[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK NEET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1454529788580.jpg (62KB, 469x627px) Image search: [Google]
1454529788580.jpg
62KB, 469x627px
I need advice on what to do to get out of this rut I'm in, I've only got £10 to my name now.

I'm 23 and been a NEET for 2.5 years. Got no education past highschool.

I've figured my best hope is to go for call centre work or look for work in a warehouse? I'm aware I have zero skills and with not having a car my work choice is extremely limited.

What is my best option here?

Ultimate goal is to work a minimum wage job whilst I get some more qualifications through night classes and eventually the open university.
>>
Jesus Christ, you're quite literally me.

Where are you from, I'll try helping you.
>>
>>1077331
Do access course, go uni, its the only way out the poverty trap
>>
>>1077331
City or country?
>>
>>1077342
>>1077337

Scotland, Edinburgh specifically

>>1077341
I'm planning on working whilst studying, can't go to uni with only £10 to my name, also at 23 the clock is ticking.
>>
>>1077351
>also at 23 the clock is ticking.
Bro im 30 and looks like I gotta do that route to get out the poverty trap. Its tougher now than when I was 23. Just gotta do it.
>>
>>1077351

For some reason I guessed Scotland, no idea why. Your best bet would be factory/warehouse work.

I've never even worked before also at 23 and next week I'm having a trial at a warehouse, they don't care about your lack of experience as long as you just go in there and carry yourself well and don't take no for an answer straight away, they won't lose anything by giving you a trial day.

I've applied to countless things over the years with no responses, I've been in person, online, on the phone, nothing. Warehouses are the only place you'll get a chance. Try applying directly and also just as an extra try recruitment agencies near you who find employees for factories and warehouses.

I live in L O N D O N so finding a warehouse job was a little tricky. My best friend up north is literally tripping in and out of low level work, he's had over 10 jobs in 6 months.
>>
>>1077331
I am a 22 year old NEET aswell , and most people from my country come to your country to work (Did it myself for 1 year) while living in a closet room with bed only and a small cabin for clothes. So stop ur whining get a minimum paid job (i worked in construction) and save that money. U dont realise how good u have having a roof on top of your head with a free meal from your parents.
>>
>>1077361

When you say contacting warehouses directly do you mean literally phoning them and asking if they have any work?
>>
>>1077393

Yes. Not as if you have any other options.

Also I forgot to mention, fucking Gumtree, its great for finding shit and is actually where I landed mine. After I applied they sent out an open invitation to just come in for semi-formal interviews. I went, talked with the guy and got a trial day coming up.

I hope Scotland isn't as bleak and depressing as I'm thinking.
>>
>>1077447

And remember my CV is likely just as horseshit as yours. The only impressive thing I have on there is talking about my investments.
>>
>>1077351
Spend £5 of that £10 on a gumtree ad

There's a looking for work section.

Put an ad up saying you're looking for work. You got to sell yourself man, guarantee you will get a call for some casual work then you'll have a bit more money
>>
If you lived in london i would say come and work for me for a couple days, but you're in scotland so you're of no use to me whatsoever.
>>
>>1077331
do some work experience OP
literally just email a shit tonne of people and explain your situation
>>
>>1077463

What sort of job are you offering?

>inb4 "blow"
>>
>Ultimate goal is to work a minimum wage job whilst I get some more qualifications through night classes and eventually the open university.

lol get a grip
>>
>>1077641

What?
>>
>>1077661
The reality is you will put it off for years, or attempt and fail after realising how much hard work it takes to sustain a job and study.

And after see'ing how much it takes just to live in the UK while trying to save money likely never do it
>>
>>1077672

Well what the fuck is his other option? He needs to work, and to get himself out of the min wage cuckdom he needs additional qualifications. He's got to try at least you fucking putdown.
>>
>>1077682
>you fucking putdown

My post was sugar coated so If you want to talk sit around and drink tea and talk about your dreams or whatever go to /b/ or something, this board is for people to talk about reality.

And put down isn't even a fucking morsel of what reality is you fucking underachiever

In the real world you suck dick left and right to get into a big company, BEG them to put you under tuition that THEY decide and then you say THANK YOU or go straight back to that 20k salary.
>>
If you're willing to get a job you'll probably hate, Aldi (at least in my area) are always looking for staff because they burn people out so quickly.

£8.40 an hour as of this month and they're always opening new stores. I was on a 25 hour contract but worked closer to 40 hours a week. Your days off are random so you might get monday/thursday off or something. You can start as early as 6am and finish at late as 10pm, you can do up to 10 hour shifts with only a half an hour break and more than likely as the new guy you'll be stuck on the till all fucking day.

It's tedious as fuck and they are completely autistic about rules and the managers are jobsworths but it's good money as far as retail cuckery goes. (I left after saving up a few grand)

Why not join the armed forces? The Army and Navy have always got adverts on the telly and you don't need to be the brains of Britain or exceptionally fit to get in. £16k+ as a basic squaddie/rating and at the very least you can pick up some skills along the way
>>
>>1077331
You could start an AAT course and would be able to land an accounting assistant job almost immediately (in London anyway...)

All in all it is very easy to get into accounting if you don't mind it
>>
>>1077536
Home and office Removals
>>
>>1077331
you're 23 man, you're still bulletproof. just go get any job that will hire you and start earning some paychecks. any amount of income is better than 0 income. save your money, don't spend it on anything stupid. if you work consistently until your 25 you'll be able to move out and have a decent start.
>>
>>1077738

What the actual fuck are you babbling on about, are you even aware of the topic of the thread or have you frothed so much that you can't see?

OP is a NEET who wants a low level job and to also do minor study if he can. What the shit does that have to do with all this bollocks you've just typed out? Did you get fired or something and want to rant about unrelated shit? Go vent elsewhere faggot.
>>
>>1077351

Look out for Hand Picked in Dunfermline. If you impress them during the 5 day course you're guaranteed a job.
>>
>>1077738
I'm currently in an institution where I know for certainly that:
>1 "deer-in-headlights"-tier female has fucked her way to the top
>an arbitrary/unnecessary position was created for a girl to keep her boyfriend, that she is also the boss of, employed and not made redundant.

Is it like this everywhere? I thought "sucking dick" were isolated scenarios?
>>
Do ANY work you lazy cunt.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere.
>>
File: 1446947255641.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446947255641.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>1077331
I lived in the UK and did callcenter work. Even for that you generally need 6 months to 2 years of experience.

I got lucky. Lied on my CV and they didn´t check anything .
>>
>>1077813
>>1077463

what's the pay? working hours? transport?

any specific skills needed?

>>1077361
>try recruitment agencies
actually, the first thing you do is go to an agency. in my experience you get a job interview (training) the very next day after applying.
low-level work in hotels, restaurants and such... even odd jobs like moving furniture.
>>
>>1078784
fuck iv been trying to find this pic since forever
>>
What about considering going into trades? Get an apprenticeship and work your way up, eventually you could probably own your own business

You'll earn more than minimum wage and you can still go to night school to learn
>>
Dude, you have to sell something in this world to make the money. Start washing cars at a car lot and work your way up learning the business. You will get there. I am wealthy. Wealth is built over a lifetime. There is no shortcut. Settle in for the long ride.
>>
>>1077331
Apply at Tesco. They'll hire fucking anyone. If they don't take you, apply for other supermarkets.
Wait for the end of the financial year first; they're all over budget for payroll this time of year.
>>
>>1080290
pretty much this - it's impossible to not find a minimum wage job in London.
>agencies
>hotels
>supermarkets
>restaurants
>miki d's
>janitor at anywhere inc.

also, you'd be better off moving to a low cost of living place - cheaper rent, cheaper food, same minimum wage.
>>
>>1080290
that´s true. At my local Tesco they even employed mentally handicapped people during the Christmas period.. So you had drooling ´I can count to potato´´ people behind the cash registers. Not joking.
>>
>>1080387
also there is a lot of informal work everywhere.

A friend of mine did house clearances. He hired all kinds of people, Romanians, Bulgarians people with extensive criminal records etc etc . He doesn´t care as long as the works get done. He paid them all cash.
>>
>>1080637
even addicts got hired as long as long as they were not all too crazy or spaced out.
>>
>>1080637
>informal
you mean illegal work... I had a problem finding anything like that (clearing places, moving stuff) when I was unemployed for a few weeks and panicking.
>>
Fake a CV, get a friend to be a reference. Then you'll get a job. Carpet cleaning and water damage restoration are good starting careers well paid. Then get a used laptop and study programming, Linux and DevOps online. Your life will change drastically if you stick to it. Learn python, DevOps, aws. All free to learn online.
>>
Just out of curiosity; what does it feel like to be in this position? (Aka a NEET well into your twenties)?
>>
>>1080800
>Then get a used laptop and study programming
No, don't do this. The world doesn't need another shitty coder. If you're not gonna seriously study it and put in your 10,000 hours you're just wasting your time.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.