[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about APICS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Apics.jpg (13KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
Apics.jpg
13KB, 308x164px
What is the /biz/ consensus on APICS and their CPIM certification?

It sounds like a scam to me - I should know, since my mother is involved in the organization. They 'sell' courses to people (usually people in logistics management) in order to prepare them for a test (made and administered by APICS) to receive a certification (from APICS). I don't trust my mother telling me how 'great it is and how employers love seeing it on your resume and they think it is very prestigious!' since her job depends on selling these courses (plus the field I wish to enter has nothing to do with logistics).
>>
>>1079176
From what I hear ya moms is probably on to something in regards to résumé building. It's nice to have but probably not that vital. People here will say not its not needed and they'd be right too. There are positions at my company that require it to progress. If you can get it just get it.
>>
>>1079176
I have the CSCP certification. The certification is desireable by employers during the hiring process, but I didn't learn much in the way of new skills because of it. The credits to keep it current are annoying, but not a huge problem.

Bottom line, if you're looking for a job it's good to have, if not it really doesn't do you much good.
>>
It's useless.

Unless you're planning on entering the very specific supply-chain management (which most people are promoted into, rather than entering), pretty useless. Plus what they teach is pointless and basic stuff which they like to disguise with long words to make it appear complex.

In other words, pretty much a scam.
>>
>>1081835
This. Right on the nose.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.