[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Followup thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: rainBattle2_a.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rainBattle2_a.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Hi /biz/. A few days ago I posted here asking for tips on marketing a video game I made, how to deal with the anxiety of having your work judged by the public, and how to deal with negativity directed at your product over social media. I expected to be completely shit on, but everyone was actually extremely supportive and helpful. So I'm just coming back to say thanks, and that your advice helped me build enough confidence to put everything out there and start trying to build a fanbase.

I left a couple questions unanswered in the first thread so I'll wrap them up now.

One anon told me the camera movement was jerky and disorienting, and directed me to a helpful gamasutra link. So I've attached a webm of me playing through the same area, but with a new and improved camera system. Check it out if you're still here.

A couple of other anons asked if I have a twitter account for the game. I finally made one, here you go.
>https://twitter.com/WAYof_theRED

I guess that's it. Once again, thank you /biz/. Hopefully soon this kind of thing will be second nature to me.
>>
>>1081496
I remember that thread, and I'm glad you're putting it out there. Is your game a Metroidvania, or a straight up level-based platformer?
>>
Hey I'm a nigger but what did you use to code this? If I wanted to learn how to code something like this what or where would I start?

Thanks
>>
>>1081533
flashdevelop might be good or code.org there are a lot of resources out there, if you're not going to community college to learn it might take longer, but if you are persistent you will find yourself on reddit and /g/ discussing it the the programming community over the internet and things
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.