[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw seriously considering suicide if I can't get a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: download.png (11KB, 364x138px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
11KB, 364x138px
>tfw seriously considering suicide if I can't get a job in the next two weeks
>>
You've come to the right place, /biz/ career advice is second to none.

Now, there's a great job opening for you, you'll just need a pair of kneepads.
>>
Set up a livestream with a subscription fee, then chicken out
Or just die in front of an audience of 0
It's win win, really
>>
>>1083707
>needs knee pads

Pleb
>>
File: Hadouken.jpg (65KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
Hadouken.jpg
65KB, 558x744px
>>1083700

Nah don't do that. The world is full of opportunity you just haven't opened your eyes to the world and the level of your desperation.

What about:
- the military
- subtitute teaching
- waiting tables
- construction
- work abroad as an English teacher
- UBER driver

etc etc etc.

If your life is meaningless anyway, just throw yourself into chance and see what happens. Still a better option than suicide.
>>
>>1083721
>- the military
Already in the National Guard
>- subtitute teaching
Need a college degree iirc
>- waiting tables
No place is hiring around here
>- construction
How do I find a construction job
>- work abroad as an English teacher
>National guard
>- UBER driver
No one uses Uber around here
>>
>>1083729
>No one uses Uber around here
So there's no competition?

You lack killer instinct, I don't think the suicide is going to work out very well.
>>
>>1083740
No I mean it isn't in my city yet. I tried to apply as a drvier
>>
>>1083700
Dont do it anon. Fight through the shit. I sencerely believe in you.

Best regards fellow anon
>>
How do you build a resume if the only job experience you have is one entry level job for like 4 months and some military training that is irrevelvant to the job?
>>
Let's he real here, you don't kill yourself.
>>
>>1083700
I know that feeling OP. I need 2000$ to go back to school and pay off the past semester.
I knew about this bill for nearly 7 months, and I still haven't gotten 2000$, I am still at 700$. And I live at my parents house so the only bills I have are a phone bill and transportation (The bus and subway)

>Took several months of applying every where before I got a job
>Had to apply to toys R us TWICE
>Only gave me 40 hours over the entire holiday season
>Let go

>Temp agency
>Really crappy factory job lifting 50-100 pounds all the time
>or
>Packing and making cardboard boxes and filling pellets with those boxes(Very faced paced)

>Factory enters slow season and says they won't pick up again until March
>Once again on the job hunt

I've been looking for 3 weeks and still haven't gotten a job. And when I put my resume up on Monster I keep getting calls from these sales position scams that run on commission and want me to pay for a test

>tfw I am an EE undergrad
>Still can't get a job

JUST
>>
>>1083754
If you're able to live without an income for a few more months, why not try to volunteer or have an internship in something remotely related. If you're looking for any dogshit job position such as construction, having initiative and showing interest will put you in front of 90% of your competition.
>>
>>1083746
Beach / cooler of half frozen drinks
Subway on rainy day / umbrellas
Etc
Killer instinct, get some
Find a void and fill it
>>
>>1083772
>Beach / cooler of half frozen drinks
Panhandle

>Subway on rainy day / umbrellas
Panhandle

You're talking about wasting at least 24 hours finding and buying product wholesale, reselling this product in hopes for a profit, and the profit is marginal to how much you spent. Do you do this yourself. What do you do that you can advise people to waste their time not finding salaried work?
>>
>>1083700
>>1083700

Don't let retards set your worth- I applied for 150 jobs before getting a shit construction job. Made over 100k the last 7 years with a high school education.
>>
>>1083786
>Made over 100k the last 7 years with a high school education.
I hope you mean 100K a year
100.000 / 7 = 14,285
And we aren't even talking about taxes
>>
>>1083780
When you say panhandle, do you mean begging?
I didn't realise the difference between selling and begging was a leased storefront.
Are online businesses without a storefront just cyber-begging?
Or is the difference between begging and selling a matter of packaging? Does bubble-wrap unbegger a beggar?

No killer instinct. I bet you're worried about what the neighbours would think.
>>
>>1083700
Rob some banks.

Seriously how come no one suicidal ever considers a life of super villainy?

If they catch you then just off yourself in prison
>>
>>1083809
Because people with depression generally don't want to die but rather have no motivation to do anything.
>>
>>1083729

sounds like you are in a depressed area.

sounds like you should move.
>>
>>1083700

Have you tried looking at online jobs with Appen, to hold you over? They've always got lots of work
>>
>>1083709
>Set up a livestream with a subscription fee, then chicken out
>Or just die in front of an audience of 0
>It's win win, really
That's how my brother did it. I found the stream after. It haunts me to this day.
>>
>>1083700
with the way the economy is going how can you even get a job in the first place
>>
>>1083729
>>- the military
>Already in the National Guard
how's that going?
>>
>>1083763
>when I put my resume up on Monster I keep getting calls from these sales position scams
That's the only thing Monster/Indeed/HelpWanted exist for.

They're businesses. Go door to door, call a friend, post on Facebook, or look at the coffee shop bulletin boards.
>>
>>1084752
Waste of my time.
>Year of training in IT but no certifications so companies don't want me
>Massive gap in employment that's hard to explain
>three years behind my peers if i manage to go to college next year
>>
>>1083815
>depression
What op has is laziness and stupidity. Depression and "no motivation" don't correspond to any sort of barrier to do something. I had 0 motivation for any class in high school and college and most people have even less going to work, but it gets done.
>>
>>1085252
OK op it's been 2 days now. How many jobs have you applied to since starting this thread?

Inb4 none but I posted on 4chan and played LoL
>>
>>1083729
>No one uses Uber around here

better for you. spread the word that you will preform uber like services and you get to keep the money they would pocket.
>>
>>1085261
15 applications. Went and talked to 10 places after I applied to see if they had reviewed any applications as well.
>>
File: 1446598725999.jpg (37KB, 218x290px) Image search: [Google]
1446598725999.jpg
37KB, 218x290px
>>1084255
Post it.
>>
>>1085272
Best of luck, man.
>>
>>1085287
Hopefully something turns up because I'm probably gonna get kicked out soon.
>>
File: 1449690183943.png (759KB, 528x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1449690183943.png
759KB, 528x1239px
>>1083700

Buck up, pussy.

There are homeless Vietnam veterans who have been trying to get jobs for longer than your faggot ass has been alive.

Don't be a titty boy.

Does the market suck?

It sure does, faggot.

So, are you going to cry about on it /biz/ like an average underachieving bitch nigger, or are you going to separate yourself from the dross and start making moves?

Welcome to the hustle.

Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>1083721

But if he's a true pioneer he'll opt for suicide since after death is less predictable than all of the opportunities in life
>>
>>1083795
>I hope you mean 100K a year
he means 7 years in a shit construction job
>>
if you're cute, sell your boipucci or dongle
>>
>>1083887
>Appen
how does this pay?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.