[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/ I'm a lowly car salesman. The cars I sell are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1445944432444.gif (334KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445944432444.gif
334KB, 200x200px
Hi /biz/

I'm a lowly car salesman. The cars I sell are ~£50,000+ ($72000+)

I've been tasked to go out and find a way to connect with local businesses who would like a high end business car.

I'm kind of stumped and don't know where to start. Could you provide me with any tips?

How do I go about forming relationships with business owners in the area with no data that I can use?
>>
How did you get into selling cars? Any prior sales experience of any kind? I assume you for work BMW/audi/benz, do you enjoy it?

Anyways, I would look for independent businesses (non franchise) who maybe have a strong local reputation (likely a friendlier owner). Go for businesses that you think earn a lot/ have been around for a while. When you finally meet them, I suggest you try to sell them the car by showing how it could help their business. For example I know a real estate agent who bought a BMW X3 and wrapped it with her company, face and name all over it. Similarly, many performance autoshops buy exotics and mod it/wrap it with their name all over it.
>>
>>1082036
It was random really - I really needed a job after uni and it was the best thing going. I'm only doing it in the interim so I can move to a different role within the company.

I actually don't really enjoy selling cars even though I'm quite good at it - I'm the European top 3. Most customers are fine to deal with it's just the others which are self-entitled assholes who always throw their toys out the pram like little babies.

No previous sales experience. I don't want to stay in sales too long I just need the recognition for business acumen.

Thanks for the advice of contacting a friendly owner! I know a few and they are an invaluable asset.
>>
>>1082002
Real estate businesses

Call them up and say that you have a sale or something (hopefully you do) and that this would be a prime opportunity for them to come and take a look at your selection as they would save money as well as improve their marketing.
>>
>>1082002
I would look into businesses that provide limo services/luxury cars/etc. You'll probably have to make some cold calls, you'll really need to work on your pitch. Chances are that whatever business you contact already has someone they use for this shit, so you need to come up with some sort of selling point that makes you better. That can either be price, or maybe you can hook them up with some sort of service contract. Maybe you have good financing options you can offer them.

Are you just a used car dealer or do you sell new cars as well? Is it a franchise store for a specific automaker or just a luxury car dealership?

Also like the other guy said, real estate is another good place to look.
>>
look into black car companies,

realtors

anyone who needs to drive clients around, or drive to clients.

uber driver/ wantabeees

limo company

high end car rental places

football clubs
>>
Thanks for your invaluable advice guys!
I work for a high end luxury carmaker and sell new cars mostly.
>>
>>1082002
>local businesses who would like a high end business car

Uber drivers, they range from shitty toyotas to the premium service. If you live in a somewhat nice area there are bounds to be a shit ton of them. The guys around where I live use Tesla Model S and cars like BMW 7 series for the Premium Uber service.
>>
>>1082002

Salesman here.

Walk in.

Introduce yourself, state your purpose, then drop off a business card. Repeat until you have sales. This is not complicated.
>>
Have you read the Millionaire Next Door? Rich people don't want to buy your cars, people who want to seem rich do. Maybe impressing clients, seeming important, that kind of thing. I would pick up that book for some suggestions.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.