[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dentistry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: dentist.jpg (227KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
dentist.jpg
227KB, 1600x1067px
I'm wondering what /biz/ is thinking about becoming a male dentist.
Any pros, cons. Really interested in your opinions.
>pic related
>>
and instabump
>>
>>1080505

What enjoyment will you be getting from it that offsets having to deal with people's disgusting mouths and being bit by children all day?
>>
>>1080508
their smile after all procedures?

I think the best enjoyment is realizing u made somebody really happy.

And $$$?
>>
Is this a real question or are you just piggy back shit posting off the male nurse thread? Both?

Dentistry is good as long as you go to a school that doesn't financially bend you over. The prices of dental schools vary a lot, and you don't want to be one of the retards that goes 200k-300k in debt for it.
>>
>>1080515
>I think the best enjoyment is realizing u made somebody really happy.

No one's happy after they see the bill
>>
File: грустн.jpg (26KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
грустн.jpg
26KB, 332x332px
>>1080516
both. You`re right.

My country offers totally free education, if i pass my exams good enough. I will even get some money each month.
>>
>>1080524

If you're getting free education and your country isn't some shit hole where doctors make $3USD/hr, then there's not reason not to.
>>
>>1080526
$3USD/hr. Yes. I think even less, in average.

:`(

Is there a real chance to move to another country to work, after or while getting education in cheap country.

Also: Ukraine. Before 2014 salaries were enough, but they are falling down each year.
>>
File: kitty.png (170KB, 265x291px) Image search: [Google]
kitty.png
170KB, 265x291px
>>1080536
since humans are the same all around the world
>>
Pros: Making a lot of money

Cons: Working as a dentist
>>
>>1080536
>Ukraine

This isn't even a real country. The country and its history was entirely made up.
>>
File: йоба.jpg (7KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
йоба.jpg
7KB, 100x100px
>>1080544
rusfag in thread?

It's like Russia, but with slightly another culture, language, no oil and no nuclear weaponry(since 1990, huh)
>>
>>1080549
It was all made up.

Pls bring over more Ukrainian prostitutes though.
>>
File: mega grustn.jpg (147KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
mega grustn.jpg
147KB, 800x500px
the question is still up

Is there any chance to move to some notpoor coutry and work here as a dentist?
>>
>>1080563
No civilized country recognizes Ukrainian degrees, especially in something medical.

Maybe move to Canada/US and get a degree there.
>>
My friend is in his third year of being a dentist and Just made the equivalent of his fathers retirement account in profit in one year.
>>
>>1080505
Its depressing would be a con. Go look at the suicide rate
>>
>>1080580
Its not the job thats depressing. Its the soul crushing realization that money just amplifies what kind of person you are.

So you were a piece of shit now you're a piece of shit with tons of money to empower your bbad decisions
>>
>>1080598
This. Every dentist makes choices between their clients teeth and their pocketbook.

If a microcavity appears to be forming, is it better to drill and charge now, or wait and see if it heals on its own? Waiting = no money.

Should most expensive procedure be suggested and performed? Less expensive = less money.

Should the fillings be put deeper? Next time - likely a root canal = more money.

Dentists who are pieces of shit are acutely aware of their own nature.
>>
>>1080618
>Tfw you never know if your dentist is trying to scam you or if there really is a problem
>>
>>1080565
is there any way to pass exams there so i get licence?

Because US/Canada degree prices are crazy.

as anon wrote bit higher, 200 000$

Its 1000 times average country salary!
>>
>>1080625
salary per month, ofc
>>
>>1080524
>if i pass my exams good enough
>pass my exams good enough
>good enough
I think you may be dreaming a bit large, anon. I'm guessing dental hygienist is a more plausible stretch goal.
>>
>>1080625
>Because US/Canada degree prices are crazy.
>as anon wrote bit higher, 200 000$
>Its 1000 times average country salary!

If you're a domestic student in Canada the prices are very modest compared to the US. They're probably cheaper even for international students.

But the thing is that it's accredited. No one knows what some Ukrainian Village dental school is but everyone knows what Dental schools in US/Canada are. Plus you'll actually be making good money
>>
>>1080505
My parents are dentists. You should specialize if you want to make any money. Don't be a general dentist because you will be force to work for a large group that pays you shit all. Also be prepared to get paid for about 60% of the work you do. Insurance companies are literal aids. The most important part is keeping overhead low and being efficient with you time. I would recommend going to seminars on how to run your office, There was one called like "4 million$ practice" or something
>>
>>1080598
>money just amplifies what kind of person you are.
Is this what poor people thing?

Stop being such a fucking drama queen.
>>
>>1080618
that's not true you autist. Those dentists don't last long. believe it or not they get fucked over quickly with mal practice.
>>
>>1080624
Yup. Thats why I don't go to sole proprietor dentists. They have loans out of the ass, staff payments, car payments... whatever. My teeth are not their priority. I go to a "chain" clinic at high end malls where the dentists are employees and get a salary regardless so there is less incentive to fuck up my teeth.
>>
>>1080643
>>1080648
How do I tell if my dentist is scamming me?

I honestly feel like they just made up that I have a couple cavities and drilled around to pretend to be working on something last time.
>>
>>1080648
I don't give a fuck how long they last. If he lasts one single day and thats the day he fucks up my teeth, guess what - the damage has already been done. Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>1080649
good idea

I'll switch dentists I guess
>>
>>1080650
pro tip, don't go to asian or indian dentists. they usually do this shit.
>>
>>1080641
oh, that was an insult about village (3kk+ people in my city)

But anyway ure right that nobody knows what our universities are
>>
>>1080515
let's be real here, you couldn't give a flying fuck about some randys teeth

>muh rewarding profession

you just want $, and you will probably never be a dentist for this reason. But hey, most people going to medical school for this or w/e are obv there because

>hurrrrrrrrrr doctor = money = status
>>
>>1080517
also this, once people begin to realise that crooked teeth isnt a genetic condition dentists/orthodontists will slowly go out of business (also artifical intelligence) will change medicine and doctors will slowly become irrelevant
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.