[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the value of stocks completely made up by people who buy stocks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: ZJJhUJa.jpg (519KB, 1285x1937px) Image search: [Google]
ZJJhUJa.jpg
519KB, 1285x1937px
Are the value of stocks completely made up by people who buy stocks?
>>
>>1077017
and sell
>>
>>1077017
You're asking the wrong question.
>>
>>1077017
Value is a subjective judgement. You're thinking of price. And yes, the price of a thing is basically decided by the seller since we usually don't let the purchaser define the price he needs to pay.
>>
you basically have a bunch of orders from people who say
>i want to buy x amount of this stock for this price
>i want to sell x amount of this stock for this price
whenever buyers and sellers come to an agreement the price of the stock is determined.

people itt please correct me if im wrong.
>>
>>1077138
>>1077168
>>1077185
>>1077202
Isn't that circular? Stocks are worth money because they might be worth more in the future. There's nothing tying it to real value but dividends.
>>
File: accelerator deal with it.jpg (122KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
accelerator deal with it.jpg
122KB, 610x610px
>>1077202
Yes, also to add, the stock price is the last transaction made between a buyer and a seller
>>1077224
Completely wrong, when you buy a stock you're actually taking ownership in a portion of said company, how does no body know this
>>
>>1077225

With limited to no voting rights or say in the company.
>>
>>1077225
What about electronically bought stocks? Do I get voting rights and a share of liquidated assests or dividends?
>>
File: lotad pepe.png (90KB, 921x735px) Image search: [Google]
lotad pepe.png
90KB, 921x735px
>>1077237
>>1077231

Theres no difference of how you bought it, if you bought it, its yours.

Voting rights is another topic, it differs between company, for some, you need to own a certain percentage of the company to have a say.

It isnt retarded like democracy where they let the majority of dumb idiots decide how things run, look how that turned out [look outside]
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.