[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan versus Reddit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10

File: benjamin.png (436KB, 680x293px) Image search: [Google]
benjamin.png
436KB, 680x293px
"Reddit is where stupid people go to act smart. 4chan is where smart people go to act stupid." - Anon

I have $10,000 to invest. I will let 4chan invest $5000 of it. I will let Reddit invest the other $5000. Futures, stocks, currencies, whatever.

The window is 30 days.

Whichever site grows the $5k the most in 30 days settles the question as to which site is smarter.

Obviously suicidal trades will be ignored, but smart, risky trades will be performed and are encouraged.

I will donate 10% of all earnings to a charity of the winner's choice.

I am completely serious and will provide multiple screenshots of account balances, buys, trades, sells, etc.
>>
Ethereum
>>
Ethereum
>>
I mean we can sit here and tell you when to buy or when to short dwti and oil if you want
>>
Ethereum
>>
>>1076516

DWTI won't fall precipitously tomorrow like it did today.
>>
>>1076504
>>1076509
>>1076517

Ethereum not available from my TD Ameritrade account.
>>
File: smile.gif (1MB, 225x199px) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
1MB, 225x199px
>>1076501
All of it in INTC.
>>
>>1076521
Ah well, stay poor and fuck off back to rebbit.
>>
>>1076501
Invest it all into apple.
>>
>>1076501
I am against it for a moral stand point but investing in water might be very good. However, it is more a long term investment. 30 days it is a little short for it.
>>
>>1076501
/r/wallstreetbets vs /biz/?
>>
>>1076501
Go long on Twitter.

Trump will make shitposting great again.
>>
10k is barely enough to start properly investing.

Answer the following questions.

How old are you?
Do you have an emergency fund?
Do you have any consumer debt?
Do you have student loans
Do you have a job?

Just buying an admiral share of VOO is the easiest and safest long term investment choice.

If you don't have a job, don't have an emergency fund, and/or have debt, then you should just keep that money in a money market account.

Stop giving a fuck about what how intelligent online forums are and do what is best yourself
>>
>>1076501
Bitcoin,xem, ethereum,factom
>>
Wait until saudi arabia stops overproduction and then all in oil. Sell at 50-70 to play it safe. It could go back up to 100+, but theres gonna be a bubble and id setle for a safe triple.
>>
Pro tip: avoid ether all together. Let the cyrptoshills play their little games.

Id be willing to have a 2017 r/finance vs /biz/
>>
Western Lithium Corporation
>>
>>1076556
Oh 30 days,
?.

Ethereum
>>
"Reddit is where stupid people go to act smart. 4chan is where smart people go to act stupid." - Anon

This feels so right. I love being anon.
>>
>>1076501
This is fucking stupid OP and your an idiot for bothering to do it.

Nobody is going to give you good buys with this scam. All you are going to get is idiotically high risk penny stock shit and random guesses.
>>
>>1076501
bitcoin stocks, gold silver
>>
>>1076504
>>1076509
>>1076517
>>1076521
>>1076531
>>1076611
>>1076619
>>1076664

This is why most of /biz/ is fail at finance and this board sucks ass. Their only solution to investing is putting money in shitcoins. Eventually every one of these NEETs are going to be broke and begging mommy to let them stay an extra year in the basement. "Stay poor nocoiner" is as ironic as it is just plain sad.
>>
Bet it all on a boxing match.

50% chance to increase
>>
File: image.gif (152KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
152KB, 200x200px
>>1076678
Show us your portfolio and how much money you're making you fedora sporting nitwit. I bet the crypto traders on here make you robinhood faggots look like smallfry.
>>
>>1076678
what about my western lithium suggestion
>>
File: 1452476444885.gif (1MB, 305x350px) Image search: [Google]
1452476444885.gif
1MB, 305x350px
>>1076723
>>1076678
>>
>>1076678
There are swathes of posts by a small group of samefags. Consider "please help me biz", shekeli or whatever his name is, the guy posting charts of stocks with big drops and asking if they're worth buying, all the e-coin shit, etc. Sometimes I wish there was a means to remove anonymity to get rid of these fucks
>>
>>1076521
you do realize they're joking right m8
buy some gilead
>>
>>1076678
Actually yea lets get 5 stock trader and crypto exchange timestamp screenshots and compare.

Or whoever wants to contribute.
>>
>>1076501
you think 4chan will actually give you real advice and not troll you into buying buttcoins?
>>
>>1076730
>e-coin

Grandad fuck off please
>>
>>1076741
I'm not going to specify further, sorry. Call them x-coin or whatever you like
>>
>>1076501
Buy as much oil as you possibly can. Its current price is only possible by selling it at a loss. It has to go up one way or another, even if we are entering into a recession.

Better yet leveraged oil derivatives.
>>
>>1076501
Entire 5K on Mazor Robotics fgt, look it up and thank me later.
>>
>>1076820
There's only 30 days for the bet, though. That's a long term investment.

Oil is the best way to make the most money in that time frame.
>>
>>1076839
I missed the 30 day thing familia. If you have a year, you should put it on.

For 30 days - flip stuff from alibaba on amazon. Use JungleScout to estimate sales on existing products, buy the same crap (fly by air straight to amazon fulfillment center), list against their listing on discount, then sell out. You'll likely to double your 5k if you do this right.
>>
All in SFXE
>>
>>1076678
> overreacting this much to 3 posts that are clearly jokes

Thanks mate, I needed a good laugh
>>
>>1076813
Do this OP.
>>
RPXC - RPX Corp
RPX Corp provides a subscription-based patent risk management solution that facilitates more efficient exchanges of value between owners and users of patents compared to transactions driven by actual or threatened litigation.
-Magic formula eligible
-3.0 P/FCF / 0.93 PEG
-19% three year trailing revenue growth / 15% net margin
-No debt
http://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=RPXC
>>
>>1076501
Someone screen shot the crypto posts and stock posts let's see who's correct 30 days from now.
>>
>>1076868
Get the prices of Eth and BTC, compare it to the stock prices
>>
I come here because I find your autist NEET humor very amusing, but you all are completely fucking retarded compared to some of the industry professional Reddit contributors on /r/investing. Go there if you want to actually learn how to invest instead of this rat shithole.
>>
File: ey.jpg (40KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
ey.jpg
40KB, 600x449px
>>1076872
Lets compare in 30 days, anything for karma points right b0ss
>>
File: 1453129958569.jpg (65KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453129958569.jpg
65KB, 720x960px
>>1076558
Wsb is 4chan, nigger.
>>
File: images.jpg (925KB, 1492x1120px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
925KB, 1492x1120px
Ethereum a sure hit? or doom to fail?
>>
Since when did everyone get obsesses with Ethereum.

That shit is literally gay as fuck. It was started by a moron they put up as a savant. It has no business purpose, and no growth prospects. Anyone with any perspective in business understand that. Only fools fall for this snake oil.

In regards to the investment, buy 2500 in the S&P, and 2500 in some high grade corporate debt, like Exxon or something with at least an A or AA rating. That will single handedly destroy anybullshit reddit will come up with.

Also, you cant just be comparing Reddit to 4chan's return. You need to compare returns on a risk-adjusted basis (Sharpe Ratios)
>>
>>1077284
Guaranteed in 30 days ETH will have more gains than all of that bullshit you just posted.
>>
>>1077284
Since the shills moved in to try and pump it in every fucking thread.
>>
>>1077296
what about adjusting those gains for risk?

You dont even know what I am talking about. Fucking normies trying to front like they know shit about investing.
>>
>>1076524
NO NO NO

>>1076501
GO ALL IN ON LUV (SOUTHWEST AIRLINES) AND SELL AT 43 u nitwit
>>
>>1077303
Sorry im talking about whats happening in this century not 1800's

>risk

And what are your parameters? Are you relying on audits? Are you relying on honesty in reporting? Oh i see you are relying on trust in centralised systems.

Good luck
>>
>>1077312
See, you dont even know what risk IS.

Ethereum is a scam. Its just a ripoff of Ripple anyway. Fucking kids these days.

Can you even explain WHY ethereum is worth anything? Can you explain WHY ethereum's or whatever they are called witll appreciate in value?

Or are you just investing like a fucking caveman being like "omg sounds like its the future BUY IT NO MATTER WHAT IT MUST GO UP FUUUUU"
>>
>>1077320
You explain what risk is and where you get the data from first.
>>
>>1077284
>Anyone with any perspective in business understand that. Only fools fall for this snake oil.

For disclosure I'm not Vitaliks biggest fan (threw in ~0.5BTC to make the guy bulk up), but what you wrote is kek-tier. Noone here has any a good perspective on business or a well homed business radar. Ethereum is basically babys first step to learning how to trade, this is its only benefit.
>>
>>1076678
>I don't understand it therefore it's a bad idea
If you know what you're doing, trading shit coins can be very profitable. Mainly because there are so many people that trade them who don't know what they're doing.
>>
This is a stupid idea for many reasons, but namely:

You are asking us to use a buy and hold strategy for a period of time that the strategy would not have time to take effect. For a 30-day window you are just asking us to play a guessing game. You could ask a 5 year old to pick a portfolio and after 30 days it could outperform anything we or Reddit would have chosen.

Change the window to 5 years, then it would make sense.
>>
>>1076501
ENY Guggenheim
>>
>>1076710
Two outcomes. Must be a 50% chance of winning.

Lol
>>
>>1077327
Risk is measured by sigma.

>>1077320
The value of Ethereum is in the possibility of supporting smart contracts in the future. There is no competitive advantage over any copies banks will create over the next few months.
>>
Buy:

Facebook
Amazon
Google
Tullow
Southwestern
Consol
Delta lloyd
Glencore
Dwti/Uwti
>>
Thank me later
>>
Also buy gilead and celgene for biosome diversication.
>>
>>1076533
Yeah with the chink market crashing

Sounds solid
>>
>>1077948
Why these two?
>>
>>1077942
>Amazon

Why?
>>
>>1077926
And where do you get the data for this "sigma" metric?
>>
>>1076501
Put it into a savings account

beat reddit because reddit is retarded and will pick an extremely risky investment
>>
>>1076509
>>1076504
>>1076517
pls die
>>
>>1077973

It's standard deviation you illiterate nigger, have you never taken as much as a novice finance class?
>>
>>1077474
yes and the profitable part is over, enjoy your worthless shitcoins
>>
>>1076501
terrible time to invest.

You can invest in oil, if it hasnt bottomed out yet, its bound to be very close, the only question would how long it would stay there.
Some people would say that the issue is solely due to a glut.
I would say that its that, plus lower demand because of China currently imploding.

>The window is 30 days.
Didnt see that.
Well, short Deutsche Bank :^)
>>
>>1076748
They're called cryptos you fuck
>>
Purchase GNW, preferably next week when it dips again and hold.

Sell once you see past $2.70 and enjoy the gains.

Thank me later by making a thread with a picture of the company.
>>
>>1076624
Gb2reddit faggot
>>
>>1076678
even though im not a shitcoin investor i think investing in it is a good idea since shitcoins arent monopolized in any way and the price is dicated by price/demand so by that your best shot would be using tools that are given to you in your forex trading software

t.a guy who was really into forex trading from 2011-2014
>>
>>1080785
Nope
>>
>>1076501
Well if you had said this a week earlier I would have told you to short LNKD.. too late for that now.

If your broker offers it, short tech stocks. However if it increases by more than 2.5% - buy the stock back and cut your losses. Market is too volatile to gamble.

Otherwise buy a low-fees Vanguard index fund and hold it for the next 20 years and you'll easily double / triple your money in that time without any longterm risk.
>>
>>1076501
How are you going to decide how to trade it? A lot of people will shitpost and blow your trades up.
>>
>>1076571
>admiral share
Hey I'm not OP but what is an admiral share and does it exist for VFV too or just VOO
>>
Which subreddit are you asking?
>>
>>1076820
Why do your recommend MZOR? They've been taking ampoundingmtheae last few years.
>>
>>1081397
Whoops, forgot my sage was on
>>
>>1080913
Lower cost fund, but requires 10k to buy into
>>
Invest in knee pads and anal lube because you're going to need it op ;)
>>
>>1076842
1) There are a lot of shady, unreliable sellers on Alibaba.

2) Seller ranking and reputation matters more than price. Just because you list your product at a lower price than other competitors doesn't necessarily mean most people would buy from you instead of your competitor.

3) If you have a big inventory of a particular product, you might not be able to flip all of it in thirty days due to the problem mentioned in point two.
>>
Short chevron. There will be an investigation and SEC will halt the trading very soon.
>>
>>1076501
Op email me at [email protected]
You can have me trade forex for you. You just open an account with a broker and list me as your professional trader sit back and profit!
>>
File: 4Chan_Port_1.png (105KB, 1194x266px) Image search: [Google]
4Chan_Port_1.png
105KB, 1194x266px
>>1076501

OP delivers.

I'm also placing some put orders this morning for the fuck of it.
>>
>>1083002

>trade forex

What foreign currency is volatile right now, aside from Canadollars?
>>
>>1083015

>Stupid Mexican thinks he made huge gains, even though it is just a glitch in the calculation of the exchange rate.
>>
>>1076501
apple coming with new phone

go money there
>>
can someone point me to somewhere i can buy ethereum?
probably just gonna spend 10-20 bucks just so i dont feel like i missed out if it explodes
>>
>>1083537
Shit's already exploding. Find an exchange ASAP.

18% gains in just 4 days.
>>
>>1076501
Long SKUL
>>
DUST its super low and gold won't stay high when the market rebounds
>>
Go full Dogecoin.
Beat Plebbit with its own weapons.
>>
>>1076501
>short Deutsche Bank and Dresdner Bank
>sell EUR/CHF and EUR/USD day-trading, reevaluate your positions daily. The euro will take another hit (especially the german DAX) so this is the logical counter reaction.
>short CS Group N, they will have at least 3-4 strong negative days left and got a really bad last year and quarterly result.
>>
Buy 5k worth Magic the gathering cards.... Open packs sell cards on eBay make $1500 then invest in minty mint coin
>>
Covered Puts Brah. Sell Stock on upticks and Sell puts against, ideally on the lows.
>>
Looks like ethereum will btfo nocoiner returns in the short, medium and long term.

>nocoinz on suicide watch.
>>
>>1077980
this
>>
buy a high end lab and produce mxe and sell it
>>
>>1083537
if you have a credit card, sign up with coinbase to set up a bitcoin wallet and buy bitcoin. then deposit it on poloniex, and buy ethereum there. this could take a number of days, more if you don't have a credit card. better act quick I guess. I doubt the explosion will last very much longer (but idk shit about the coin)
>>
>>1085823
buy a low end lab and produce dmt and sell it.
>>
>>1076501
Go to a city that has an abundance of both traffic and abandoned parking lots. Spend your money on high tech car boots.

Loan those boots off to people for $200 a night. Those people would take the boots and place them on people's cars while they're away. When the people come back, they'll have no choice but to pay money for the boots to be taken off.

They'd make a profit and you'd make a profit. Spend some of that $5,000 dollars on an "insurance." These would be large, muscular men whose job it is to make sure that no one steals your boots.

If you loan 20 boots per night for the next year, each 200 dollars a loan, you'd make $1,460,000.00 in one year. After expenses (paying for the boots that cost 145.23 each) and paying your two men $500.00 a night, you'd have made a profit of $1,092,095.40.
>>
Invest.
>>
File: 1453855574335.png (11KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1453855574335.png
11KB, 429x410px
>>1085893
The most autistic/brilliant thing I've ever read.
>>
>>1085893
It's illegal for a private company to place these things on vehicles. I took a work vehicle home and got booted in my job's plaza complex's parking lot. The fucking idiot booted me on the passenger side and I didn't see it and tried to drive off. I had to take the property management group to court over it.
>>
>>1085893
I wondered what the fuck you were talking about then i realised you were talking about wheel clamps.
>>
>>1085991
It's only illegal if you get caught.
>>
>>1086046
What did you think I meant?
>>
Requesting reddit link/screenshots
>>
UWTI
>>
>>1076501
What did I say. Bitcoin and ethereum... taa data 40% gains less then a week
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.