[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should American companies, who use American resources and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: crapitalist.jpg (61KB, 690x645px) Image search: [Google]
crapitalist.jpg
61KB, 690x645px
Why should American companies, who use American resources and infrastructure, who pander to and profit off of American citizens who in turn pay them American dollars, be allowed to funnel their profits to offshore bank accounts to dodge American taxes?
>>
>>1080374
Because that's the free market, bitch
>>
>>1080378
wewlad great argument
>>
>>1080374
I studied tax law. And I firmly believe the American government can stop that practise by passing a single bill. In fact, all governments who complain about international tax schemes can fix their problem in a week.

But they don't want to. They are afraid the business might leave their country. So instead of fixing the problem themselves, they intimidate smaller countries, or so called tax havens, to adjust their laws. They want small countries to scare their business away so the big ones don't have to.

At the same time, the UK and the United States, who both complain about tax havens, have their own little tax haven states and Islands. But those aren't a big deal of course.

The reason why companies often pay so few taxes in the so called tax havens often isn't even a problem caused by the tax havens themselves. It's the incompatibility of two tax systems that gets abused. A lot of businesses settle in the Netherlands for example, while local business in the Netherlands pay fairly high taxes. But in the Netherlands a mother and daughter companies are seen as one, so you can easily transfer profits between the two. So people put daughter companies in all kinds of countries and funnel money between them through their mother company. Does that mean the Netherlands is a tax haven? They don't even profit from it, so not really. But getting rid of the system would mess up their entire tax system.

But if the USA passes a law that would be incompatible with funnelling profits away then the problem would be solved instantly. Or if you focus on paying taxes at the cash register instead of at the top. You really don't have to bully small countries for it, but that's easier to sell to the public. "We can't do anything about it, it's all their fault."
>>
>>1080374
Nothing is stopping you from transferring your money to an offshore account.

btw you still have to pay taxes
>>
>>1080374
They are already taxed for using US resources and infrastructure, a business on US soil employing 100s of citizens is hard to miss.

What the US government wants to do is tax 2 businesses playing ping pong with balls of cash on an island that isn't even their territory. Apparently they think they deserve a cut every time someone transfers money to someone else even though most of the time the desire for repeat business is enough to prevent fraud and the government isn't needed.
>>
>>1080378
Ok Jesse
>>
No corporation has ever paid a cent of tax. You, the consume, pay it for them.
>>
>>1080374
Honestly I don't get why everyone is so pro tax. I don't blame the rich for not wanting to give the Washington retards more money. If I ever became rich I'd do the exact same thing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.