[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 3 years ago I used to be neet and almost homeless But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Happy-Sad-Frog-25[1].jpg (70KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-25[1].jpg
70KB, 400x388px
>tfw 3 years ago I used to be neet and almost homeless
But then:
>tfw next week I might get promoted to supervisor and make 60k CAD a year next week
>tfw everyone at my job loves me and thinks I'm doing a good job
>tfw making awesome excel spreadsheets that make the warehouse run more efficiently
>>
r9k
>>
I'm you 3 years ago. Also in Canada.

What the fuck do I do? I haven't worked in a while and I wake up at 1pm or later each day.
>>
>tfw I had a job and was doing good at school.

>tfw no money now despite being at a cheaper place with high unemployment.

>tfw my visa would run out next year and I'll get deported. :(
>>
>>1086538
Pls
>>
>>1086538
get a job and wake up early
>>
>>1086538
Start behaving like an someone with responsibility, if you cant manage to get out of bed it's just because you dont care enough/llazy as shit
>>
>>1086546
Gee thanks. That's kind of the problem.

>>1086548
I fixed my sleep schedule but it got ruined by staying up one night and it all went to shit.
>>
>>1086550
Well , if you actually cared about this you wouldve put the effort into waking up early one day and fixing it. But I guess that's just too hard
>>
>>1086551
It is too hard. I have sleeping problems plus no real reason to wake up
>>
>>1086553
WAAAH WAAAH I JUST CANT ALRIGHT
Can you stop spouting excuses because that's not a rhing that's goonf to solve your issues, if you dont have a reason to wake up find one(be it a job or a hobby)
>>
>>1086538
Bro move to Alberta.

If you're here already then go to randstad or something and apply for an afternoon shift or nightshift job.

Go balls to the wall in proving yourself to management.

The supervisor that I sucked up to and worked my ass off for for the first 6 months got fucking fired 3 weeks ago and I've been a lead hand for almost 2 years now and they want me to replace the guy.

You should learn computers and shit so you look better as a supervisor or admin?

>>1086539
HAHA

REMOVE KEBAB

GET OUT

>>1086550
>I fixed my sleep schedule but it got ruined by staying up one night and it all went to shit.
Honestly man my phone has 5 fucking alarms for everything I do. I set my phone 8 minutes ahead of time so I'm always on time.
What part of canada you from?
>>
>>1086556
Ontario man...

I'm the same guy just on phone so my I'd kept changing.

I'm just tired of this shit, I dropped out, I'm a virgin, I'm weak, I look bad, I have no job, I'm lazy and unmotivated as fuck.

I waste my entire day on 4chan.
>>
>>1086559
>I'm just tired of this shit, I dropped out, I'm a virgin, I'm weak, I look bad, I have no job, I'm lazy and unmotivated as fuck.
My life 3 years ago man.

Move to alberta.

Also find out what your health/brain problems really are by going to alternative practitioners.

Not homeopaths though.
You may have heavy metals or bad bacteria.
>>
>>1086563
I've given up desu senpai.

Alberta doesn't seem very good with the fall of oil. Haven't there been record number of suicides and unemployment there?
>>
>>1086565
want to talk on skype?

im drunk and will give drunken neet sage advice
>>
>>1086568
I don't have Skype. I fell for the /g/ privacy memes.

I am going to sleep I guess now. It's only almost 6am

>tfw hope I don't wake up
Feels not so good senpai, good bye
>>
>>1086569
well that sucks

could have had a better life

I'll leave you with one word and don't you dare repeat it:

"cerebrolysin"
>>
>>1086572
i'm back anon

Google that but it seems like it has limited research and kind of hard to buy desu
>>
>>1086568
I'll talk
>>
>>1086550
I was in your position 3 months ago

>Decided one day enough is enough I'm just deluding myself and making excuses
>Write killer resume making my minimal experience sound really good
>Send out 20-30 applications with personalised cover letters over the course of a week
>Start getting calls, interviews and offers in sales jobs
>2 months after accepting my current job I'm still getting calls for interviews
>Also starting multiple side businesses and continuing my photography business
>Feel like I have more free time than ever because I am learning to utilise it to my advantage

My advice would be literally just to do it. Straight away. There's no excuse for procrastination and lying to yourself. If you like I'll post my resume
>>
>>1088455
Sure post it senpai.

>Just do it
The problem is that I don't know WHAT to do.
>>
File: resume.png (185KB, 1930x1165px) Image search: [Google]
resume.png
185KB, 1930x1165px
>>1088470
>Start writing a resume
>Look for jobs on job sites and apply to as many as you can that you would do
>Stop thinking your sleeping pattern needs to be fixed by anything other than just setting your alarm and getting up in the morning

Most of all you need to have a shift in priorities. If you want it bad enough you need to make it #1 priority to get a job and not be a lazy shit. And don't stop until you succeed.

2016-current floor sales job is the one I got recently.
>>
>>1088478
You have a lot more experience than I do.

My resume is literally 3 parts, two of which are education and job experience(two jobs for very little each) and the other is just other skills.

Fuck it senpai desu I guess
>>
>>1088483
Write about your key skills and attributes then. Make it sound like you learned a ton at the two jobs. If I wrote my resume differently it would look like I have a lot less experience. I didn't have a full time job on there until my current job, which counts as zero experience to some people. Just gotta make what you do have sound good.
>>
>>1088493
But should I have sections like yours? I just put my responsibilities under experience
>>
>>1088498
I'm not an expert in the slightest but that template worked a lot better for me than last time I applied for jobs. HR/recruiters use resume scanning software that scans for keywords and vets resumes based on this before they even get read by a person. So having lots of positive keywords is really helpful.
>>
>>1088506
Well fuck

I just want a minimum wage job anyway

No wonder they never call me back fuck this
>>
>>1088510
Well now you know I'm sure it won't be a problem if you play the system. Best of luck mang
>>
>>1086536
>such horrible life choices that you nearly became homeless
>now "might" get promoted to 43k USD
>success story
Jesus fucking christ, /biz/, how have you not killed yourselves.
>>
>>1088596
well that is dramatically better than being a homeless neet.
>>
File: 1274431725167.gif (338KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1274431725167.gif
338KB, 300x200px
>>1086536
>present year
>$60k CAD isn't worth shit
>>
>>1086572
plz come back senpai
>>
>>1088596
An entry level, low skill position that pays an entry level salary should never be anybody's long term aspiration. Of course not! If OP has any ambition, his success story should only be a milestone, not a milestone.

But for somebody who used to be a useless, NEET this a good new lease on life. It's turning nothing into something, but now OP needs to shoot for something greater.
>>
>>1088596

>make significant improvement in live
>kill self because you're not instantly a jagillioniare

Fuck off retard.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.