[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cam Newton's Earnings Tax

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: cam.jpg (22KB, 430x270px) Image search: [Google]
cam.jpg
22KB, 430x270px
Some will say this belongs in the sports thread but I figure they're all idiots and I don't care for sports so here I am. Anyways, I read a Forbes article that ends up saying "Newton will pay California 99.6% of his Super Bowl earnings if the Panthers win. Losing means his effective tax rate will be a whopping 198.8%. Oh yeah, he will also pay the IRS 40.5% on his earnings." This just doesn't make sense to me... Why are these percentages so large and why is he paying Cali + IRS? Furthermore he just signed a $100M+ contract why are his taxes so low? I'm from Canada and know fuck all about sports so keep that in mind. Can someone explain? Thanks.
>>
Sounds like the dindu has a really bad financial advisor
>>
>>1081996
>http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2016/02/03/california-taxes-will-eat-up-all-of-cam-newtons-super-bowl-earnings/#2715e4857a0b323cedc350a6

Link to article

>http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2014/01/27/new-jersey-taxes-could-eat-up-all-of-peyton-mannings-super-bowl-earnings/#2715e4857a0b597f06c94c32

Link to another article referenced in the initial article you gazed through.

Reading comprehension and thorough reading is a very important part in business. I would be wrong in depriving you of this learning lesson. You're welcome.
>>
>>1081996
Black people are bad with money for the most part.
>>
I read just fine partner. Are they saying the percentages are based solely on how much he would earn over x amount of days for the superbowl alone? Like yearly tax amount divided by Superbowl earnings?
>>
>>1081996
That's how much he's taxed just out of his super bowl bonus
Not his annual tax rate
His bonus for the super bowl is like $160,000 and he owes like $150,000
>>
Yes they are bad with money but he has a degree in accounting i'm pretty sure lol
>>
>>1082061
so... Cali and NJ just have super high separate tax rates for bs bonus earnings directly relating to the Superbowl?
>>
>>1082068
No it has nothing to do with tax rates
regardless of whether he wins or loses he owes $160,000 for the year because of his other income
>>
>>1082072
Yeah I didn't think so. Like I said before, the percentages come from win or lose superbowl earnings divided by full year tax dollars? Those tax dollars being STATE tax right? (paying cali) and then the 40% IRS is federal/income tax?
>>
>>1081996

a 40% tax rate is pretty standard for the $500k+ a year crowd.

Meh, I don't feel sorry for them.
>>
>>1082059
By asking that, clearly you did not read just fine and I'd advise a second read through including the additional article.

I found both answers within the article.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.