[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently, Energy is the worst-performing sector and everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: qv8dr6o.jpg (92KB, 534x619px) Image search: [Google]
qv8dr6o.jpg
92KB, 534x619px
Currently, Energy is the worst-performing sector and everything has pretty much lost its inflated value and contracted to their base one. If the deal for the oil production cuts is signed, the oil prices will obviously jump back to the $50-60 range (or even higher), which will bring back the sector's performance to green.
And, as everyone knows, the oil prices are highly unlikely to drop below $25, and almost impossible below $20, since that would mean bankruptcy for almost any company in that sector (without the sector having enough flexibility or time to move away from oil to renewables), which in turn means 1929 on steroids.

So, we can conclude several things from this:

>First option, go long on the energy sector, which would mean that the throughput costs for the factories will increase as the price for energy rises, lowering the profit of almost anything else and forcing a lot of companies to borrow
>Second option, go short on the energy sector and pretty much everything else, since the resulting scenario will most likely be a recession
>Third option, ignore everything else and go long in industries that are unrelated to the energy's volatile price, like Biotechnology, Banks (and the Financial sector as a whole) and possibly bet on companies like Tesla

So, which option would be the most logical step to take?
>>
>>1077438
Energy prices will continue to go lower. Look up certain Koch benchmark prices. Sour grades of oil are already trading at nearly $1.00 a barrel.

Also, to anyone on /biz/ who thinks that oil is fungible... Do some research because that model and example only made sense in a world of a few large oil fields.

So in conclusion I would go for short and medium positions in Government bonds and simply wait for the market to completely fall apart and then as my bonds mature I would start looking for potentially valuable assets and stocks at nearly the bottom of the market.
>>
>>1077491
This anon gets it.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.