[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cancer Offsets: nonprofit idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: Carbon-offset-graphic.png (523KB, 1077x921px) Image search: [Google]
Carbon-offset-graphic.png
523KB, 1077x921px
Come into my thread to hear about my great new idea for a nonprofit organization and offer advice or tell me I'm an idiot.

Now, many of you know what carbon offsets are, but for those of you who have never heard of it, it's basically a system of credits that different organizations allow you to purchase that count as "negative" greenhouse gas emissions. Individuals and organizations can purchase what are effectively shares in conservation and green energy projects, such as reforestation or wind farm construction, that can be calculated to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere by some certain amount per dollar. These credits are used to "offset" the buyer's own greenhouse gas emission, either for moral or regulatory reasons. Various national and international legal precedents have been set that ruled that this "actually counts," so for example governmental operations and corporations subject to emissions caps can emit x tons of greenhouse gases over the legal limit and purchase x carbon offset credits and legally be in the clear.

Now, my idea is very similar, but for carcinogens.
>>
>>1084068
Cancer Offsets is a concept for a nonprofit organization that will offer credits for quantified cancer reduction. With data from the CDC and WHO about the number of people with different types of cancer and their average treatment time or mortality rate, how that number has changed over time, information about how the majority of charity money towards cancer is allocated (i.e. to research firms, hospitals, etc) and how much, I will create a "donation portfolio" representing that allocation and use statistical analysis to calculate the reduction in cancer-hours per dollar spent on research and support efforts per cancer type. I will then be able to sell "cancer offsets," or shares of that donation portfolio that can be said to offer a quantified reduction of cancer per unit purchased.

This can be offered at point of sale when consumers buy many products that cause cancer or whose manufacture or disposal effect the emission of carcinogens into the atmosphere or groundwater. This includes many things, including plastics with carcinogenic manufacture byproducts, cigarettes, cars and plane tickets, and the list goes on. Thus people will be able to know that they live a lifestyle that does not contribute to cancer.

What is more, corporations accused by the courts of causing cancer will now have a way out. The legal precedent is already there. Fracking companies, Philip Morris, any company that gets accused of dumping shit into a river-- will all be able to legally say their actions do not cause cancer. It is both a legal salvation and incredible PR move.

So will I get rich? what does everyone think?
>>
File: 7755304836_ef18f1d9fb_z.jpg (178KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
7755304836_ef18f1d9fb_z.jpg
178KB, 612x612px
Bump
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.