[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is launching a venture with a roughly 95% chance of failure worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ithurts.jpg (24KB, 360x213px) Image search: [Google]
ithurts.jpg
24KB, 360x213px
Is launching a venture with a roughly 95% chance of failure worth it?
It will be starting my first non-wage potential income source.
It's website for a niche market with almost no competition.

I've already put almost all the hours in, now I just need to burn $200 to do the final steps.

I'm contemplating mostly doing it just to take the first step and get the small amount of experience that there will be in it.

Should I take the leap?
>>
>>1077705
Will you be in debt if it fails? If not then go for it.
>>
only $200? Go for it you pussy!
>>
>>1077705
go for it otherwise you'll live through the rest of your life wondering "what if"

and plus it's only $200 lmao
>>
>>1077710
Nope

>>1077725
>>1077736
I'm a part-time retail slave & HS student. It's an entire months salary for me. Which is why this sounds like so little but in my situation it feels like a really big investment.
>>
>>1077739
Don't put so much value on your money, you'll never get anywhere if you don't take risks.

200 isn't a huge loss if you look at it over a period of time. You'll make more than that in 2 weeks at mcdonalds.
>>
>>1077739
So what are you actually asking? Get a better job and do better research until you know your investment isn't "really like totally big!"

Any idiot these days can just sell his product before actually making it. And you're a kid as well, so it's that much easier. The only way I can possibly see it ever being hard to round up 200 for a business "venture" is if your idea is so fucking trash that people would pay you to shut up about it and let it go
>>
>>1077768
If $200 is worth paying for getting my feet wet in terms of starting my own venture.

So far, an overwhelming yes it seems.
>>
>>1077705
>roughly 95% chance of failure
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT STATISTICS
I'm so tired of idiots that attribute chances to events they have no data about. Just because 95% of people fail does NOT mean YOU have a 95% chance of failure. Starting businesses is not like gambling. Outcomes are not i.i.d.
>>
>>1077783
>>1077739
>HS student
Of course I know nothing of statistics.
Thanks for the advice
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.