[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

buisiness ettiquet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: don corleone.gif (500KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
don corleone.gif
500KB, 500x299px
I'm having some trouble dealing with a few clients of mine, and I'm after some advice.

how do I deal with someone who won't show me common courtesy, or the business courtesies that are expected
my town is run by moguls who have no respect for anyone

they won't offer to shake your hand, and won't look at you if they do
they will arrive late, early, without notice, at the store/sales floor instead of the office
they won't offer you a seat
they discus private deals in public, within earshot of employees
they threaten you not to do things "by the book"

I can't risk offending many of them, but I can't tolerate the way they behave; not only is it personally disrespectful it's poor business practice

I went to a mans office that's connected to his showroom, and he greeted me in the showroom because that's where he happened to be
then he starts negotiating one the spot, in front of customers and his employees, and these were not routine dealings either, I asked him if he wouldn't mind discussing things somewhere private, or my offices if needed

he exploded at me that I shouldn't tell him what to do, how to run his buisiness etc etc "I've been in this game for fifty years" etc etc

then he took the contract I brought and stormed out, I was very embarassed
and when I got back my boss threw a fit at me for upsetting him, I asked what I should have done in the situation and that only made him angrier
>>
>>1082567

You probably look like a soft cuck with no dominance or masculinity.
>>
>>1082570
maybe I do; but I'm not sure why it's in anyone's interest trying to belittle me

at the end of the day if they give me a hard time for no reason they get a poor reputation and nobody wants to deal with them
a lesser person would start slighting them out of spite

maybe he was angling to deal with someone higher up who might have been more conceding

I hope that next time he learns that I'm not going to budge if he tries to bully me
>>
>>1082567
Know feel OP.

>Tfw shook a few people's hands who gave me the "limp fish"
>Tfw can't tell if they're showing their disrespect towards me, their disinterest/disapproval or whether that's just how they handshake for some reason
>>
>>1082577
this guy was trying to grab the contract before he even finished shaking my hand

I almost laughed at him, do these guys not care or do they just not know
>>
I'd dish it out, matching their tone. Dude doesn't want to talk away from customers? I'd throw stuff out intentionally knowing the customers wouldn't want to hear until he has a problem with it, then asks to go talk in his office or whatever.

I've dealt with a lot of lowlifes but not like in your situation however. What line of work is this?
>>
>>1082616
well that might be good advice, the only risk would be damaging my own reputation as well

those kind of thuggish buisinesspeople close doors for themselves, if I matched his tone I might be less welcome elsewhere

I'm in labor management, union and recruiting kind of work

this guy was trying to shorchange his employees superannuation, as soon as I walk in the door someone knows thier going to loose money, the question for them is if they play ball or if I have to hammer them

but I don't see aggressive business as being personally aggressive; if we start using fear and intimidation to get contracts signed we will loose a lot of co-operation and we'l need to be CONSTANTLY on everyone's back
>>
>>1082567
sounds like you gotta suck it up chance, you aren't in charge, who has the leverage? those guys - so they can treat you however they feel
>>
Why do you Aussie cunts have to shit up the board every night with your autistic threads?

Just do your fucking job, and stop bitching about some low level grunt isn't getting his fair share of workplace respect.
>>
>>1082627
perhaps
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.