[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm still in college and study cs. I'd like to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1453869100142.jpg (1MB, 2220x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1453869100142.jpg
1MB, 2220x4096px
I'm still in college and study cs. I'd like to get into the stock market. I have no idea how to go on about this. What would be the best way to get on about this? Atm I got literally 5euros in my pocket.

A fwb of mine told me that her father does this and makes sick money on the side, like buying stocks for 1cent and selling them for 5euros (she babbled sth about speculation or sth).

Now I know there are sites that show you the trend of buisinesses on the stock market.
>>
>>1077091
Good taste in some of those books on the shelf there. A few good films too.

If you study CS, i suggest studying mathematics too. Technical Analysis is the best side to this.

Read and study first. Every battle is won before it has even begun. You should look into pattern analysis.

Economics, Finance, Mathematical Statistics, calculus and linear algebra as well as a bit of geometry should be the fields you study most.
>>
>>1077144

>TA

I'm LMAOing at your life.
>>
>>1077091
Who is this creepy jew with terrible fashion sense?
>>
>>1077144
>>1077148
u wot?

>>1077200
no idea
>>
>>1077229
Do you have any good app/hp suggestions?

The father of a girl I know let's his bank to the thing and only tells them which stocks and when to sell max and when to sell min.
>>
>>1077144
Do not follow this anon's advice.

Technical Analysis is autistic tier stock market analysis. The only useful things from TA are the 200 and 50 day moving averages. All the rest of TA is astrology-tier "science"
>>
>>1077229
IN regards to this stuff, writing algos to trade on news etc, it worked in 2011, but now the whole market is full of algo's and no one can make any money doing this anymore.

That is, unless you're a computer guy helping the institutions colocate and HFT. Then you get very wealthy.
>>
File: big doge.jpg (106KB, 605x609px) Image search: [Google]
big doge.jpg
106KB, 605x609px
>>1077269
>writing algos to trade on news etc, it worked in 2011

Yeah, I wouldn't do it myself. I was saying to get OP into the ballpark of what's possible. I think there is room for creative people doing creative things though, even if it's a home brew job. That's what we're all trying to do here, after all.

>>1077251
Yeah, go read some books. Lurk more. Look up value investing.

Maybe if you want to use CS look into applications of machine learning to markets. If you're CS I'm guessing you should be able to implement some of those algorithms in Python (backtest and work a virtual portfolio before blowing all your money).

Also, you need capital, so save. Don't be stupid and don't lie to yourself.
>>
>>1077091
Good look getting rich on penny stocks kek. Your fwb probably has zero idea what her dad truly does.
>>
my typfe of girl. average hot. got any more? =)
>>
>>1077091
she is pretty cute 9/10 would read Contact with
>>
>>1077091
Buy bonds that give a lower return than the US Dollar :)
>>
>>1077091
Search 'Investing 101: Introduction' on Investopedia and read through that article to get you started.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.