Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
2016-02-08 22:33:16 Post No. 1083708
Post No. 1083708
I'm currently in a tough cookie situation as to picking the ideal candidate for my company. There are two final candidates to consider, and I need advice as to which specific candidate would be the most optimal for the growth of my company.
A little bit of context:
The company I work for is Food ABX, and what we essentially do, is sell an opulent amount of food to many of our distributors.
We've recently opened a branch of our company out east in the country, and in that particular branch, there are currently three Food ABX representatives: 2 (45 yo) representatives that deal with the "push" aspect of our company (which is to directly sell to new or old distributors--they deal with the distributors directly), and the other employee specializes in sales, not to distributors, but in other retailers, restaurants, street vendors, etc..
The "hard" part:
After conducting numerous interviews, the process has come down to two finalists:
- 61 Years Old
- Has worked 30 years with Kraft
- Has extensive experience selling to restaurants, retailers, etc.. (specialization around the east end)
- He was cut from his old job because of job cuts (he was among the first because of his age)
- Has a huge network
- Asking 50k (+25k bonus) = 75k
- Veteran in the sales book
- 25 years old
- 5 years of experience within this domain
- She worked for one of the biggest distributors (good client, and is known throughout the distributor world)
- Specializes in internal sales (takes calls, and orders. Order specialist)
- Asking 32k (+16k) = 48k
- Energetic, pragmatic, and enthusiastic
It's odd that I should be asking here, but in reality, I have no idea how to select the ideal candidate in this case.
Would you rather select the one with more experience, yet old? Or the other way around?