Hi /biz/ I have developed an app that should take the world by storm. It just needs proper marketing. How do I get my app noticed?
Its an app for parents by the way.
Well you need to:
- identify at its core, what you app does...an elevator pitch. Using straightforward language.
- identify your competitors who currently satisfy this role and what they fail at doing
- figure out how your app is better based on what it does and the additional elements that seperate it from your competitors
- research parents and even focus group parents (use parents you know and ask them about the issue that your app helps resolve; and find things that they really need addressed. Listen, record and aggregate the responses; a common theme will come through you can tie to your app
-discover the media channels that your apps purchasers use and advertise through cost effective channels
- position your marketing so the core element seeks to resolve the core need of your target audience; wrapping it up using terms ans situations you found in your research.
- only highlight the negative (i.e. no inapp purchases -because kids accidently buy shit) unless your research shows this is a concern for your target buyer
Most importantluy, let kids & parents play with the app...so shows or public demonstrations for parents would be good to increase uptake. video & photo these events; blur peoples faces for privacy (tell them you're doing it; makes it look like you want to protect the kids from pedos) and upload to social media channels.