[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how many of you had jobs before you were 18? what percent of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 14xgfg4.jpg (99KB, 469x600px) Image search: [Google]
14xgfg4.jpg
99KB, 469x600px
how many of you had jobs before you were 18? what percent of 18 yr olds actually have jobs?
>>
>>1076771
Technically, I had a job when I was 16 because I was doing an undergrad research apprenticeship. Not a real job though.
>>
I had my first job at 14 or 15. Grocery store pushing carts. I had a job right up until college. It is by far the easiest time in your life to build capital, assuming you won't have free housing at 18+
>>
>>1076771
I worked on the winter break when I was 14 if you ask specifically before 18. Two weeks on a packaging assembly line. It was hell, and gave me the motivation to do reasonably well to go to uni.
>>
I'm about to start a job at mcdonalds(dogshit i know), + i get free housing.
>>
>>1076771
I got a job when i was 14 and 9 months because that was the minimum age of employment in my country.
I started helping my dad install air conditioners for cash when I was 15-16 and did that on and off when i needed money while studying or out of employment.
Moved out of home when i was 18 because that's what you did. I've never been in a situation where i was living at home not working. At one stage i was living at home, would get up a 2am to work at a wholesale market, go to school 8am until 3pm, then go start a shift at a petrol station that finished at 11pm. Would then go home, get 2-3 hours sleep and do it again.

Needless to say i only did that for a few weeks. Doing that shit and working with my dad 12 hours a day has made every job since a fucking cakewalk.
>>
>>1076785
I would suggest that you avoid retail, especially fast food at all costs. It induces stress, anxiety, cynicism towards humans, it makes you a total cog, and no human should subject themselves to this for any length of time. I mean if its 24hrs or less a week maybe, but seriously try to find a shop helper job at a shop somewhere, its a far more human experience and you'll actually learn good skills like how to surrender to something worthwhile, how to stand up for yourself, and how to handle confrontation. Because in a shop with journeymen you win points by fighting back, in retail you have to surrender to unreasonable and weak people and this is the last thing a young man should experience
>>
I had 4 or 5 jobs before I turned 18. Go out to a construction site with your hat in hand, ask for the superintendent, and tell him you are willing to bust ass working general labor so you can enter the industry. This will make you a man, and teach you valuable experience you can actually apply to a white collar job. No offense, but fast food is for retarded pleb slave niggers.
>>
>>1076851
i just need something to pass time untill i start uni, its piss easy to get a job at macdonalds so i just thought why the fuck not
>>
>>1076859
Wrong choice. It's psychologically destructive and it takes more investment than "passing the time".
>>
>>1076878
whats psychologically destructive about it? all im doing is assembling some dogshit burgers/frying some chips
>>
>>1076851
What are you talking about senpai.

McDonalds is chill as fuck.
>Free food/50% discount
>Everyone is young so a bunch of chill niggas to smoke kush with
>easy to find job(literally apply to 3 mcdonalds and you've got a jobberino)
>easy work

Smfh desu @ u

But on the real, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT become a dishwasher. Worst fucking job in the world

>hours are retarded
>Literally the bitchboi of the place, cleaning dirty ass shit the other employees just throw at you
>Have to clean cum off the dishes
>Everyone thinks you are a subhuman
>>
>>1076859
>>1076885
What country/part u in senpai? I think it kind of varies by where you work because if you work in the middle of nowhere it'll be chill but otherwise might be kind of shitty

I know a couple guys who got fired for no reason because a shitty customer made something up
>>
>>1076892
i live in new zealand brah
>>
>>1076893
$20/hr Maccas senpai? Or is that Australia?
>>
I worked in electronics at Kmart for 6 months when I was 16. I had to quit when I couldn't get any time off during the holidays, and my entire family was going to DC to see my grandparents. Nobody would move an inch for me.
>you need to go on the trip, you're part of this family.
>you agreed to work during the holidays, so no time off.
So I had to quit.
>>
>>1076896
thats straya, here in nz its $14.25 nzd/hr soon to be $15/hr
>>
>>1076899
Get dat Maori pussy nawmean senpai?
>>
>>1076905
nah brah, im uggo (glasses, weak jaw)
>>
>>1076896

No one makes $20/hr working maccas in straya.

Minimum adult wage (over 20) is $16.50, down to $11.50 for 18 and <$8/hr for 16 and under. I can assure you no maccas hires 18+ year olds except as managers.
>>
>>1076938
is that to say that most maccas staff are 15-17 year olds
>>
>>1076938
I saw a nigga post his paystub of $18-19 at Maccas.(can't remember but I think it was like 18.50 or something)
>>
>>1076785
honestly, after working at mcdonalds, every other job isn't that bad

Mcdonalds is a fun job but be careful if you're young. Just don't let it take over your life, I worked 32-40 hours every week while I was in uni and it took over my life. I usually wasnt even scheduled for 32 hours, I just always some how end up with 30+ hours

Everyone there is your age and at the bottom of the barrel with you, so you can fuck around a lot
>>
>>1076771
Mowed lawns at 14 and 15, worked for a zoo from 16 to 19, did IT from then until graduation.

Anyone who doesn't work at 16 can't complain about being poor.
>>
>>1076942
Yes, they will be hired first. Next will be students out of high school.

>>1076946
Then that nigga is on casual rates. So he's getting $18/hr but no sick leave, holiday leave, super contributions or regular hours. So yeah, you can earn up to $20/hr i guess if you're happy to be fired without re-course as soon as they find a 16yr old to take your place.
>>
>>1076975
Wow what a cuckold place to work.

I went to a mcdonalds near me once and there was no joke 20+ staff standing around doing nothing, sitting at tables eating, 6 standing at one cash register, etc with no customers.

Most were qts
>>
>>1076771
18 here. been working at a chicken farm since I was 15
>>
"Worked" selling own "goods" from age of 16 till age of 19.

Miss it much.
>>
File: peopleiveoffended.jpg (279KB, 1103x709px) Image search: [Google]
peopleiveoffended.jpg
279KB, 1103x709px
>>1076771
>Newspaper boy at 15, quit when he tried to fuck me over
>Got retail job at 16
>Still have it at 18, work as "Late-shift manager" now (I have another title). I get to boss people around on a 16:00-22:00 shift for $19/hour, while I sit in the back for 4 hours of the shift and read.
>>
I didn't work at all until after college, but I got my bachelor's at 19 so work was the logical conclusion at that point. Seemed like a healthy age to start, and I've never had to work a part-time job dealing with plebs.

Anyways, work in high school doesn't matter for what job you get after college unless you're doing something that gives you in-demand technical skills, which you probably won't be. The money is good though because you have no expenses.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.