[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm in the process of establishing a small business and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1453050809444.jpg (229KB, 960x968px) Image search: [Google]
1453050809444.jpg
229KB, 960x968px
i'm in the process of establishing a small business and have yet to open a bank account for it. what's the advantages and disadvantages of using a business account over a personal account?

thanks
>>
>>1083061
Tell me the difference. Then I might be able to help you
>>
>>1083061
Business accounts give you features that are more commonly used by businesses, like several users with different credit cards and limits that all feed into the main credit line, quickbooks export, payroll capabilities, bigger limits and lower fees for wire transfer, etc.
On the more practical side having it completely separate from your personal accounts makes bookkeeping a lot easier. You're keeping your books up to date right anon?
>>
>>1083085
i am. thanks for the reply btw. but are there any terrible downsides to a business account? it seems like most banks want a certain amount of money to sit in a business account each month, which is something i can't guarantee. for this reason i am leaning towards personal.
>>
>>1083092
Mine charges $16 a month unless I meet one of these criteria:
$250+ in net new purchases on a linked Business debit card
$250+ in net new purchases on a linked Business credit card
$3,000+ minimum daily balance in primary checking account
$5,000+ average monthly balance in primary checking account
$15,000+ combined average monthly balance in linked business accounts

It's really easy to meet at least one of those once your business actually starts running. In the meantime $16 is not too bad.
>>
>>1083121
alright thanks very much, this helps a lot.
>>
I found the biggest advantage was simply keeping my money separated. But my business account offers no interest and no free checks so YMMV.
>>
>>1083531
BTW this is a decent credit union so no bullshit like minimum balances or direct deposit mandates. I write off the checks as a tax deduction and 0% interest makes accounting easier so it's not a dealbreaker.
>>
File: glasses girl.jpg (117KB, 1242x1215px) Image search: [Google]
glasses girl.jpg
117KB, 1242x1215px
>>1083061

Small business owner here:

The single greatest advantage of the account is Legitimacy. That's it. When the write you a check it is to ABC corp, instead of Bill Smith. You don't look very legit asking for personal checks.

In the beginning of a business the hardest battle is making yourself look legit, ie:
- uniform
- company vehicle
- website
- online presence
- business cards and media
- flyers

The other advantage of the account is keeping track of profits and expenses.

But yes if you form an LLC like I did, you def need to open up a business bank account to go with it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.