[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone Interview Prep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I just received a call and I have a phone interview on friday (i am on the other side of the country for school). Its for an accounting internship, working with the controller.

I've already looked up the company on glassdoor, what other resources can I use to prepare?

Should I just write out my answers to their most asked questions? I'll be trying to form my answers with the STAR approach.
>>
Ay nigga I gotchu. Here are some primo questions that you should ask when they ask "have any questions"

Can you tell me a typical day on the job?
What do you like most about the job?
Can you tell me about the projects I'll be working on?
How would you define success in the position.

And then make sure you thank them in a follow up email for the interview.

Also don't wash your asshole for good luck. Gives you that sweaty crack sense of confidence.
>>
>>1076479
Another few good questions are
"What are the best and worst parts about working for this company?"

"If you could change a few things at this company, what would they be?"

"Do you enjoy your job/working for this company?"(any answer/hesitation other than an immediate "Yes" is a sign that it's not such a good place to work)

Maybe leave out the more pressuring questions like "What do you hate the most here?", seems a bit bad to be so negative and perhaps putting light on the company's bad sides before you even get hired.
>>
>>1076485
luckily i've worked for the company before so I know the perks and stuff
>>
>>1076199
Google common entry level interview questions for the job you're interviewing for.

They won't be an exact match with what you will get asked, but it will get you thinking about the type of questions.

When it comes time, just relax. not too much coffee. deep breaths. and you'll do fine.
>>
Make sure you're using a good landline. Don't call on a fucking cellphone that sounds like shit.
>>
>>1076199
I forgot to add:
Interviewing is a skill. You can and will get better at it through practice. Even if you biff a couple of interviews, just learn and you'll improve.
>>
>>1076616
i dont have a landline im a college student
>>
they sent me an email saying who i will be interviewed by and i looked up both on linked in, anything i should note?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.