[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investment company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (414KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
414KB, 750x1334px
Any real estate investors here? Been working my way up partnering with investors in new projects and trying to scale up. Would love to chat about personal experiences in the space
>>
>>1079936
I used to be a partner on what is now a publically listed REIT

AMA if u want
>>
>>1079938

Awesome! Just curious how did the company secure most of its lending in the initial stages? Through personal lenders or commercial loans/ mortgages?
>>
>>1079942
Selling shares.
It basically got to big for me to have any meaningful control over what was happening as my vote made little to no difference so I sold the rest of my portion and so did a bunch of other little guys and then the few big partners went public.
>>
>>1079944
Gotcha, I'm still at the point where I'm taking on loans through investors, definitely much too small to ever start selling shares. (Only 50 units under ownership/ 12 rehabbed and rented)

What's your background/ how did you get involved?
>>
>>1079953
It sounds like you are on your way with 50 units

Had a business degree, ran in to money from a rich uncles that died, bought real estate and rented it out, me and a few of my wealthy friends went in on some big real estate, not your usual apartment complex. We made a lot of profit leasing to big players and then more and more people wanted to buy their way in and basically it got overrun by 100 millionaires and making my vote shit so I left.

I didn't start up the hard way like you probably have, I was just lucky to run in to money and was smart to invest it.
>>
>>1079962
Yeah trying to hit 200 by 30, but the number of deals in my area has gone to crap in the last 4-5 months. Thinking the certain parts of the Midwest are tapped out at this point, though I'm hoping that's not so just the time of year
>>
>>1079969
Just trying to scope out your position atm

Do you hire someone else to manage it for you, do you have a few assistants to help deal with shitty clients.

Are you going to set up almost like a real estate place/long term where you can advertise your properties?

I had one in a shoppingish area just cuz it had good growth potential and I just made it like a place for clients to pay so I could hire less assistants running around chasing rent.
>>
>>1079969
Btw, don't force out deals to fill a quota, better to stay small and efficient imo, that u are really a small business owner.
>>
>>1079936
How does someone get into real-estate? How do you go about getting the money to buy homes to flip?

I don't think it's something I'd be good at but I'm still curious how you start out.
>>
File: 5555165052_bf965cf465_o.jpg (619KB, 1684x1878px) Image search: [Google]
5555165052_bf965cf465_o.jpg
619KB, 1684x1878px
>>1080015
goto the bookstore and you'll find an entire aisle of just real estate investment books. Sit there and read as long as you can. Rinse and repeat. Once you get the gist of it from reading, then join a local real estate investors club and look for somebody there to mentor you. Tell them you want to be a birddog. Remember that term, birddog. That's how you'll get your foot in.
If you're serious about real estate, take a local realtor salesperson course. Maybe even an appraisers course if you can find one you can afford. I've done all of the above and that's how I became an expert. You have to be always talking to everyone, handing out cards all the time, and constantly hunting for a deal. And most important, when you find an opportunity, you have to be ready to pull the trigger.
>>
I have personally built a portfolio of 11 properties, which generate enough to cover both the loan/interest and then some reasonable profit. (Which I plough back in.) My question is how do you go from that point to attracting investors? I would like to step up, but I seem to be missing the info on structures/proposals etc. Are there resources for this out there?
>>
Is Mr REIT still around?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.