[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

INVESTING IN OPEN BAZAAR - REVOLUTIONIZING COMMERCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: OB.png (116KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
OB.png
116KB, 1024x724px
Does /biz/ think a concept such as OB could be the next big step in how commerce is done?

Instead of this being a single product line, it seems like big shift, similar on scale to how filiament bulbs changed into LED's, and generally a good idea

INFO

https://blog.openbazaar.org/what-is-openbazaar/
>>
Depending on how user friendly it is, I have my doubts.
>>
>>1077002
>similar on scale to how filiament bulbs changed into LED's,
As much as a good idea it was it failed miserably.
They are too expensive,one costs as 15 regular,they break fast because of the electronics inside.
Please dont draw parallels on things you don't understand.
>>
Sometimes, layers are good. You know, security and shit? Nobody today has any complaints about e-commerce. Its the easiest and fastest its ever been.

The biggest problem in e-commerce is shitbag delivery drivers and general delivery systems.
>>
File: japanese gentrumen.png (173KB, 385x348px) Image search: [Google]
japanese gentrumen.png
173KB, 385x348px
>commerce based completely on shitcoin
>>
>>1077002

So, eBay with bitcoins?
>>
>>1077002

So, this revolutionary idea is based entirely on the assumption that a great enough number of global traders will start accepting virtually anonymous bitcoin payments?

Sounds legit OP, you should definitely invest your savings.
>>
How can you "invest" in openbazaar?

It's too little too late as far as i can see. Bitcoin is doomed ethereum to the moon!
>>
>>1077668

This is off topic but

>failed miserably

I can't say I agree with that. For 15-20 years worth of light output, $12 is pretty OK. LED's are much more shock resistant, and have less parts that are susceptible to breakage (Ie Incandescent filaments)

The only times I've heard of anybody replacing a new bulb was because they smashed it.

For those who are too poor to afford that can get CFL's for $4, which are about halfway inbetween, but have lead in them
>>
>>1078140
>have lead in them

Shit i'd better stop eating those
>>
>>1077668
>LEDs
>As much as a good idea it was it failed miserably
>they break fast because of the electronics inside
>don't draw parallels on things you don't understand

Haha, oh man, the irony is palpable.

LEDs did not "fail miserably". They haven't failed at all. LEDs have been one of the most fundamental components in electronics industries (read: every industry that exists today). LEDs as lighting is just now getting widespread adoption in the consumer market.

LED pricing has gone down at a Moore's Law-esque pace for the last like decade. LEDs are going to become to majority light source by, maybe at the latest, 2025.

I don't know why you're telling someone to not talk about something they don't understand, when you very clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>1078202
>>1077668
Oh, and
>they break fast because of the electronics inside

You can drop a plastic LED bulb off a fucking roof and it'll continue working. With normal use they'll last more than 2 decades you retard.

What the hell, "they break fast"? I've literally never heard that, ever, not in my schooling nor in my career as an electrical engineer.

Why did you even post that?
>>
>>1078210
>You can drop a plastic LED bulb off a fucking roof and it'll continue working.
>What is heat
>what is caps blowing and transistors failing because of heat

>Moore's Law-esque pace for the last like decade
Big words there buddy

>>1078140
>and have less parts that are susceptible to breakage
Have you opened one to see whats in there?
They have more shit in them than a tai fuckboy.

over all the idea is still good but they will never be adopted world wide
>>
>>1078516
>over all the idea is still good but they will never be adopted world wide

Why do you just keep saying random things? I'm an electrical engineer, I know people who design LEDs. Pro tip: if it weren't profitable, they wouldn't have jobs designing LEDs.
>>
>>1077668
LEDs make up almost every modern day light source these days.
>>
>>1077002

Openazaar is shit and the people in charge are idiots that don't know anything about writing networking code.

I'd advise to stay away.
>>
>>1077002
So coinfaggots are suddenly going to start spending their precious fakemoney? Not going to happen...
>>
File: status-quo.jpg (171KB, 2400x996px) Image search: [Google]
status-quo.jpg
171KB, 2400x996px
>>1077002
Did someone say Status Quo?
>>
File: poof.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
poof.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>1077002
You do know this is essentially just walking into a store and paying cash. It's not a new idea and there is a very good reason why it did not get imported to buying shit online even with crypto currencies.

>where's my stuff?
>where's my money?
>someone has it, fuck knows who however
>guess your fucked, oh look they traded it for USD.
>>
>>1077962
>Anony
I'd move some product for bitcoin. You can go down the street and exchange it for cash if you live near a big city.
>>
>>1077002
I mean yeah, it is a good idea. But how do you "invest" in a protocol?

In reality it is just a more efficient way of doing what we do currently.

So build up your business, and when viable - move some of your sales to peer to peer stuff like this.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.