to buy eth, does it means that if eth goes up because of increased demand, bitcoin goes up too?
>>
>>1091057
ETH trading will only take up a tiny amount of XBT trading, i doubt it will directly affect it. Also msot people buy BTC then trade it for something else, the supply doesn't go down.
>>
I sold all my ETH and bought DCR instead. I'm expecting a pump.
>>
>>1091412
What is dcr? Wait don't tell me it is another shitcoin.

If you sold eth you are insane.
>>
>>1091057
MOOT, it increases supply and demand equally.

Its bad when big name companies "accept" btc but cash out 95% of it immediately to protect their bottom line because its taking coins from bagholders / hoarders and puts them back on the market regardless of price
>>
>>1091412

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Can't you at least shill one thing per month? What the tapdancing Christ is DCR, I don't even care. Just all of you fuck off with your cyber monopoly money shilling.
>>
>>1091417
>If you sold eth you are insane.

No, it's a smart move because ETH dropped and the dump is coming. I'll rebuy ETH in the dip.
>>
>>1091469
The dip is now
>>
>>1089069
This is how I spend my Friday nights now.
>>
How do you purchase Bitcoin on Coinbase if you have a work deposit card and not a proper bank account?
>>
>>1091473
>down another 3% in the last couple hours

Good call eth shill #26783. I'm guessing you weren't smart enough to see the dump coming and are now going to have to ask your mom for extra allowance to pay for your wow account.
>>
>>1091557
>3%

Im happy to see the market drop 20% it's fully over heated. No one should be buying ETH over $5 right now.

And I'm the biggest ETH shill there ever was everyone needs to chill the fuck out I think.

Thats why ive been making really hopeless dumpy sounding troll threads to batter down peoples excitement for the past day or so. You may be noticing the change of mood here.
>>
>>1091580
This ETH currently crazy overvalued, $5 for an as yet unproven coin it pretty nuts
>>
>>1092038
max should be 0.006 or 0.007 XBT
>>
>>1092038
$5 right now is a fair price considering the potential.

I am a large ETH holder myself. $5 is not a price I would consider selling at. but it is a price people might like to buy at. I want the coins to naturally transfer from the hands of greedy traders to future long term hodlers and people who will actually use Ethereum for what it was meant for.

this kind of frothy market attracts noobs and scammers. Panic is never good and what we've been seeing is panic buying. Already read about one noob on here losing his coins because he didn't understand how myetherwallet worked.
>>
>>1092040
I don't think we will see that sort of price ever again. 0.011 is the floor as far as I can see. BTC will begin to correct soon as more people get back into ETH when news hits in the next week.
>>
Completely new to investing here, how do I buy into this
>>
>>1092356
Buy BTC from Coinbase. Send them over to Kraken or Poloniex. Sell them for ETH.
>>
>>1092356
Why do new investors always gravitate towards the riskiest, crappiest investments? You should stick to mutual funds until you figure out what the hell a risk/reward ratio is and then understand why it doesn't apply for shitcoins.
>>
>>1092362
Is this coin mineable? I would rather do that actually
>>
>>1092369
yes, just google how to mine ethereum
>>
add me on skype to join a crypto trading chat. we have coin developers, miners, pool owners, exchange owners and other like minded degenerates who make money via bitcoin

hf_fwiw
>>
>>1092884
Are you long ETH?
>>
>>1086849
shilling so people would buy eth, but op will sell too soon like always and price will go up and op will suck dicks. :D
>>
>>1093661
Buy eth now before you end up bagholding worthless btc on behalf of chinese miners who owe their investors millions of dollars in fiat.

Miners will be forced to sell soon to cover their investors and their price propping will come to an end.

Don't baghold bitcoins for chinese miners and greedy businesspeople.
>>
I don't even understand what the fuck it is, and from a little reading I don't seem to be alone in that.

How is this going to replace the world wide web? If this took off I'd need to spend ether to browse 4chan, or use a phone app? If that's the case how are people excited to speculate on ether when the entire concept seems to depend on ether being plentifully available to everyone?
>>
>>1093780
Your talking about IOT and attention economy. Basically how that would work is you would get paid to look at ads, and you would get paid for the posts you write and the amount of people who look at them or upboat them.

Obviously if you just leach you would have to pay.

So you would get paid for (You)s
>>
>>1093780

It basically uses similar blockchain tech as Bitcoin, except the blockchain can be used to create "decentralized" programs, which essentially means that after the programs have been created, no human being can interfere with it or hack it or whatever - just thousands of PC's from all over the world "confirming" the actions taking place. That's the best explanation i can give you from a limited understanding i have of it myself.
>>
>>1093783
Ah, yeah, I forgot about the revenue aspect that comes with its useage. Still, how is that better than regular internet? I take it the ISPs will still be charging us in this grand future? So we'll pay for our internet and then we'll pay for our ether, or maybe earn it. Unless the average joe can make a surplus by just browsing the web and normal shit I don't see the incentive. And if everyone can earn a good income from that shit then that just doesn't seem realistic.
>>
File: ab3w4.png (65KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
ab3w4.png
65KB, 240x200px
>the same people who bought bitcoin @$1,200 will buy ether
>>
>>1087222
Yeah, bro. The multinationals are going to roll the dice rather than going with a prestigious company they likely already do business with in some form.
>>
File: Duck-hunt-dog.jpg (14KB, 448x300px) Image search: [Google]
Duck-hunt-dog.jpg
14KB, 448x300px
>>1087290
>shorting IBM this year
>>
File: is it safe.jpg (37KB, 471x419px) Image search: [Google]
is it safe.jpg
37KB, 471x419px
the website doesn't look very safe
>>
What's safest ether wallet generator?

(I have dedicated offline pc)
>>
>>1093859
geth
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.