[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Ideas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: tmp_30672-20PDQOZ1370636424.jpg (66KB, 433x768px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30672-20PDQOZ1370636424.jpg
66KB, 433x768px
Business ideas that you haven't put into action yet:

1. Dating app/site without photos.
2. Fashion guide based on google searches for items etc. in your area.
3. Note sharing website for the NZ uni market.

What about you?
>>
File: Hipster Fox.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster Fox.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>1081160

I'm working on a social manipulation gig. Like pretending to be feminist or gay to have a bunch of core followers and then advertise things to them to raise money for this and that.
>>
>>1081160
>1. Dating app/site without photos.

That is the worst idea I have ever heard.
>>
>>1081244
I thought of a variation of this idea, but I don't think it's wise to share
>>
>>1081160

Tinder is a good idea, but i think we need people to post videos of themselves doing shit. Pictures really aren't representative at all of who you are dealing with

less body language information
no speech
inaccurate visual of who they are (usually)

Surprised how this hasn't been done familia
>>
>>1081248
Go for it.
>>
>>1081244
It will attract people who view themselves as non superficial. And those who are adventurous etc.

I think its a good idea. Imagine if you had to sell yourself with words and not your abs.
>>
been thinking about getting into the t-shirt game. either personally print or outsource print some t shirt ideas, then go all out on instagram, getting some friends to model for me. thinking about going to local art shows and setting up a booth. im hispanic and i already know the girls that go to those things are chicana feminists and shit and would probably eat it up if i had some shirts that represented their cause. i wouldnt know how to break into selling online, i need to read up on internet marketing
>>
Yo can someone develop software for dry cleaners? I was at Martinizing the other day and their shit still runs on XP. XP! And they're like the biggest name in dry cleaning. There HAS to be potential there.
>>
File: [email protected] (495KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
9996B6C4-DD58-4515-8F0F-DFF41A20299B@hitronhub.jpg
495KB, 2500x2500px
I'll post my ideas, which I'll probably never do, but in case someone wants to, I have business plans for the first 2.

>Take Care Packages - monthly essentials delivered to your door. Can add expansion packs as an add-on to your essentials. People get mystery gifts from time to time on expansion packs which can include books, etsy stuff, things we found cool or helpful, items to match expansion box or customer profile

>SideQuest/HelpingHand - GTA in real life. People complete "quests" for money/stated reward. Quests are requests from people (i.e. Need help moving, general labour etc) and include time limit, category, reward, description of task, cost to complete task (cost will be paid by individual). Individuals can accept quests they are offered. Companies can register and advertise their company to have extra features (i.e. Top of category, special title, etc.). Questers level up as they take more quests and get more features/incentives. It'll be similar to an uber business model.

>Brain Alert - Simple alarm clock where you must solve a puzzle, quiz or question to disable the alarm. Can be math equation, chess, puzzle, skill game like tap screen x times or rhythm, etc. User sets the options and difficulty level they would like.

I really like these ideas and I realize there are competitors to some of these ideas (like taskrabbit) but I think I could do these ideas better. I wish I could do them, but would be happy if it ever actually happened.
>>
>>1081169
its already been done
>anita sarkeesian
>>
>>1081160
Dating app/site with dick photos only
>>
>>1081466
im a biz student and im p sure SideQuest exists already, their only limitation is to whats legal and they do p much what you tell them for that price, its great

Take Care Package i dont like for some reason. Too many competitors

Brain Alert. Would be fun in practice only if it was integrated already in a phone system
>>
>>1081466
>Brian Alert.
I use Sleep like Android which has features like that.

I quite like Side Quest, but I can think of so many problems of why it wouldn't work...
>>
>>1081466
All of those have already been done to death
>>
>>1081466
Why would people want some standard package when their needs probably change from time to time and is hard to calculate?
>>
>>1082194
the only one i could find that works is taskrabbit, which you pay hourly for

I haven't found anything similar to the care packages, other than dollarshaveclub or those ipsy packages

amazon does have a subscription service though, and my competitors would be grocery stores

>>1082205
i used something similar to sleep like android which tracks your sleeping pattern. I was thinking more of a mental wake up, kinda like doing crosswords or sudoku in the morning

What would be the issue with SideQuest? It would use a rating system where the customer can add qualities they expect of the quester, like level, quality, if they need any special skills, etc.

>>1082210
There's always room for innovation

>>1082212
People have brand loyalty, it's a monthly package, you'd be able to unsubscribe if you need it changed. We'd also offer care packages
>>
>>1081342
>It will attract people who view themselves as non superficial. And those who are adventurous etc.

Those people will suddenly become superficial and non-adventurous when their matched up with living monstrosity. Like it or not looks play a huge part in attraction, this isn't a pg-13 movie for gods sake.
>>
>>1081382
Companies don't like to upgrade if they don't have to because it costs them 100s of thousands to do so.

A lot of military programs run on Windows XP for that same reason. When I was in they even had one system that ran on Windows 98.
>>
>>1081160

To my understanding, OKC tried it and it was a disaster. People started hitting it off like crazy . . until they saw each other.
>>
I have been thinking about 3 things right now.

First one
>A business where I can install locked boxes, sort of like lockers around cities.
>These can then be used for laundry cleaning or delivery of meals to these boxes
>Client goes to boxes on his street
>Messages the service his Registation number and box number he wants to access and what he is using it for and what precisely he wants done
>For example #123456 Box #44 Laundry #Dry clean
>that automatically uses a system to then give him the pass code for the box
>Assign laundry service to pick it up, clean it, then put it back and message him its done

Something like this but for many services. I am not sure what else. But I believe a service like this could be very good.

>Recently had to buy a muzzle for my whippet due to nipping dogs to much
>Wanted to buy one that was none threatening and somewhat cute
>None sold anywhere
>I now want to start making cute ones for dogs such as muzzles with those trendy moustaches and other junk people will buy for their dogs

Then that leads me to 3
>Moving into a new apartment soon with balcony
>Use a pee pad/box for dogs to pee on
>Smells VERY VERY quickly even with constant cleaning
>the dam box cost me $300 for a pos plastic shit
>There is exists nothing better
>I want to develop a dog toilet system which will drain into the downpipes of a balcony or other area which can then have a hose connected to clean it on a timer
>It will be elevated off the ground for water and rain to go under it and will be built with stainless steel

Thoughts?
>>
He local hardware store just went into receivership and it is opposite a school and a new estate. There is no gym for 10 min drive. I want to rent the building get some matts and hire someone to do fitness classes for all of the mums who drop their kids off to school, then expand to become a gym leasing the equipement. The building is not up for lease yet, but as he owner just went broke you might get it cheap. Waiting to see how much it is, I probabally won't do anything though.
>>
Was thinking about contracting out the room to a masuer too. It is next to a coffe shop, mums love spending their husbands money of coffee massages and trying to not be fat
>>
>>1082560
If you've ever watched shark tank, there's an app called Doorman that does something similar to your idea in chicago, new york and san fransico (and expanding)

It's such a simple but great idea desu
>>
>>1082560
>>1082565

sorry just read your 3rd idea, if you've ever watched shark tank, they have fresh patch which is similar to that idea lol

I think you should watch shark tank
>>
>>1082560
#1 sounds like a bad idea. I would use it, you would use it, but, without trying to offend, the average person is not an internet savvy recluse with too much disposable income. And you need to combine all three conditions to get a customer. Why would a mom use the box, instead of just going to the store? Why would you drop off laundry there instead of just using a washer/laundromat? I honestly can't see it working.

#2 is super good idea, I honestly think it can make you a millionaire. Go for it. You have to
1) make several really cool designs
2) have really strong marketing
3) have good scaling distribution and production
Idea - make 3D designs, such as a rhino horn. Maybe 3D print part of the muzzle.

Dunno about #3, you have to do a fuck ton of market research to make an informed decision.
>>
>>1082565
>doorman
Well that ideas gone now
>>1082568
Well cya later that idea then
>>1082569

I will be honest #2 was my main idea that I was interested in doing.
I looked for a good 10-12 hours over the pan of a week for a muzzle which would not only be comfortable for my dog but was not threatening.

Everyone was either like a steel/plastic cage over the dog or was this one that made an attempt to be more "friendly" looking but was made of nylon that kept the dogs mouth from even opening. It was horrendous and just horrible for the dog which the reviews reflected.

I was thinking of making some prototypes by modifying some current ones then maybe trying to make them myself to see how it goes. I am pretty dam sure people will buy them.

Everyone who has to buy a muzzle for a none aggressive dog doesn't want people to be scarred of it and this is exactly what they will buy.
>>
>>1082585

Incorrect.

The muzzle has more than 1 purpose.

It's a muzzle yeah, but it also tells other dog owners

>DONT COME NEAR ME AND MY DOG.

Plenty of people buy them for non aggressive dogs just for that reason.

Also, it's dangerous to have an aggressive dog when it isn't OBVIOUS that it's aggressive
>>
>>1082568
Just looked into Fresh Patch
This is not what I was picturing.
I believe mine would be better.

Mine would be a stainless steelsystem which is lifted off the ground which directs all urine into the drains. The uine is constantly flushed off the plastic grass and out of the tube into the drain with a house on a timer.

This is superior because it's automatic, won't need constant maintenance and much better quality. I was even thinking of going one step further and using very aesthetic materials materials and charging much more.
>>
>>1081160
>fat bitches and neckbeards-R-Us

You're an idiot.
>>
>>1082603
I understand they have many uses. For aggression, barking, washing dogs and even racing.

I am well aware. I am just saying for my situation where the dog is not aggressive it just nips other small dogs during play.

Many cattle dogs, working dogs, racing dogs and hunting dogs. So many dogs nip and can nip a bit to hard which then require a muzzle so they don't get carried away during play.

The reason why I say the nylon ones were horrendous was because it did not even allow the dogs to drink water, pant or bark. pic related. The only "friendly" muzzles are this one shown and some duck one which is even worse.
>>
File: front_sticker.jpg (335KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
front_sticker.jpg
335KB, 3000x3000px
>>1081160
cologne for 12-16 year old 9-gagers
>>
I have too many ideas, so here is one that you can use if you want:
-You know how there is noise cancelling speakers, and how there are drivers that can turn large panels into speakers, well combine those, so that the windows or walls of your house are actively noise cancelling. (Would work in cars too I guess.)
>>
File: 1453815415707.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453815415707.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>1081466
Why is it that 99% of other people's ideas always sound like utter dogshit? I think I've heard 1 good one in the year I've been on this board.

Seriously, I could diarrhea out a better idea than this.
>>
>>1082726
Try it.
>>
- A personalized automated tutoring system for physics (not connecting to a human tutor, but a computer tutor)
- A website for sharing/storing wysiwyg tex/latex/math documents
- A math keyboard website, with some keys for typing math quickly (like vim) and other keys for an integrated CAS system (solve for x automatically, but easy to use, no learning curve like Mathematica)
- A website with all the ELO ratings of top melee players (I like to watch melee, but this could be expanded to other games as well). Very niche but would get a super strong following.
- A restaurant where the chefs help you cook things
- A school that pays you to attend, but in return outsources technical problems from businesses
- Uber for running errands (go get me an oil change, and buy some milk from the store)
>>
>>1082741
> - A restaurant where the chefs help you cook things

Damn. That's a good one.
>>
>>1082753
That's probably why it already exists. It's no use coming up with idea alone in your basement if you don't know enough about the world around you to know if you're the first with such an idea.

A lot of "things" exist but we simply know nothing about them. If you can't be bothered to even do a quick Google search after something popped in your head, good luck with the execution, which is the biggest and most complex part of a project.
>>
An app where you have to pick which of several business pitches was a success in real life.

or an app/game where you start entrepreneurial businesses and get btfo if you're shit, possibly in hilarious fashion
>>
>>1081302
this is an interesting idea

vine+tinder, basically
>>
>>1081160
>fashion guise based on Google searches around your area

Because I want to dress like literally everybody else around my area.

Also, something called going outside works the same way
>>
>>1082550
It's quite a good idea, actually. Dry cleaning software can't be that complicated and there's presumably minimal competition. The main barrier to upgrade in those sorts of businesses is not cost but familiarity.

>>1081382
Price it reasonably and market aggressively and a company with a good product could probably take over this entire sector.
>>
>>1082560
Anything related to domestic pet print money
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.