[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if this is actually business related, but my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: accel-world-01d.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
accel-world-01d.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
I'm not sure if this is actually business related, but my girlfriend works at a retirement home - and her workplace randomly decided to enforce new rules, which basically say that when someone is sick and has a doctor's note, that isn't an excuse anymore and it counts as an unexcused off day, and 3 of those within 3 months and you can get fired.
Can they just do that?
>>
Nice, nothing says happy healthy retirees than an employment clause that says, "come to work no matter how sick or face the consequences".

8/8 retirement facility. Would recommend.
>>
>forbidding employees to be sick

It's not worth the fight, tell her to find a new job.
>>
Is she expected to use PTO instead of sick leave? Many companies are simply adding PTO and eliminating sick leave because people would pretend to be sick anyway.
>>
>>1076126
Paid time off, so like vacation days?
Maybe they expect her to do that, but that'd be bullshit because then she would never have a real vacation anymore.
>>
Not really, but from i hear about retirement homes is that for some reasons nurses call off all the fucking time and theres no floaters.
>>
>>1076162
>for some reason

Yeah I can't imagine why you would want a break from dealing with wiping the asses of grumpy ungrateful old wrinklebags who aren't even related to you. Just like any field that tries to meme people in with "rewarding" or "feel good and help others" it's sure to be 90% shit, 10% decent and a once in a blue moon hallmark moment
>>
>>1076009

Yes. There are no regulations on"sick days".

Your GF just has a shit employer.
>>
>>1076175
Kek what this guy said. It only feels good to help others when I get lots of money to do so.
Nursing home jobs are helium-bag-tier.
>>
Why is it that nobody else cares about the fact that this retirement home, with a vested interest in keeping the elderly with compromised immune systems healthy and safe, is actively encouraging people to come in sick? Demanding people to come in unless their illness is bad enough to get a doctor's note about. I've had the flu and not visited the doctors before. I've had sicknesses where I was vomiting and didn't see a doctor for it.

Those are the kinds of germs they want their elderly CLIENTS (easily paying thousands per month for the "service") exposed to?
>>
>>1076200
What should she do about it though?
Like, who can you go to complain about it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.