[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm a 28 year old NEET that hasn't had a job since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: taxes.jpg (54KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
taxes.jpg
54KB, 600x399px
So I'm a 28 year old NEET that hasn't had a job since my teens and has been living off of inheritance.

I worked as a teen and filed taxes once, went to college, and then had a lot depressing shit happen and just went completely off the grid for almost a decade.

I've done a few odd jobs over the years, but they always paid in cash and I never made more than 2k at the most on any given year.

I've never had an actual income, but I've also never filed taxes. I've never had the IRS contact me either, but I was told that filing now would cause a shit storm.

How fucked am I if I file taxes in my current state with no income and just ~50k in the bank that is all inheritance?

Who do I go to talk to about getting this fixed so that I don't end up owing them massive amounts in penalties?
>>
Well, you've had no income. Unless you've owed taxes for capital gains (presumably since you've had a lump of money in savings lol) or some other property, then nothing to worry about.
>>
>>1080446

I don't have any capital gains and the house I live in is an 80k paid for home that my parents owned

The inheritance wasn't that much at all, and it's easy to live off of it because the house is paid for.

Is there a way to file stating that I have had no income for this long?
>>
>>1080452
Quit worrying, the government knows you haven't had a job. You're not going to get in trouble. If you're super worried go talk to a tax attorney, most will give you a first time meeting for free. They are going to tell you the same though.
>>
>>1080481

So am I not racking up penalties for simply not filing anything?

I'd like to get a job soon, just so that I can start a roth ira
>>
>>1080452

You don't make enough money for them to care.

Don't worry about it.
>>
>>1080499

So say in another year or so I finally start making bank.

How fucked am I that I filed my first return in 10 years?

Is that just a guaranteed audit waiting to happen?
>>
>>1080511
>So say in another year or so I finally start making bank.

Yeah but that's not even remotely going to happen, so don't worry about it.
>>
>>1080525

Lets just assume a regular McJob then
>>
>>1080533
Why do you think they would come after you? What do you have that they could claim you didn't pay taxes on?
>>
>>1080540

I'm not asking about not paying, I have nothing to pay.

My question is simply about not filing taxes, which I was told is required by law, even if you're unemployed or make shit money.
>>
>>1080547

Okay, it's not fair to keep stringing you along like this.

You're going to go to prison, anon. You will get put away for a long, long time.

I'm sorry.
>>
>>1080562

Thank you, that's all I needed to know

I'm currently boarding the plane to Mexico now

Adios my anon brother
>>
>>1080443
Uh yeh no. If you were paid cash then its sketchy but no "shitstorm" will happen , if they had a paper trail or reason to be suspicious they woulf jave already contacted you

The 50k inheritance was taxed before you got it. They already know about it and its yours

Out of curiosity how much was the inheritance originally? I just want a little schadenfreude when you reveal you started with enough to retire / make huge amounts of passive income and then pjssed it away on hours of vidya and taco bell
>>
>>1080547
You were told wrong kek.
>>
>>1080547
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=if+i+don%27t+make+money+do+i+have+to+file+taxes
>>
>>1080575

The original inheritance was only 70k and I still have 50k of it.

I have basically no expenses

The cash jobs were all under the table and all just manual labor for one day kinda things.
>>
>>1080443
Pick up the phone and call them. No, a SWAT team wont burst through your door afterwards
>>
>>1080636
This.

The IRS want your ass paying them, so they're willing to talk to you. They don't get paid if you're in jail, and in fact will be paying for you instead. Simply pick up the phone, call in and ask questions on everything you want answered and they'll more than likely send you in several different directions to get those answers. Or, failing that, they'll just send you a shit ton of information.
>>
>>1080856
I got audited for the mileage deduction on my business
>the IRS really isn't that brilliant, I miscaluclated my cost basis by 5k, realized it as I was going over my records with the agent, but she forgot the next meeting
>she miscalculated my penalty, i pointed it out to her, and she was like lol
>80% of an audit is browsing 4chan while they type stuff into the computer, if you're not a crook/falsifying records they're pretty human and will work with you

shout out to the exclusively chink, pooinloos and sandniggers on ebay who cancelled orders after paying for them, causing me 30k in returns on my Schedule C which triggered my audit.
>>
>>1080452
You may have to pay property taxes on the house, but that doesn't have to do with your IRS filings.
>>
>>1081329

Why do poojets do this shit so much
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.