[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Financial transaction tax: Death knell for some, harmless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Elsa_remembering_the_past.png (179KB, 567x250px) Image search: [Google]
Elsa_remembering_the_past.png
179KB, 567x250px
Financial transaction tax: Death knell for some, harmless in others.

Discuss.
>>
Tried in SWEDEN YES and crashed their stock and bond markets with no survivors.
>>
>>1078699
I can't stress enough how severely retarded of an idea that is. I'm very moderate but I might even vote for a Republican as right wing as Trump if Bernie gets the nomination.
>>
>>1078962
>>1078964
Why did it fuck Sweden over but did nothing for the UK, Finland or Singapore?
>>
>>1079055
Also, how does a tax as small as between 0 and 1% have any effect?
>>
>>1079058

Makes high-frequency small margin trading less attractive. A 0.5% tax means you have to be confident of doing better to make the transaction worthwhile, and promotes longer-term buy and hold investing.
>>
>>1078964
>I'm very moderate
>as right wing as Trump
lmao
>>
>>1078962
>crashed their stock and bond markets with no survivors
And this is bad for the average person because...

>inb4 hurr durr, muh retirement, muh insurance
Just put it in a savings account, dumbass.
>>
>>1079089
Yes, it is moderate. Going with the less extreme candidate regardless of the direction of that extremity is the moderate choice. There's no presidential candidate more extremist than Bernie Sanders. It's very simple friend.
>>
>>1079093
401k based off of the stock market that they need for their retirement. It's not good news when the stock market is going down
>>
>>1079127
So why not just put your retirement savings into a savings account?
>>
>>1079135

You know that low risk savings accounts are paying out at about the rate of inflation? You can thank rock-bottom interest rates for that.
>>
>>1079135
Savings accounts only give a return because the bank can use that money to invest through big four IB firms. Add this transaction tax and banks savings accounts crash into nothing; they're already below 1% in the USA.
>>
>>1079155
Less than inflation. Service charges and usury are huge parasites on any monetary system.
>>
>>1079245
Money market accounts can be over inflation as long as this bill doesn't pass. US inflation is 0.7% right now and my money market account is 0.9% and insured up to 250k, which is the max I'd ever put in there anyways.
>>
>>1078964
Do yourself a favor and go look at the spectrum of presidential candidates. Trump isn't that far right.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.