[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /biz/, I've recently turned 18 and my father has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 10000-1f.jpg (85KB, 640x268px) Image search: [Google]
10000-1f.jpg
85KB, 640x268px
Hello /biz/,

I've recently turned 18 and my father has just told me that I have two mutual funds, one with $14k and one with $12k. I've also been saving up for the past several years as I'm not a big spender and I have roughly $6.5k in cash/accounts.

At first I would think that this could help go towards my college tuition but I have the first 2 two years covered 100% by the GI bill and then I've racked up enough in scholarships to pay off more than the last two years. I already have a car and I will live at home and commute to university.

Does anyone have any idea what I could and should do with this money? I also don't know much about mutual funds so any info there would be great as well. Thanks in advance.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 800x450px
Buy ethereum

http://youtu.be/fbEtivJIfIU
>>
>>1085457
Holy shit this Russian teen is a creepy motherfucker
>>
>>1085436
Take it all out and buy a fancy car.
>>
>>1085436
Start funding an IRA with it. You can drop $5500 per tax year into them and then withdraw it at retirement for huge tax benefits. Use the rest to start funding a brokerage account. If you're unsure what that entails or how you can invest that money talk to a financial advisor. You can find one at the branch office of any major brokerage like Fidelity, Schwab, or TD Ameritrade and they will be more than happy to talk with you as soon as you mention you have $26k that you want to start investing. Just keep in mind that they will try to sell you stuff. Avoid the sale if you can and just extract information about what sorts of investments you can pick up that are within your risk tolerance. They can walk you through picking out mutual funds and the like.
>>
>>1085436
Lonnie deals
>>
>>1085535
Vitalik should be the real /biz/ hero. He is way more based than that whiney faggot Shkreli
>>
>>1085436

OP, look, you're in a good position. If you have earned income, contribute to an IRA. Matter of fact, you can contribute 5,500 for 2015 still. Then 5,500 for 2016.

With the remaining 15k of the windfall, investing 1k per month or so in a broadly diversified index fund or ETF.
>>
>>1085678
>>1086339
Taken into consideration. Thanks lads

Bumping for more input
>>
>>1085457
lmao the chief scientist is a fucking acne ridden shutin teenager

i thought the eth meme was semi serious but now i know
>>
>>1085457
why doesnt he look at the person he is talking to?
>>
>>1087204
bill gates was an acne riddled nerd when he founded microsoft

>>1087210
He's not a trained public speaker like the presenters on FOX that you're used to.
>>
>>1087211

You don't need to be a trainer public speaker to know it's normal to look people in the eye when talking to them..
>>
Bumping for input.
>>
File: silver.jpg (66KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
66KB, 590x332px
>>1085436

A lot of Silver Eagles, a few Gold Eagles.

Ethereum.
>>
>>1087217
He is autismo which makes him incorruptible
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.