[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you save up money /biz/? The more I read about investing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: saveup.jpg (75KB, 569x398px) Image search: [Google]
saveup.jpg
75KB, 569x398px
How do you save up money /biz/?

The more I read about investing the more insane the very idea sounds like to me.

Before putting it in the bank you might aswell put your money bellow your mattress, which would propably be safer and the % you get on them is just as low.

Is there a effective methode to financially secure your future or save up for a car/ house etc.?
>>
>>1081999
>save an appropriate amount for you
>invest the rest
>>
>>1081999
Don't stay with cash for too long

Yes definitely save, but place your money in good investments.

There are tons of good books out there discussing basic investments that can supplement your portfolio and fight off inflation

(keep in mind inflation is 3% a year, so start it ASAP)
>>
>>1082000
>>1082004

Whenever I read about peoples investments they always seem to lose money of the course of many many years.

Of course that greatly dependant of what they invested in, which is another dilemma.

In what should I invest? How much?
And I assume its a real pain in the ass to always keep track on the stats.

Though quit honestly, I would do it if I had a partner of sorts.
>>
>>1081999
Save enough to live off of and invest what you have left over. People put too much value on money and the dumb shit you end up buying with it. Investing is a risk but it pays off better than video games and clothes that most of us waste our extra money on. My roommate is like you, thinks investing is insane. She spends all of her money on clothes and partying then bitches that I have 60 grand I've managed to earn sitting in my savings account that I won't lend to her.

Learn to invest op, after a few years it will pay off if you made profitable choices.
>>
>>1082027
I read about investment every now and then, follow the news and pick up financial magazines whenever I get my hands on one of them.

Still I would say I know jackshit about investing, so how do I "learn" it?

Close my eyes, put my finger on something and throw 50€ at it to see what happends?
>>
>>1082037
Get a paper account. It's a practice account for investing. It's a good way to get your feet wet without losing real money. I think that would help a lot. Investopedia is great for learning too.

Learn to not be upset about losing money too. It's hard to do but it makes trading so much easier when you aren't stressing over losses.
>>
step 1: live within your means so you don't go into debt
step 2: put your money into stock that yields dividends, not a bank.
step 3: reinvest those dividends into more stock so you'll get exponential returns.
>>
>>1081999
research index fund. it yields market return and it's completely passive so you don't need to research individual companies. a reputable company is vanguard. they have low expense ratio.
>>
>>1081999

It's a luxury of people who make $100k+ a year.

Pretty hard to "save" when your income barely meets your expenses every month. And even if you did save $100 - $200 every month, it will hardly mean shit in the long run.

It's people that can save $10k+ a year that are really putting away for a future.
>>
>>1082020
>In what should I invest? How much?

Look at what is happening in the world and make a decision. Rapefugees flooding into europe? Buy some stock in european gun dealerships. Queerfaggotry on the rise? Buy some stock in dragon dildos.

How much? Whatever you don't need for immediate expenses.
>>
>>1082122
> Buy some stock in european gun dealerships
God damn why didn't I?
I now for a fact that stores in Germany for example can't even keep up with the amount of orders for peper spray and stuff like that.

That stuff currently sells like mad.
>>
>>1082082
>Pretty hard to "save" when your income barely meets your expenses every month. And even if you did save $100 - $200 every month, it will hardly mean shit in the long run.

>middle/lower class people actually believe this shit
>>
>>1082082
I'm saving $13k/year off of just over $50k. Once I get everything paid off, maybe hit $70k in a few years, it's going to be crazy money. I'd like to be able to retire by 40. I'll probably keep working but fuck it, I can take a year off here and there, become a teacher, janitor, high school girls volleyball coach, whatever.

Keep expenses low, that's the game. My parents never made $50k combined and it was a family of 5. Single person and $70k is plenty in most of the US if you let go of your elitist attitudes about living in a certain area.

Example being NYC. it's expensive but there are people living off of minimum wage. How? Shit apartment and a couple roommates. Spending 30% of income on rent is entirely a choice.
>>
>>1082082
Google "early retirement extreme" and check if you really are as thrifty as you claim
>>
>>1082140
Please enlighten me then.
>>
>>1082177
Yeah where is my "become a millionaire by saving 100$ each month before you die" strategy?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.