[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why cant i save money? I make $21/hr im 21 and can never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (75KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 600x302px
Why cant i save money? I make $21/hr im 21 and can never save up more than 5k
>>
>>1083136
What are you spending your money on?
>>
>>1083146
Nothing just student loans ~$200 a month
Bank loans ~$200 a month
>>
>>1083153
It sounds like your overhead is too high. What percentage of your monthly take home is going to rent/utility ect?
>>
>>1083136
how often do you eat at restaurants?. Do you buy non-perishable groceries in bulk? How often do you drink? Do you have a girlfriend?
>>
>>1083136
at that rate of earning you should be saving 50% of your income.

Without know anything about your situation, since you haven't shared a single fucking detail, you need to get rid your car and bike/walk/bus to work. If work is too far you need to move.
>>
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/
>>
>>1083136
LOL

You fucking nigger, you should be saving at least 20K a year at your income. If you can't do that you might as well an hero, because the incoming recession is going to make you lose your job and put you on the streets.
>>
>>1083136
It's your mindset, you see that you have 5k, and so you become more relaxed in your spending. Do this if you havent already.

I assume you have online banking.

Never keep more than $1k in your checking account. If you have any more than that send it to your savings account so that you feel like you have less to spend immediately. It'll keep you from making any large impulse purchases, and by seeing that you dont have that much in your checking, you'll also make less little purchases here and there, which will add up quickly
>>
>>1083136
where do you live? Try and find less expensive living situations, spend less here and there, look for coupons and any sort of deals, save all your spare change. It adds up fast.
>>
>>1083433
>LOL
>You fucking nigger

annnnnnnd into the trash it goes.

And this is coming from a literal white supremacist(me)who lives in the south. Race has no prevalence in this conversation whatsoever.
>>
>>1083136
What do you do with the 5k when you get it?
>>
>>1083153
This doesn't make any sense. If your expenses are $400 a month, how you are not saving any money making $21/hr?

How many hours a month do you work?
>>
>>1083469
>>>/r/eddit
you fag.
>>
I used to spend a shit load of money on food. I'm about the same age as you and in the same situation. I think I've gotten better and cut down my spending habits, the only things I pay for are phone bills, my car (I fucked up on listening to my immigrant mom with no knowledge about finance) and insurance.

I started using an app called mint and my money's been doing pretty decent, its not always accurate but it's a good way to see where my money is going

I used to spend about 200 weekly eating out on food, now I spend about 40 for food/tea weekly. I also try to max out my tfsa as much as possible and graduate school without any debts, which I'm on the track to so far
>>
make a budget you fucking tard
>>
>>1083136
You need to give more details. How many hours do you work? But if your able to save up 5k it sounds like your problem is self restraint.

>>1083612
Assuming you coded your app yourself, how long did it take to learn enough to code and then to code it?
I want to make my own game but don't have any knowledge of coding above HTML/CSS
>>
>>1084003
I don't think he implied anything about making the app. If you want to learn programming, learn programming. I obsessed for years about starting it "the right way" but someone told me that if I want to know how to program, I should just start learning it, and that's been some of the best personal advice I've gotten. If you just want to make vidya you can hit up the amateur game dev thread on vg and learn things like unity. If you want to get more "under the hood", just hit up a decent textbook to get some ground
>>
>>1083304
Forgot about this thread kek but rent is only $200 a month utilities about $200 also car is payed off
>>
>>1084974
Rent: $200
Util: $200
Loans: $400
Total expenses: $800
Income: $21/h full time = ~$3.3k a month, ~$2.4k after taxes. $2.4k - 800 = $1.6k leftover.
You chould be saving ~1k a month boi
>>
>>1085706
Thanks man i been doing better at saving but seeing it out like that makes it seem easier
>>
>>1083469
back to r e d d i t
>>
>>1083136
it's because youre weak and you cant accept it.. humans have a finite amount of willpower.. think of it as a muscle, you cant flex it forever.. go small and work your way up. dont aim high just start with a small amount you know you can save then build up from there.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.